K-drama from 2008-2010 with not so girly/weak female lead?

Guest axilla

Guest axilla

With dramas like My Fair Lady (wealthy, fashionable, blah, blah) and You're Beautiful (even though she pretends to be a boy she herself is extremely girly with no backbone) I'm getting a little fed up. And it's pretty hard to determine how the lead girl will be with just a synopsis. So, I'd be happy for some help.

Dramas that I really liked and fit the specifications:

Shining Inheritance

Invincible Lee Pyung Kang

Gourmet

:o I don't know many obviously. I would be grateful for your help. Oh, and I don't really care what genre it is. xD

Queen Seon Deok (definitely a great feminist saeguk with Deokman & Mishil).

God of Study (with Pul Ip & Teacher Han).

IRIS (with Sun Hwa).

Hong Gil Dong (with Yi Nok)

Powerful Opponents (with Young Jin)

Spotlight (with Woo Jin)

Guest kazenai

Dal Ja's spring has a pretty strong female lead.

Dan Ah of Family's honor is frail but not weak or girly -she's an adult with a profession.

LOL, that's when you need to start watching the immoral/makjang ones!

That's what happened to me.

Guest alicechen

I think historical dramas have fierce and strong females, like mentioned above, Mishil, Deokman and even CheonMyung from Queen Seon Duk. Kim Sun Ah from "City Hall" and "Kim Sam Soon" is great too.

I agree with what you said about Mi Nyu from You're Beautiful. If you like, you can try Moon Geun Young from "Painter of the Wind" she also dressed up as a guy. And I really mean it when I say I love her boyish charms and that slightly masculine voice.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see the 2008-2010 requirement. :) but some that I mentioned are around the same time.

Guest axilla

Thanks everyone! :D

I should watch more historical dramas it seems! I think it's because my first was Jumong (which really bored me) and since then I haven't been able to get into them.

Funny thing that Kim Sam-Soon is so popular. I couldn't get into it. :o

But, I really loved Dal Ja's Spring.

I think I want dramas from 08-10 because it feels like I've seen most of "strong female" dramas before that. :unsure:

Guest janelleski

Queen Seon Duk - female overflowing power here! deokman & mishil :)

Shining Inhertance / Brilliant Legacy

unfortunately, i can't recommend more. i only watched 2 dramas last year :)

Guest shade449

Try The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry. It features 3 women in their early thirties who all sacrificed their love lives for their (successful) careers in their twenties. One of them is of the kickass, no apologies, make men beg and then kick them in the balls type; another is nationally regarded as one of the best at her job (translator) but is (hilariously) desperate for a good-looking, tall, wealthy, good-pedigree man who is the second son of the family. The main character is somewhere in the middle. She definitely wants to settle down with a man and is quite desperate to meet a nice guy but she's still very much focused on her career and won't let anything stop her.

Thanks everyone! :D

I should watch more historical dramas it seems! I think it's because my first was Jumong (which really bored me) and since then I haven't been able to get into them.

Jumong also made me bored especially in the middle. But trust me, you have to watch Queen Seon Deok. For me, there's none in QSD that can made me bored. Almost everything is perfect. You will be in the edge of your seat get impatience to watch next eps :P

Guest scarlet1013

I like the lead character ,Jung In, in the series of SMILE, YOU. She is totally a go-getter girl. And she speaks her mind and knows what she wants.

• 11 months later...
Guest megumi08

Queen Seon Deok (Strong determined- Deok Man)

Secret Garden (Gil Raim as a stuntwoman)

Cinderella sister (Ambitious Eun jo)

• 7 months later...

Archived