LASIK? anyone?

Guest b_le_ive

Guest b_le_ive

have you gotten lasik eye surgery? share. ^ ^
soo for a while ive been wearing glasses, and their such a hassle to me. contacts.... ehh. i like them. but sometimes my eyes get irritated. and taking them out, putting them in, cleaning. hassle also. dad said that i should get lasik when i turn 18. and now im considering. just scared. cause they go in your eye and all. >.<

i was wondering if they can fix astigmatism? does it hurt? would you? would you not? why? price range?

please do share your experience. or just what you know. anythingg ^ ^

Guest Appolpai

Contacts were such a hassle, so I just stuck with glasses. It'd be nice if I didn't have to wear corrective lens of any kind anymore, though. I considered laser eye surgery, but anything with the word surgery in it scares the hell out of me. I mean, can't you go blind if the surgery goes awry?

But I would like to know anyone's experience if they had it. XD

Guest A Beautiful Struggle

My mommie's gotten it.

i think you should get it when you're 21.. cuz after years and years, your vision starts to blur. My mom complained about headaches and stuff too.. :unsure:

Mm... i BELIEVE mom got them for $1500 because my aunties were getting them and it was a discount, but i could be mistaken..

Guest b_le_ive

My mommie's gotten it.

i think you should get it when you're 21.. cuz after years and years, your vision starts to blur. My mom complained about headaches and stuff too.. :unsure:

Mm... i BELIEVE mom got them for $1500 because my aunties were getting them and it was a discount, but i could be mistaken..

yea i heard it was pretty darn expensive when it first came out. now i see adds for $500 per eye. but theres no telling if they are good doctors. i will deffinately do research.

Guest deportedkorean

my sister got it...have no idea where, or how much...but all i know is that she absolutely loves it.

Guest b_le_ive

my sister got it...have no idea where, or how much...but all i know is that she absolutely loves it.

how old is your sister?

Guest fluffpuff

i got mine done a couple of years back. i wouldn't recommend you to do it cos there will definately be side effects. it's just a matter of what extent. i didn't get particularly dry eyes after undergoing the procedure but my eyes have become a LOT more sensitive to strong sunlight. like it actually hurts my eyes if i walk outside on a very bright day. sometimes i even tear. and there are times when i'm watching tv or simply looking at something from afar and my eyes suddenly cloud up. i have to blick a couple of times before the cloudiness clears. my brother did lasik as well and while he didn't end up with eyes that are very sensitive to strong sunlight, he ended up with the eye cloudiness problem. my aunt did hers as well, she has the sensitivity thing like me, but not the occasional eye cloudiness. so it really depends on what side effect you do get. just realise that you will definately end up with some form of side effects if you do opt for the procedure. other common side effects include dry eyes, seeing haloes around objects and night glare whereby illuminated objects at night seem a lot brighter than usual which of cos hampers with your night driving. oh and don't forget that this procedure is a relatively new one and they don't actually have documented records of people who have undergone lasik for more than 20 years so you have zero information whatsoever on the long term side effects of having undergone lasik. hence, i wouldn't recommend anyone to undergo lasik UNLESS their myopia is really bad, like 600 degrees and above whereby maybe the pros and convenience of lasik outweigh the cons. if you are considering the procedure, do think about it really carefully. weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself if the procedure is for you. remember that it's not a reversible procedure and if you do decide to undergo lasik, please pick a really good surgeon. it's a surgery that needs a lot of skill and precision so pick an experienced doctor. you wouldn't want to risk anything going wrong with your eyes. as for your other questions: yes lasik can fix astigmatism. lasik doesn't really hurt. they use eyedrop anaesthetic so you won't feel much during the procedure. maybe light pressure and just a tiny bit of pain but definately bearable. pain isn't something i would associate with lasik in general. it's known to be a relatively painless procedure. unless you get an infection of cos which is the last thing you want to get after having done lasik (you can go blind permanently if you get an infection as a result of lasik, not that i want to scare you, you really have to be very careful and practice good hygience after lasik). oh and i paid about US$3000 for both eyes for my lasik.

Guest Seraphic_Gin

i wanted that as well..but my mom said that it's heard to find good doctors coz it's a laser surgery..esp. in the eye..

one wrong move could be as well blindness. i dont know. but i think i only have myself to blame for these defective eyes of mine. more patience on glasses and contacts, i guess..

but there's was this one surgery in THE SWAN, like last year i guess? it's a third smaller and lighter than a contact, and it's permanent...like they will be placing it and it stays there...

i dont know if it's okay now though. whatever is new is expensive.

Guest XxMissxJennxX

I was talking to my mom about this, and she was telling me how one of her coworkers tried eye surgery and now she sees double. o_o My mom was like...it's not 100% guaranteed to work so don't try it.

Ohhh but my cousin did this program where apparently you put something in your eyes before you go to sleep. She had to do it for about a month (I think) and now she doesn't need glasses!!

-___-; I'm thinking about getting those Rigid gas-permeable (RGP)

contacts that can give you sharp vision, are apparently comfortable to wear, and correct most vision problems!!!

Guest 5imply_5wt

i'm at -4.0 for both eyes.. i'm only 16 but i'm probably going to get lasik.. my aunt and cousin got them.. and they said that it's really good.. very expensive though..

Guest t1ff13 izZ m33h

my mom's friend got lasik. and it was liker really expensive. she got the lasik and got pregnant. after she had the baby..her eyes went back to where they were, like she never got lasik b4. so its like a waste of money for her. i think she got them done again.

Guest XxMissxJennxX

im probaly end up getting it. XPP

cause well righ tnow im at - 6 && - 5 andim only 14. -_-

Mine is -4.25 :vicx:

Guest tieulongnhi

i'm a -5.00 .. contacts, the other thread about correction contacts sounded really neat though.. but lasik, surgery, ehh.. frightens me.

Guest forgottenmemories

I've never done it before, but my mom's friend did it before. And she said she went blind faster than a normal person wearing contacts or glasses. Her vision got worst and worst. So I wouldn't do it if I were you. I rather stick with glasses & Contacts. Having a laser point at my eyes to correct my vision scares the heck out of me. And have you ever thought about you might actually go blind after the surgery?

Archived