[Drama 2010] Kim Soo Ro aka The Iron King 김수로

Guest yeuhoca

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ltb263

the very first shooting pics were revealed. Though they didnt tell much about the storyline, they look all good after all. All the casts seems "fit" to their roles. I am attracted to Yoo Oh Sung's outfit and character. He is definitely a powerful and evil opponent that is reflected through his strong look. Gosh , how I love him

Who else thinks that Jisung oppa looked quite mischievous at his 18 =)). He said he is too old to pull out an 18 guy, but well , I guess he has beeing doing his job persuasively in the trailer. Cant wait for more

I pray hard for this drama to be interesting or at least decent. 4 days more to go.

Guest Kogiboy

can't wait for this.. :D

Looks like I'll be very busy this summer.

Worldcup, Dongyi, Kim ManDeok, KimSuro, Iris 2 (Athena) :lol:

Btw, how the production going to bring Indian princess Heo Hwangok's story into Gaya's Kim Suro.

In fact Kim Suro is founder of Gimhae Kim clan of Korea, most popular Kim clan in Korea.

The only story from the historical record shows, Indian princess have dream of young ruler Kim Suro and when she woke up she told her parent that she will marry this ruler from her dream and then she travels thousands of miles to reach the Korean bay where her dream husband was waiting for her.

Guest MisterX

They'll probably send her on an Ayodhya delegation to Gaya shores as daddy's little girl, then cue the gaze of doom (complete with "jee, why aren't there sistas looking like that around here" ballad) between the two, and Indo-Gayan diplomatic relationships suddenly improve through apartment wrestling.

MisterX thank you for responding to our cries to watch this drama. I can attest that as an E-speaker, we really need some help watching historical Kdramas in particular. I can watch modern dramas raw until subbed, but not historicals...lost in translation so I generally wait until the show is over.

I hope this one grabs your attention!

Guest Kogiboy

They'll probably send her on an Ayodhya delegation to Gaya shores as daddy's little girl, then cue the gaze of doom (complete with "jee, why aren't there sistas looking like that around here" ballad) between the two, and Indo-Gayan diplomatic relationships suddenly improve through apartment wrestling.

from what I have understood, kingdom/state don't usually sends princess/prince on diplomatic mission, the kingdom of Ayodhya was collapsed and erased from Indian history during when princess reached Gaya, suggesting diplomatic relation was already there and princess was a refugee seeking to find new home for herself and her followers.

This explains why Gaya kingdom have such a prestige metal art works and very advanced iron weapon/body armour.

Btw, there's even place name called Gaya in India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaya,_India

Here is link that show photos of King Kim Suro and his queen Heo.

http://news.e-cluster.net/main/php/search_view.php?idx=869

Guest MisterX

uhh... That was sarcasm (which I guess doesn't work on them interwebs). You don't really expect this to follow history, do you? The Samguk Yusa is hardly an historical "record" to begin with (so the entire dream and connection with the future Garak/Geumgwan Gaya needs to be reinterpreted just like every other founding legend), but really.... an MBC sageuk giving half an ounce of lab mice's behind about history? From 2002 onwards, Shin Don is your sole exception confirming the rule. They'll do the usual machismo founding routine, add some non-sequitur battles, spice it up with romance and begin cruise control when ratings are satisfactory. The writer is not affiliated with the Choi Wan-Gyu mafia so there's still hope, but let's not fool ourselves. Doing Gaya research on your own is obviously worth it (although Wikipedia or anything in English won't get you far), but it won't help you follow the show more than any basic synopsis will.

And I don't know where you read that "princes/princesses weren't sent to diplomatic missions." There were whole envoy delegations based around representatives like princes and princesses. Hell, just look at Goryeo during Mongol rule or Joseon, and that's just scratching the surface.

Guest yeezer

Wow haven't seen Ji Sung in a sageuk before. This will be interesting. Whatever storyline I read didn't really grab me but will watch it because of Ji Sung. :D

Guest yeuhoca

I see another thread for this. I have a request: can you merge them so that we have one thread to visit/post for the drama? Thanks again.

Sorry....I dont know....

have one another ???

I dont see it?, please show me ?

Guest mLm4ever

Wanted to see this from the beginning when the news got out about it... But wow!

Haha... the pictures make me really wanna see it now!

Love Jisung! So can't wait to see it!

Hopefully someone will sub this =)

Guest Kogiboy

uhh... That was sarcasm (which I guess doesn't work on them interwebs). You don't really expect this to follow history, do you? The Samguk Yusa is hardly an historical "record" to begin with (so the entire dream and connection with the future Garak/Geumgwan Gaya needs to be reinterpreted just like every other founding legend), but really.... an MBC sageuk giving half an ounce of lab mice's behind about history? From 2002 onwards, Shin Don is your sole exception confirming the rule. They'll do the usual machismo founding routine, add some non-sequitur battles, spice it up with romance and begin cruise control when ratings are satisfactory. The writer is not affiliated with the Choi Wan-Gyu mafia so there's still hope, but let's not fool ourselves. Doing Gaya research on your own is obviously worth it (although Wikipedia or anything in English won't get you far), but it won't help you follow the show more than any basic synopsis will.

And I don't know where you read that "princes/princesses weren't sent to diplomatic missions." There were whole envoy delegations based around representatives like princes and princesses. Hell, just look at Goryeo during Mongol rule or Joseon, and that's just scratching the surface.

Samguk Yusa & Samguk Sagi is only surviving historical records bases to study Gaya Kingdom, I'm still surprised about how you painted Samguk Yusa as nonhistorical record. Are you going to suggest Nihon soki and various Chinese written records as non-historical too? They all contains founding legends.

I did my own research btw. States/kingdoms don't send prince/princess for diplomatic mission, they exchange state marriage after establishing "ally" status and to show royalty to each states they usually follow royal marriage, from what I've understood. Indian princess way made to ancient Korean kingdom after her kingdom was destroyed, so she was refugee.

Btw, Are you Korean?

Archived