Stephenie Meyer's ideal cast for TWILIGHT´s Vampires

Guest massive toene

Guest ANJEE<3

^QFT.

Yes, Edward should've been portrayed by GASPARD ULLIEL. So sexy.

This picture: says it all.

ooo yes yes!! he would have been a perfect edward!!

rob had to grow on me.. i honestly could not have pictured him as edward..

haha but now that 2 movies have been out and the third one coming... rob is definitely edward <3

emily is too... pretty and soft.. i can't see her as bella.

kristen has that awkwardness to her that imo works very well.

her image is very fitting for bella.. when i read what meyer described..

i kept refering back to the pictures of kristen and emily.. and from the description, i saw kristen.

the one character i had the most problem with was rosalie(and actually i still don't like the casting).. olivia wilde FTW!!

emmett, carlisle, esme, and jasper are all fine =)

and it doesn't even matter who they cast anymore, the cast is here to stay!

besides, the characters and the acting are all up for interpretation.. the actors themselves have repeatedly said that because the book is so popular... EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN DESCRIPTION OF EDWARD/BELLA/JACOB/ETC ETC... whether it be their mannerism, appearance, or demeanor you can't satisfy everyone. =\

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FLYt0Y0u

^ prechuz_azn, your right, the topic starter is wayy too biased. i really like stephenie's choices. but i always thought alexis bledel would be the perfect bella.

Guest babiikaiiz

For a target audience of (majority) tweens, Meyer's picks don't make sense. The casting director probably made her choices more on the marketability of the actors eventually picked rather than their acting abilities or if they actually 'fit' the role. Rachel Leigh Cook may have been right for the role of Alice in this sense - but 7 or 8 years ago. Definitely not for a film franchise now.

This seems quite sad, and I'm definitely not saying Meyer made better choices (some are a bit misguided I think) but c'mon Twilight is about money not art.

I'm not even a Twilight fan btw, film casting is SUCH an interesting exercise i think.

Henry Cavill is too good for this. She can keep RLC though, lol.

this made me lol!

Anyone is better than the current cast. I hate the series now.

And I'm sorry but most people are in love with Edward not Rob. If you take off your rainbow goggles you'll see he for what he is. An ugly indivdual who looks like he's on drugs. My god that facial hair! YUCK!

Alos I'm glad K Stewart is dating him, keeps him away from decent girls.

Guest PB&Banana

Some of Meyer's choice confused me.

I don't mind the cast it's just the trio, I'm supposed to be amazed by this love triangle because these two guys love this girl and I don't see anything in the character of bella swan that makes me think if I were a sparkly vampire I would give my left ball for her. Nope sorry don't see it fans bella is one of the most annoying heroine in a book series and Kristen doesn't help me like her any better in the movie. As a major book I would think edward and jacob would be better represented but their not I don't see anything dreamy about them.

gaspard-ulliel-photo-shoot-06.jpgrte-switch-editor.png

If he was edward I would suffer 2 hours of cliches and awkward acting and dialogue for this man.

Isn't this common knowledge by now? Especially for the fans. This has been discussed about a million times in the twilight book and movie thread...about 2 years ago.

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

Charlie Hunnam as CARLISLE!? That would've been..... really odd.

I love Charlie Hunnam but don't really like Twilight, so... I guess it worked out. haha.

but Peter Facinelli is majorly handsome, too. so it's okay. and he looks more like a vampire, aha.

Guest babigurl

i think both Henry Cavill and Rachael Lee Cook are great choices!

i really think Henry would be a hotter edward and Rachael would be a better alice!

Honestly, I imagine alice to be Rachael cuz of her look in [josie and the pussycats]

Guest oh`retro

Okay, so basically, Stephanie didn't get anything she wanted, LOL.

Oh, I like Emily Browning...I don't like Kristen at all, she can't act.

i agree with others that say that olivia wilde would've been the better choice...nikki reed is gorgeous but she looks much, MUCH better tanned (and the pale blonde look suits olivia so much better)

the rest of the supporting characters were casted well, especially alice and emmett. and i actually like kristen's look more than emily browning for bella. but i find emily browning quite plain looking (based on the pictures, i've never seen her act before so she could be a much better actress then kristen).

Guest crazii3me

i agree that gaspard ulliel would have been perfect for edward. i only read the first book of the series and when i heard they were making a movie i thought gaspard ulliel fits the description....but i mean the actors/actresses in the movie work, everytime i think of edward cullen i see rob and for the other characters.

Guest tofuni

To be honest, I don't think any cast could have saved this movie.......... >_>

Olivia Wilde would be sooo much better for the role than Nikki Reed. I thought Nikki looked really ugly in the movie, actually.... she doesn't look good that pale. Olivia is gorgeous.

The guy she picked to play Edward is definitely better looking, but Rob does look more like a vampire.

She didn't choose someone else for Jacob? I personally think that Taylor Lautner is ugly and most of my friends think this too. He doesn't look Native American either. Just because you paint him brown doesn't mean he will automatically transform lols. >_<

I don't know why the OP thought that the description of Bella was surprisingly detailed. It's pretty obvious that it's a description of how Stephenie Meyer sees (idealizes) herself lols.

Guest JJ no Baka

Bella and Rosalie should have been chosen according to Meyer's choice. I think the other girl would have made a better Rosalie.

Archived