Tanning for Asians!

Guest moonlitnight

Guest h0w_cute*

well what about her face? I also agree that that stuff works pretty good for gradual natural tans but I thought that was solely for the body....

they make one specifically for face

If you watch queenbeeuty on youtube she does talk about tanning and different methods, but shes not asian.. but i hope that vid at least gives you some choices~

I\m surprised that you would recommend her.Her video on tanning is insanely bogus. She has no idea what shes talking about. She goes on to say that tannings not bad for you and links a website that states that the government is against tanning because they dont want them to make money. She thinks that tanning is good for you and that its "like the sun" and keeps you healthy. FALSE. tanning is not like being in the sun. youre getting a concentrated amount of UV. Ive done research on tanning beds and skin cancer. broad is stupid. She believes the tanning industry that says every piece of research is a myth. Did you notice she dropped out of college?

I have the Jergen's one. It smells really bad. There's two versions of the lotion though. There's the regular one and the express lotion. I read somewhere that the express lotion doesn't smell as bad as the regular version. I heard that Maui Babe works well. From what I've seen, it doesn't give you that orange tan that most self-tanners give you.

I like the jergens foam one best =)

I hate Jergen's Natural Glow. It left me looking orange and streaky, even after I've exfoliated before and after. I mean, I'm a huge self-tanner junkie, but this just didn't do it for me. And... The smell! Horrible! Their face product is good, but if you have sensitive skin, I don't recommend it. If you're looking for a gradual tan, I suggest Hawaiian Tropic Daily Glow Moisturizer.

These are my top (from what I've tried):

Banana Boat's Sunless Tanning Creme in Deep Dark. (Side note: Don't ever hesitate to get the darker color - even if you're pale - because they usually work best.) Minimal streaking, no orange finish (!!!), gives an almost instantaneous tan (in less than three hours, I saw a difference), dries very fast. About $6 at drugstores.

St. Moriz Self-Tanner Foam. No streaking whatsoever, very easy to apply, dries extremely fast, no nasty scent. Gave me instant results. Con: Fades rather quickly, so you gotta keep applying it regularly (as in weekly). But it doesn't fade all blotchy and gross like many self-tanners do; it fades naturally and gradually. It's difficult to find, so your best bet is to search online. I found mine at TJ Maxx for $5.

Clarins Liquid Bronze. Great, great, greaaaat tan for your face! I can't say enough good things about this... Though it is a bit pricey. I bought mine for $32 at Saks.

Hope this helped. If you can't find I face tanner, what I would do is use bronzer to math my face to my neck and the rest of my body. It worked well for me (until I found Clarins, heh).

I havent had a problem with turning orange. Using tanning lotions with a greenish tint means youll get brown and not orange. and its true that jergens doesnt have the green tint =( . as for the streakiness, I had a problem at first, but after years of self tanning/... you get past that lol

ANYWAYS: First of all why is this thread: tanning for asians and not tanning for people with sensitive skin? lol

I used to use tanning beds but they just got annoying, and with the skin cancer thing and all. Ive also tried spray tans. I hate them, the process is uncomfortable and cold. It also left me with horrible streaks and i ended up scrubbing it off. Ive reverted back to self tanners. My favorite is sun labs self tanners. you can get them at ulta i believe for about 40. I dont use them on my hands and feet though, because itll streak. I use jergens on my hands and feet. process works well and leaves me tannnn =D. make sure you use a tanning mitt or wash your hands vigorously after tanning each section/

Guest chamoe

I use Dove Natural Glow now and I absolutely love it. It builds up a subtle glow after just a few days and gives you a leaner, tanner look. Jergens is okay too, I just buy Dove because they sell it at Costco and its cheaper for bigger bottles. If you have sensitive skin on your face like I do, I just use bronzer and buy a shade darker in foundation to match my neck and the rest of my body. As for the smell, any self tanner leaves a smell...so to get rid of it, I just put it on at night and then shower in the morning.

If you use a gradual self tanner, you probably won't have problems with streaking. Just put it on before you go to bed, wash your hands (you'll get orange in between your fingers) and sleep well. :) Give it 3-4 days and you'll get a nice color.

Guest h0w_cute*

^ ahhh i forgot to mention i love that stuff too =) it smells better than jergens. i also self tan at night, but after i shower. and if there happens to be streak (rarely) i can spot it in the morning and fix it

Guest meilove

wow we're opposites

i HATE tanning!!

haha let's trade skins

i tan like 2 shades darker just by standing in the sun or walking to and from my car into a building in 2 minutes =_=

Guest hwaiting

If you wanna be healthy, invest in spray tanning.

But if you want to tan in the sun, just keep on packing the suncreen everywhere every hour at the beach or something. Thats what I did. I became tanned and no visible damage. Lol

Archived