Tanning for Asians!

Guest moonlitnight

Guest moonlitnight

I'm kind of like your typical Asian in that I like to keep my skin pearly white and as blemish free as possible. But I really like the tanned look on some Asian (like Korean girls especially) because it looks really hot! So... can someone who tans tell me how to do it without damaging my skin or creating freckles? As a kid I developed quite a lot of freckles but had them removed when I was 18. Since then I have avoided direct sunlight exposure when outdoors. I avoid it so much I would feel so strange and uncomfortable in a tanning bed. My first impulse would be to get the heck out of there!

Perhaps someone could recommend tanning lotion or spray tan? I am curious as to how it will look

Thanks!

Guest iPhets

i wouldnt recommend spray tan, i find most of them really fake looking.

and tanning lotion..a little iffy about that because i have a friend who has really white skin (well i think its nice on her because it suits her) but she prefers to be tan so she's been using tanning oil and lotion and goes out tanning regularly, but she haven't got any darker lol...

whereas for me i went with that friend to the beach for half a day and now i've been orange ever since then (about 4 months ago..)

it depends on person really.

imo theres nothing wrong with white skin, and pale people can be sexy too =]

Guest index1618

oh you're one of those cute asians that i guess used to have freckles. personally, I love freckles on anyone, it looks really cute on lucy liu. If you have a problem getting freckles when you're out in the sun then I don't know. I've never gotten freckles before because I'm southeast asian (laotian and thai) and I tan just standing outside for ten minutes. Your family must be from an asian country more up north where people can actually get a sunburn. And I think you shouldn't try to tan, if you're fairer, it'll damage your skin faster and more dramatically. You don't want to look like a piece of beef jerky when you're older do you? I know it's for vanity, but remember about your health too, so personally I think it's great you're avoiding tanning beds or frying in the sun for hours and hours, that trend is soo terrible. And there's nothing wrong with a SLIGHT spray tan, it can look quite nice, just don't get so much that you look orange. My white friend has a great slight tan from sallybeauty's salon bronze airbrush tanning system and it's only like 13 bucks.

Guest loveutomorrow

Well, definitely not tanning salons~

I'm pretty tan, but that's because of my soccer, I've been doing it from 2nd grade to 7th (then I had to quit, because my mom said that it was ruining my body shape ><)

But I never got any skin damage/cancer, it’s still perfectly healthy now…

I say that you’re very lucky to be able to maintain a light skin shade~ Right now, I’m trying to get my skin a bit lighter…(using rice water xD etc.)

My mom and sister all have freckles, but I never had them before.

I don’t think you should use tanning lotion, most of the time it doesn’t work…Once, a classmate of mine went to PE, her legs were BRIGHT orange, she said that she tried to use tanning lotion ß this probably doesn’t happen to everyone though~

Yeah, I guess a slight spray tan would be okay too~

Guest PeachKisses.

Just try and do it the natural way, honestly freckles are unique and cute!

Use sunscreen lotion, spf 8? if you want a extreme tan.

Or, i always get tan, with sunscreen lotion spf 60. :|

goodluck!

Guest Jenn*

Jergen's Natural Glow lotion=amazing!

you can buy it at target, walgreens, and other drugstores. it looks really natural, smells pretty good, and it's gradual so you don't end up with streaks or un-natural color.

Guest index1618

you can buy it at target, walgreens, and other drugstores. it looks really natural, smells pretty good, and it's gradual so you don't end up with streaks or un-natural color.

well what about her face? I also agree that that stuff works pretty good for gradual natural tans but I thought that was solely for the body....

Guest yukinohana

.......koreans especially? okay......

jergen`s natural glow i guess.

dont they have a little bottle included for the face?

Guest index1618

iono that's why i asked lol

Guest lala-123

I've tried a lot of products (ie Jergens...etc) back when I wanted to be a little tanner. However I would just recommend natural sunlight exposure, which I know you said before you always avoid. But a little sunshine is good since its a great source for Vitamin D B)

Guest Veeneee

If you watch queenbeeuty on youtube she does talk about tanning and different methods, but shes not asian.. but i hope that vid at least gives you some choices~

Jergen's is good. It adds color subtly, so most people won't even notice. I don't know if you're supposed to use it on your face or not, but I do anyways. I don't bother buying facial lotions because body lotions on my face work perfectly fine. With Jergen's, I haven't had problems or broken out or anything, but that could just be because my super-normal skin never breaks out and I've only gotten one pimple before and that was cause some of the stuff in a science lab splashed onto my face.

Oh, here's their site: http://www.jergens.com/Our_Collection/index.asp

Apparently they have two versions of it, one that says "body lotion" and one that's a "daily moisturizer." I'm assuming the latter is for your face.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moonlitnight

um yes "koreans especially" you got a problem with that?

Guest danger

I have the Jergen's one. It smells really bad. There's two versions of the lotion though. There's the regular one and the express lotion. I read somewhere that the express lotion doesn't smell as bad as the regular version. I heard that Maui Babe works well. From what I've seen, it doesn't give you that orange tan that most self-tanners give you.

Guest _kucha

Johnson's Holiday Lotion. Other than the fact that it smells gorgeous after a couple uses your skin will become tanner. Slightly golden tan. You can get 2 different types, one dark and one light so yah~~ =)

Guest akira53

I just get tan from walking around in the sun. And I've never had freckles in my life. I don't know many asian people with freckles.

Guest tocki

same here. its all the suns doin when i get darker. once i was evn darker dan my friend. and shes half african. O_o

it suits few ppl. i think it looks awful on me, prob cuz latly ive bn too obsessed with ulzzang looks xD

Guest cm.ly

I hate Jergen's Natural Glow. It left me looking orange and streaky, even after I've exfoliated before and after. I mean, I'm a huge self-tanner junkie, but this just didn't do it for me. And... The smell! Horrible! Their face product is good, but if you have sensitive skin, I don't recommend it. If you're looking for a gradual tan, I suggest Hawaiian Tropic Daily Glow Moisturizer.

These are my top (from what I've tried):

Banana Boat's Sunless Tanning Creme in Deep Dark. (Side note: Don't ever hesitate to get the darker color - even if you're pale - because they usually work best.) Minimal streaking, no orange finish (!!!), gives an almost instantaneous tan (in less than three hours, I saw a difference), dries very fast. About $6 at drugstores.

St. Moriz Self-Tanner Foam. No streaking whatsoever, very easy to apply, dries extremely fast, no nasty scent. Gave me instant results. Con: Fades rather quickly, so you gotta keep applying it regularly (as in weekly). But it doesn't fade all blotchy and gross like many self-tanners do; it fades naturally and gradually. It's difficult to find, so your best bet is to search online. I found mine at TJ Maxx for $5.

Clarins Liquid Bronze. Great, great, greaaaat tan for your face! I can't say enough good things about this... Though it is a bit pricey. I bought mine for $32 at Saks.

Hope this helped. If you can't find I face tanner, what I would do is use bronzer to math my face to my neck and the rest of my body. It worked well for me (until I found Clarins, heh).

Archived