Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamster428

The Twelve Kingdoms

Juuni Kokki - anime & novelsI checked the threads list, and the link was invalid... so~

series_twelvekingdoms.jpg~original

Juuni Kokki - wiki link
Juuni Kokki - Fanart
Plot:
The Twelve Kingdoms is a series of novels that focus on a world inspired by Chinese mythology, where twelve different kingdoms exist under the rule of an individual chosen by the Heavens. The series does not exclusively focus on one character, though the stories of Youko Nakajima, the protagonist of the first novel, and Taiki, the protagonist of the second book, are most prevalent in the series

Volumes: 12 (Ongoing) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=31121Published by: Tokyopop (up to Vol 4)Anime Episodes: 45

12-Kokuki-desktop-wallpaper.jpg~original
57d53d9810_97058063_o2.jpg~original
ef3193de3dfcce7588b30230dd303015.jpg~ori

Is there any soompi love for The Twelve Kingdoms? It's sorta like Fushigi Yuugi at first look, but omg, it's so much better. For one, Youko gets cooler by the minute as oppose to Miaka getting more annoying and strangle-worthy. But I guess it's not that popular. I hadn't even heard of it until there was a deal on amazon for the boxset >_< image

I marathoned the entire weekend to get to ep 39 (with 40-45 being another arc). They totally didn't tell us what the Kingdom of Tai's fate would be, so now I'm reading the books to get more of sweet Taiki.

I keep hearing good reviews about this one, but I honestly couldn't sit through the first few episodes. I've tried this anime twice, and I ended up dropping it after a few episodes. Story was pretty slow, characters were beyond annoying, and the art style kind of threw me off, though I didn't mind it as much.

I found it slow too, so I let the DVD plays while being distracted by something else at first :D

It picks up though, and the main girl gets much much better once her survival instinct kicks in. The story really gets going when she gets to the Kingdom of En. Although if you're not into political tactics and warfare strategies it might still be off pace. For me, I've always liked this type of stuff. And the fantasy factor keeps it interesting instead of having only the dry politics.

I thought the art style was old-school at first too, but it improved later on for the most part. Sometimes you can still see the old style, but not so much as to be distracting.

the book is great. I recommend it. It's a lot better than the anime. :D

the first three books have already been translated too :D

It's not harry potter expensive at all. They sell for like ten bucks or even cheaper if you buy used ones in amazon.

Yeah, I gotta agree with everyone. Its slow but an exceptional story. I really enjoyed how unique and different it was but sadly, if I'm correct, its a discontinued project T_T. I was really sad when I was nearing the last episodes of it because there was so much I wanted to know LOL.