[Drama 2010] Kim Soo Ro aka The Iron King 김수로

Guest yeuhoca

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest run_lola_run

I had no idea Seo Ji-Hye was casted in this! What a pleasant surprise!!! I guess she dropped out of that golf drama to be in this drama. Great choice!

This was already on my to-watch-list, but now it is ranked higher because of SJH...hehe.

Guest yeuhoca

Ji Sung in MBC’s Kim Suro

3L0.9297392_5828_1.jpg

Ji Sung (Swallow the Sun) is taking the titular role in MBC’s upcoming drama Kim Suro, as pictured in these newly released stills. He has acted mostly in contemporary dramas such as New Heart and All In, but jumps back two millennia to play the first king of the Kaya nation, who reigned in the 1st century A.D.

In addition to Ji Sung and his co-star Yoo Oh-sung, the drama has added actress Seo Ji-hye (I Love You) and Go Joo-won (OB-GYN) to its cast.

Go Joo-won plays Kim Suro’s rival as his half-brother by a different father; their mother is played by Bae Jong-ok. Seo Ji-hye will play Kaya’s first queen, Heo Hwang-ok; according to Suro’s legend, she was a princess who traveled to Kaya from a far-off kingdom Ayodhya (located in current-day India). Her parents had been told in a dream that a man named Suro was sent by Heaven to found the Kaya state, and were instructed to send their daughter to be the new king’s spouse. Once she had arrived via ship and met Suro, he confirmed that he had also foreseen that his wife would be sent to him.

The drama will air on weekends beginning in late May.

crit:http://www.dramabeans.com

Guest yeuhoca

Actor Ko Joo-won cast in upcoming series "Kim Su-ro"

2010041910424164950_1.jpg

Korean actor Ko Joo-won has been tapped to star in upcoming MBC weekend series "Kim Su-ro," according to Ko's agency Open-World Entertainment on Monday.

Open-World announced through a press release that Ko will be playing the role of King Ijinashi, the first king of state Daegaya, a major chiefdom of the Gaya confederacy during the Korean Three Kingdoms period.

Ijinashi was in constant battle against King Su-ro, the founder and ruler of the state of Geumgwan Gaya in the 5th century, to be played by actor Ji-sung.

"Ko's clean-cut image fits the role of Ijinashi very well," officials with the drama said. "He is also an actor who can act with his eyes so he will be able to portray his jealousy toward King Su-ro through his eyes perfectly."

"I am excited about playing Ijinashi and hopefully, I will relay the inferiority complex he feels towards Kim Su-ro well enough that the audience will be able to sympathize with it," explained Ko.

The traditional epic series, a 20 billion won blockbuster also starring noted actors Yoo Oh-sung and Bae Jong-ok, is set to air in late May after "The Man Called God" finishes its run.

Ko Joo-won, whose real name is Ko Young-chul, made his debut in the SBS drama "Punch." He became a familiar face on the small screen with his roles in "The Infamous Chill Sisters," "My Lady" and recently in "OB & GY."

Reporter : Yun Tae-hui th20022@

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest yeuhoca

Historical drama Kim Suro goes 3D

kimsuro11.jpg

Er, what now? Apparently MBC’s Kim Suro, the sageuk drama based on the founding myth of the Kaya nation, is going 3D, a first for a Korean television series.

According to producers, next month the drama will unveil its 3D portions (titles and making-of videos) after production has been completed. A sprawling battle scene that includes dozens of characters will unfold, literally, before our eyes. Ten minutes of the making-of video have already been filmed, and instead of converting that picture to 3D, it was actually shot from the get-go by 3D cameras.

There have been a few projects (on a smaller scale) that have used 3D video, such as the music video for Jo Sung-mo’s song “Days of Receiving Love,” which was the theme song to Sayonara Itsuka. The documentary Tears of Africa (which follows the hit Tears of the Amazon) is also being produced in 3D. The filming equipment used is the same used in Avatar.

Kim Suro stars Yoo Oh-sung, Bae Jong-ok, and Ji Sung. The first batch of 3D video previews will be released in mid- to late May.

Via TV Report

http://www.dramabeans.com/

Guest gauri92

i quite like the choice of the leading lady....

many ppl have said that she would need to be somewhat dark....but that would not have been correct since the princess was from northern India, where many people are fair...and very fair!!! there hasn't been much historical info about her appearance.....so i really doubt it even makes too much of a difference....

on a very random note....i wonder how she will b dressed initially...will htey make hre wear the traditional lehenga-cholis and bangles??? ooh....id love to see that!!!

Guest blackjackVip

I think Hwang Bo fits the "indian girl" princess very well :D

hehe...it's just her feature looks more natural and reasonable to play the princess, coz the girl they casted looks too korean to be indian, if that makes sense. LOL

anyways, i don't usually like watching korean historical dramas, but i think i would be watching this...i like the 3D concept!...the fight battles would be really AWESOME and realistic to watch!!! i haven't watch avatar so i don't know how it's compared with this when shot in 3D, but i'm already looking forward to see this!

I just hope they would pick a more indian looking actress....lol sorry, i think Hwangbo is the best candidate for it.

although, i don't think she acts coz she's a singer right?? i've olnly seen her from "we got married" << love their couple btw. :P

Guest Hanjae

I just hope they would pick a more indian looking actress....lol sorry, i think Hwangbo is the best candidate for it.

although, i don't think she acts coz she's a singer right?? i've olnly seen her from "we got married" << love their couple btw. :P

Seo Ji Hye has already been picked as lead actress, and it looks unlikely to change at this stage! They're weeks away from broadcast on May 29th.

And yeah, Hwang Bo's only a singer, not an actress, so it would've been a big risk for the producers to pick someone that only fit the physical description but has zero acting experience. As gauri92 said, I don't think it's that big a deal that Seo Ji Hye is fair; many Indian girls are actually quite fair! It's just a stereotype that they all have to be dark-skinned.

Anyway, more casting news!

Kang Byul's been casted as Ah Hyo, Kim Soo Ro's first love.

29264ac.jpg

http://news.joins.com/article/839/4140839.html?ctg=15

Guest gauri92

ooh..i wonder what part his first love really plays in the story.....iv not read about his earlier life anywhere!!!

Guest yeuhoca

Cast additions to Kim Suro

CS0.10330030_5828_1.jpg

Lee Pil-mo (The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry) is joining 3D historical series Kim Suro in his first villains role, playing an ambitious man who spends his life determined to cultivate ironworking technology. Lee sheds his warm, jokester image of previous roles, like last years Sons of Sol Pharmacy, which is the role that brought him to mainstream popularity.

Lee said about his character, Hes not seeking ironworking technology just to achieve societal success, but because his character cant help being obsessed with succeeding. The character never knew his birth parents, and was raised by a healer. He realized early on in life that the best way for him to succeed in the world would be to cultivate ironworking skills, but was prevented from learning because of his low birth. He grows up alongside Kim Suro (Ji Sung), who later becomes king, and they spend their childhood like brothers. However, he later sides with Suros rival (played by Yoo Oh-sung).

I think this could be a good turn for him, because while I do like Lee Pil-mo, I can understand why some people find his constant joking around to be tiresome. Hes actually quite good at dramatic acting, and I think hed relish playing the bad guy.

Meanwhile, the casting of newcomer Kang Byul (Creating Destiny) had been previously announced. Im including her in this post because the above still has been released, which shows her in character as Ah-hyo, Suros first love. He later goes on to marry Seo Ji-hyes character, a princess from a faraway land.

Kim Suro will air after A Man Called God later this month

crit: http://www.dramabeans.com

Guest venustiara

Out of curiosity, will anyone be subbing the drama?

I hope WithS2 will be subbing this drama since they are the best in historical drama especially Mrs. Korea... Her English language is very clear and high standard.

Archived