[Drama 2010] ATHENA : Goddess of War 아테나: 전쟁의 여신

Guest Lilazinprincess

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwing laptop or showing anger still not convince me that SH loves HI. With someone like SH, he sure so mad to know that HI is in love with JW, because SH know HI is betraying him, she's not honest with him anymore. Someone who loves himself like SH will not accept that. He thinks HI is belong to him and have to serve him 100%, but now she's not HI like before. That's make him mad and throw the laptop away. Bringing flowers to her not means he loves her. I don't buy it. Maybe he has some feelings for her, but not all that deep. If he loves her he will not using her like he did in episode 9. Just my 2 cents :sweatingbullets:

Guest SooInSmile

lol I love that scene where SH walked by and touch JH on the waist, that was so cute. I hope they end up together, they are awesome, need more of them!!

I'm just want to clarify some things -

The conversation between Director Kwon and JH (about SH):

JH dug information about SH's past. Apparently he was an elite student, moved to LA with his parents and during the LA riots, SH's parents died. And I guess because of that, he built up anger and vengence. He got into the CIA where Director Kwon suspects that SH endured alot of racism and felt outcasted, which is why SH is so cold. Director Kwon asks if she found any link to Athena. And she said no.

Now the past relationship between HI and SH (what she was saying with Sean Richard in Hawaii)

Sean Richard was picking up HI to bring back to SH and she hesitated. Sean asked if he could ask a personal question which was "what is your past relationship with SH?" (I'm assuming that it's pretty obvious to him that SH is very protective on HI. So apparently, HI's parents also died in the LA riots. And she is trapped in the burning building. During that scene you see someone walking up to the young crying HI, which is SH. So she thinks of him as his hero

Oooo I heart the JW-HI scenes. It was a nice break from the spy talks, killing and action for a nice down time. 

Agree with u. they're so sweet... :P

I feel pity for both of them, I can't imagine how their relationship will end up once JW knows about HI. I think HI falls for JW now but somehow she's worry bot their relationship. I can see that she's worry especially when they're at the deck she's standing there alone think of sthg n then JW comes to hug her from behind (that's so sweet). I hope they have happy ending, although somehow I doubt it.

(sorry for my poor English :P )

Guest pas_sub

rating's dropping again, wah, they had a good start, i really hope this drama will get more attention and love,

hope that SH will open up to JH too,,,

he can't be all stone and have no feelings at all to JH,

Now the past relationship between HI and SH (what she was saying with Sean Richard in Hawaii)

Sean Richard was picking up HI to bring back to SH and she hesitated. Sean asked if he could ask a personal question which was "what is your past relationship with SH?" (I'm assuming that it's pretty obvious to him that SH is very protective on HI. So apparently, HI's parents also died in the LA riots. And she is trapped in the burning building. During that scene you see someone walking up to the young crying HI, which is SH. So she thinks of him as his hero

Thanks for the clarifications. Based on the spoilers and this post, this is what I think about the HI and SH relationship:

SH maybe in love with HI for a long time, because they've been together since they were young. However, he doesn't show her his feelings, and maybe these feelings changed from love to maybe brotherly or just a friend, someone who has been there for her. It's like having a relationship with a best male friend that you have never really loved romantically. I don't quite see the romance from SH to HI, because his love for her has transcended romantic love. I think it's kind of like the love that you have with your younger sister. I'm not saying incest love though, because I don't want you to imagine that. It's like a combination of platonic, romantic and unconditional love. That because he saved her from the fire, he took care of her, he grew to love her. A love that developed for a long time, one that he believes that they will be together in the end (I hope that made sense).

As for HI to SH, I don't think she loves him in a way that she's starting to warm up to JW. JW is beginning to teach her what romantic love is, one that she never received from SH. I think she only sees SH as her father/ brother/ daddy long legs, if you want to call it, because he has always been there for her when she needs him. So when she started feeling these new emotions with JW, she's also starting to lose herself and her admiration on SH. She only sees SH as her hero, but she has never imagined herself to fall in love with him. Or maybe she has considered it, but because of JW's arrival in her life, her perspectives are changing.

I hope I made sense on their relationship, and I just thought of putting it in spoiler tags just cause.

Guest kayana20

Throwing laptop or showing anger still not convince me that SH loves HI. With someone like SH, he sure so mad to know that HI is in love with JW, because SH know HI is betraying him, she's not honest with him anymore. Someone who loves himself like SH will not accept that. He thinks HI is belong to him and have to serve him 100%, but now she's not HI like before. That's make him mad and throw the laptop away. Bringing flowers to her not means he loves her. I don't buy it. Maybe he has some feelings for her, but not all that deep. If he loves her he will not using her like he did in episode 9. Just my 2 cents :sweatingbullets:

I agree wholeheatedly with this and he does not like the facy that JW replaced him as the person she admires and loves. It makes him feel inferior and he wants her to have no compassion and to be a robot. It helps him feel all powerful and in control. I want JH to bring him down literally he is crazy.

I agree that in real life just throwing a laptop or showing some anger wouldn't automatically mean that SH is in love with HI. However, we are in Korean drama land where cliches are used all the time and you need to multiply a normal reaction by a factor of 10. I'm in the camp that believe that SH has been in love with HI for some time. I also think that HI returned his love, but is now starting to change due to her exposure and interaction with the NTS agents, especially JW. I think the automatic acceptance that she is receiving from the NTS agents is making her think about relationships in general.

I see SH traveling down a downwards path here. In Episode 1, when SH tells HI that he'll take care of Director Kwon, we see her expression and then the camera zoomed in again on her face when we heard the gunshots (which we all thought meant that SH had killed Director Kwon). Then we see HI's reaction to killing the guy in the tunnel, and remembering all the people that she had killed. Next, we see her reaction to SH killing the two guys in the warehouse. She's starting to see just how ruthless SH can be. Or maybe she is just starting to realize what exactly Athena is. I think she started her black ops career very young and can see where she would believe that Athena is not quite the terrorist group that others believe it is. Or, she may have even been told that it's governments that are fighting for power that have given Athena it's bad reputation and that in reality, Athena is a secret organization that is trying to maintain peace. But now, given SH's cold-blooded killings, HI is starting to realize that she may be mixed in with the wrong crowd. Pure speculation here on my part.

Or, another possibility is that she knows what Athena is, but never thought that SH was a really bad person. Now, she's seeing differently. Sean Richard's character is another example. As SH's right-hand man, he probably thought that he was "safe." However, being choked probably changed his perspective. I think that SH is going to be "betrayed" by those that he considered to be closest to him. Crime dramas have shown me that the problem with terrorist organizations is that the second-in-command is always waiting for acknowledgment and won't take any verbal or physical kickings from anyone. The first time you do, you're asking to get stabbed in the back. Those on the "good side" don't do what they do for the power and as a public servant, they don't expect any thank yous. Therefore, they take all the verbal and physical punishment without any resentment building up. Again, this is a reflection on the crime dramas that I've seen--not real life.

So, again, I think that SH loves HI. I think that she returned his love but is now starting to re-consider. I also think that Sean Richard's character is going to turn on SH one day.

Guest kelhipstah

ZOMG it's amazing to see the Athena thread active! I hope the ratings go up soon!

and i think SH is clearly in love with HI- remember HI's facial expression when he gave her that present that she placed in her safe? i think she had something for SH for a bit, but she assumed he was only nice to her because she was doing things for him and Athena, that's why she's never placed much hopes into it.

I don't know, maybe I deduced it wrongly :\

Thank you naddification and others for all the news and views again! :)

Ok, caveat is I haven't seen crazy SH yet, so up to the point I've watched in Ep 10

SH seems relatively benigh towards JH, my theory is that he's just frustrated/jealous of HI and is mostly having opportunistic sex with JH.

JH on the other hand I can't fgure out. Either she's deliberately doing this for information, I mean obviously NTS head is asking her to find out more about SH... and she's clearly still in love with JW, so that's a strong possibility.

Or else she was just so desperately lonely and SH happened to be there, so she too ended up having sex with him for that.

Either way, you can see why it isn't a romantic scene at all...

And okay, I think seeing SH later will change my mind, but right now, I'm really digging the scene when

SH touches JH's waist as he smiles at the laboratory lady- lab lady is hilarious, she got all flustered and giggling because SH smiled at her and even said "Ohhh... maybe he likes me? How embarassng! Smiling at me in public!" missing the whole point of him stopping BIG time!

;)

I think that touch, which carried some danger (in public) and yet was so smoothly done, and rather rattled JH was way sexier than the sex scene itself. :)

Guest TheExConvict

Hello! :D

I just watched "ATHENA" today, and i'm only on 2nd episode...lol

I just have a question!

When Jung woo and the girl went to "ITALY" that was just a dream ryt??

coz when they were kissing i was like "wtf?! isn't that too early? they don't even know each other yet!"

then he was woken up by the girl....

so that means that's just a dream? they didn't really went to "Italy"??

also, the girl is working in NIS, but she was also involved in the "bad guys" 3 years ago ryt?!!!

how could she?!!!!

don't tell me, she planned it all....liker her meeting with Jung Woo was planned in the first place?

or was it really coincidental?

Guest cutejanam

I am a total HI-JW and JH-SH shipper but I don't know why some of you don't think SH loves HI. If she's only some one that he cares as  whom he can take advantage of he would not have reaction like in episode 10 - throwing the laptop to the floor or closely watching her. I see jealousy clearly in his eyes. The test at the end of episode 10 will prove to him how JW is in her eyes now and not sure if they will part from now.

I think he cares for her and is possessive of her, and trusts her... in normal circumstances I wouldn't say it's love, but it's comfort... the interactions we have seen to me doesn't say romantic love, but caring... and that maybe the most someone like SH is capable of at the moment... because he seems to have alot of scars....

but since its a Kdrama, it has to be love and nothing else offcourse cause you have to have love triangles and love squares and love pentagons :D

Archived