Summer Tech Thread.

Guest psquare6806

Guest psquare6806

Organization. :D
Err...I'm saving Soompi Space? :lol:

In Control Panel > Add Remove Programs, some of my programs don't show up. For example, I have AIM installed on my computer, but it doesn't show up on the list, but it USED to show up.

And I didn't uninstall it, AIM still works fine. Is this a bug or virus or spyware something like that? :blink:

0025jl1.jpg

Guest HT2791

I dont know how to solve that problem directly, but I'd instead use another uninstall manager.

For instance, I use TuneUp Utilities suite and it comes with an uninstall manager.

http://www.samsunsegman.com/um/

Perhaps this? Just googled it and it seems to have very good reviews.

I think what it is, is jsut a result of too much enthuastic cleaning. We go do ccleaner spybot and whatever else to optimize the computer and along the way we probably clean the registry as well. Deleting the wrong entry in the registry woudl remove it from the list.

I always destroy that after a few months. I currently only have access to about half the stuff I installed. It doesn't bother me because most programs just use a trivial amount of space and if I really want it gone, I can do what (seems like a lot of soomiers) a lot of soompiers do and delete the folder (if the uninstall.exe file isn't within the program folder). It really doesn't matter for a few programs but if you do that with a whole lot of programs then you might eventually run into slowdowns or conflicts.

Guest psquare6806

thanks. :) and uhh how come in tables, the text always goes in the center of the cell. it looks like this a lot...

untitled1oc.jpg

anyone know the code to make it go to the "top" of the cell? :sweatingbullets:

Archived