[Sitcom 2010] More Charming By the Day / Cutie Pie 볼수록 애교만점

Guest C51236

Guest C51236

[MBC] SongOkSook,KimSungSoo,YeJiWon,ChoiYeoJin,LeeKyuHan,LeeSunHo

More Charming By the Day

볼수록 애교만점

morecharming.gif

Also known as: Cuter by the Day / Cutie Pie (MBC Global Media translation)

Broadcast period: 2010-Mar-22 ~ TBA (replaced Highkick Through the Roof)

Air time: Monday to Fridays (7:45 Korean time)

Episodes: 120

Directors: Sa Hwa Kyung 사화경, Im Jung Ah 임정아, Kang Young Sun 강영선

Screenwriters: Choi Jin Won 최진원, Yang Hee Seung 양희승 , Kim Yoon Hee김윤희, Yang Seo Yun

Official site: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/bollae/

[Cast | Previews | VOD | Photos | News | Board]

Other links: MBC Global Media [English | Korean]

Daum | nate | Dramawiki

Cast: Song Ok Sook, Im Ha Ryong, Kim Sung Soo, Ye Ji Won, Choi Yeo Jin, Lee Kyu Han, Lee Sun Ho, Ba Ni, Kim Young Kwang, Jung Joo Ri, Lee Young Yoo, Jin Seo Yun, Ha Yoon

Concept

charmconcept.jpg

Synopsis

There's a flying woman above a running man!

There is a fervent mother who raised her three daughters on her own after her husband left her.

One day, the divorced man who moved in at the top floor of her building with his son decides to marry her eldest daughter. This is when her family's peace was shattered, but on top of all this, her husband who had walked out on her suddenly returns!

source MBC Global Media

Alternative synopsis credits yeohweping

Official posters

charm3s.th.jpg charm2.th.jpg charm1d.th.jpg mbcbolsurokegyo.th.jpg

Character Descriptions

29971486.jpgSong Ok Sook (55)

Her husband walked out on his family when his business went bankrupt. After he left, she spent 15 years running a hair salon and raising her three daughters alone. Ji-won, her eldest daughter, lived up to Ok-suk's expectations and became a doctor. Ok-suk thinks the world of her. But Ji-won becomes a widow not long after getting married and Ok-suk is worried sick about this. She has had no one to look after her while raising her daughters and has developed a quick and fast temper. She often cuts people off while talking and can even eat her meals standing up. Her best friend these days is her granddaughter. They get a kick out of badmouthing their neighbors.

56186308.jpgIm Ha Ryong (60)

After an unexpected bankruptcy, he leaves his wife Ok-suk and his three daughters for 15 years. He has the nerve to suddenly decide to come back, saying that he missed them.

He is immature and irresponsible, and is full of talk. He likes to bluff and when it seems that people aren't buying it, slyly changes his story. He likes to cover himself with, "I didn't mean it that way?" and tries to take advantage of any situation. He is the type who wriggles out of hard work, but still gets what he wants.

85370126.jpgIm Ji Won (34 / actress Ye Ji Won)

She is a doctor in charge of the obesity clinic below her house. Her husband died not long after her first marriage. She has a young daughter who is in elementary school. She is a good student, logical, and meticulous, but she lacks people skills and is a mama's girl. Ji-won does a 180 and breaks out of her shell after meeting Seong-soo, who is fun-loving and masculine. Until now, she has only gone to the academy her mother picked out, associated with friends that her mother liked, went to the college her mother preferred, and even married the man her mother selected. She goes against her mother's will for the first time after falling in love with Seong-soo, a stuntman. "Mom, I am going to marry this man!"

35176912.jpgIm Yeo Jin (26 / actress Choi Yeo Jin)

Ok-suk gave birth to Yeo-jin after drinking herbal tonics that were supposed to help her have a baby boy. This may explain why she is such a tomboy. She had a tough childhood, growing up between an older sister who was a stellar student, and a younger sister who was sly. But she is pretty laid-back and has no hard feelings despite her mother's differential treatment. She was a professional tennis player for a while but had to quit after an injury. Afterwards, she gave up going to college and is working as a nurse's aide at her sister's hospital. She has a crush on Yeong-gwang, her younger sister's friend but would rather die than to tell him about her feelings. She acts even more wildly in front of him. She already has a tough life, but she meets a man of her past that she had never wanted to see again at the hospital. Life just got more

93696046.jpgIm Ba Ni (22)

A typical 20-something girl who is self-centered and likes money. She studies photography. She has to have everything go her way and treats her best friend Yeong-gwang like a slave. She isn't good at anything but hates to lose anyway.

26997020.jpgHan Yu Na (11 / actress Lee Young Yoo)

Ji-won's daughter. She refuses to wear thermals when she goes outside because they're not fashionable and loves to dress up like a princess. But she dresses like a lazy bum at home.

70449072.jpgKim Sung Soo (36)

A single father who lives at a studio room at the top of a building with his young son. He used to be a famous stuntman, with his rugged good looks and fast reflexes. But he starts to lose his status as he ages and becomes weaker. He knows the younger stuntmen are better than him. Nevertheless, he always keeps his chin up! He never worries about anything. He has swept Ji-won off her feet with his well-built body and simpleminded spirit, and the two are secretly seeing each other. They try to keep it a secret until they can get Ok-suk to like Seong-soo, but they get caught by a stupid mistake. Ok-suk is dead against their relationship! Seong-soo is willing to do anything to change her mind! Who will be the last person standing?

56874608.jpgKim Joon (11)

Seong-soo's son. He is only 11 years old but he takes after his father's rugged good looks, is a good student, and is a born leader. He is very popular amongst the girls in his class.

41634210.jpgLee Kyu Han (30)

Ba-ni's advisor and a well renowned photographer. He is well-known in the U.S. as Gary Lee. He doesn't care if you are older or younger than him ? he will speak his mind. His students call him Satan and Ba-ni calls him Mr. Trash. He is obsessive compulsive and mysophobic and cannot stand messy environments. He always carries around his own spoon and chopsticks, and will not touch someone else's food. He is scared to drive after a serious accident and has Ba-ni drive him around. He uses Ba-ni as his graduate assistant but is constantly unhappy with the work she does. But Ba-ni is not the type to let people walk over her and the two of them fight every single day. One day, he suddenly can't get her out of his mind? Then he finds out that his brother, Yeong-gwang, has feelings for Ba-ni...

88196470.jpgLee Young Kwang (22 / actor Kim Young Kwang)

Ba-ni's best friend and Gyu-han's younger brother. He is a college student, majoring in computer science. He cares excessively about his body and his possessions. He is an early-adapter and loves buying new electronic products and is also quite fashionable. Thanks to his sense of fashion, girls flock around him. One might say that he just has a lot of pass around, or that he is a player. He is not on good terms with his irritable older brother, Gyu-han, who studied in the U.S. But Gyu-han suddenly announces that he wants to move in after coming back to Korea. So Yeong-gwang begins to live with his mysophobic brother as his roommate. Talk about hell on earth! He has been best friends with Ba-ni ever since they were little. But one day, he realizes that his brother may have feelings for her. How dare he ' she's mine!

88806450.jpgLee Sun Ho (30)

He is a doctor working at Ji-won's obesity clinic. He is from a well-to-do family, is good-looking, tall, gentle, and honest. He is popular amongst women and the elderly alike. But he suffers from a "good boy" complex. He cares a great deal about what other people think about him. He always wants to be the good guy. He pushes himself to the extreme to maintain his perfect façade. At the hospital, he meets Yeo-jin who gave him a hard time when he used to be fat and begins to plan revenge.

90296930.jpgHa Yoon (27)

A nurse at Tantan Clinic. Unlike her demure looking appearance, she is slow to understand situations. She always says, "No problem" but always does too little or too much than is needed. She's from a poor family and has very strong survival instincts. She has a great body and a pretty face, but guys just aren't attracted to her for some reason.

credits MBC Global Media

Episode Summaries / Recaps

01:

02:

Previews

credits semifly

Episode Ratings

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/More_Charming_by...pisodes_Ratings

credits: TNS Media & DramaWiki

Downloads

Raw: AM-ADDICTION | tekin's blog

Chinese subbed:

Watch online

Raw: Dramastyle | JoonMedia

English subbed: Viikii

Both Raw & Eng sub: DramaSub

Photos

[2010-Mar-17] 'More Charming' Press Conference

[2010-Mar-17] More 'More Charming' Press Conference Pictures credits dramaluv3r101

News

[2010-Mar-12] Actress Choi Yeo Jin Sports Radical Change for Upcoming Sitcom

[2010-Mar-12] 'More Charming By the Day' Child Actors Lee Young Yoo & Chae Sang Woo

[2010-Mar-16] Highkick Successor Releases Posters

[2010-Mar-17] New MBC Sitcom 'More Charming..' Press Conference

[2010-Mar-21] f(x) featured in 100% Charming the More I Look OST [updated with track] credits allkpop

[2010-Mar-23] 'More Charming' ratings higher than 'Highkick' -12.8%

.:: ALL FORUM RULES APPLY! ::.

for the list of KDrama forum rules click here & for general forum rules here

NO QUOTING PICS & HOTLINKING!!!

DO NOT QUOTE LONG POSTS!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C51236

Upcoming Sitcom 'More Charming By the Day' Posters Are Parodies?

charmingparody.jpg

side by side comparison of two of the posters of 'More Charming By the Day' and ones from [2009 MBC drama] 'Friend, Our Legend' (starring Hyun Bin, Kim Min Joon, Seo Do Young)

Four of the posters for 'More Charming'... (centered around Friend, Our Legend and 70s-80s? school setting?)

friendcharmpardoy.jpg

I love how the official posters are parodies of Friend, Our Legend! :)

http://news.nate.com/view/20100316n06237

http://news.nate.com/view/20100316n05700

Guest C51236

'More Charming' Press Conference

press conference was held today on 2010-Mar-17

castcharming.jpg

cast2charm.jpg

imharyong.jpg

kimsungsoo1.jpg

yejiwon1.jpg

choiyeojin2.jpg

leegyuhan1.jpg

leekyun2.jpg

leesunho.jpg

kimbani1.jpg

lhy201003172046510.jpg

choiyeojin1.jpg

cast3.jpg

credits nate and various sources...

More 'More Charming' Press Conference Pictures

Im Ha Ryong

imhayres.th.jpg ih243eryan.th.jpg

Kim Sung Soo

kimsfudn.th.jpg euopresdegs.th.jpg

Choi Yeo Jin

choiesdys.th.jpg eksods.th.jpg

Lee Kyu Han

leekyudngs.th.jpg lkh2.th.jpg

Kim Ba Ni (Bonnie)

boonnie.th.jpg banies.th.jpg bonnie3.th.jpg epdlfmabonies.th.jpg

Kim Young Kwang

kimyoungdes.th.jpg kygkeawa.th.jpg

asdfghkl.jpg

Plz do not hotlink/quote images!

----

does anybody know what the drama sitcom is about? -edit: thanks yeohweping for the brief synopsis!!

Guest yeohweping

Brief Synopsis

Song Ok Sook is the head of the family with 5 girls (Herself, 3 daughters and grand-daughter). One day, she finds her family thrown into chaos when her husband, Im Ha Ryong suddenly came back again after leaving the family for 15 years.

Im Ji Won is the eldest sibling among the three girls and is the owner of a diet and beauty center. She is a single mother who is currently raising her daughter, Han Yu Na on her own. One day, she meets up with Kim Seung Soo, a single father who is raising his son, Kim Jun on his own as well. Sparks fly as the both single parents can't see each other eye to eye at first.

Im Yeo Jin is the tough tomboy second daughter who has behaves more like a son to Ok Sook rather than a daughter. She gets stuck with Lee Sun Ho, the popular doctor at the diet center owned by her sister.

Im Bani is the youngest daughter who is currently a college student. She often acts without thinking, is irresponsible and often get into trouble which her family has to bail her out of. She gets into a love triangle with the Lee brothers, Lee Gyu Han and Lee Young Gwang.

I like the casting and always enjoy seeing Choi Ye Jin in anything that features her, but let's hope that this is last drama where an attractive actress shears her locks in such an absurd way. <_< I don't think that there is a single straight guy in this world that thinks this is an improvement. :huh: I guess many of us will end up turning our collective gazes in a direction similar to that of fellow castmember Kim Ba Ni (Bonnie)'s in the picture above. At least we can always be certain never to suffer a let-down regarding that area of Ye Jin's person... ;)

Guest kazenai

We are looking for Translators for this series on Viikii.

Please help us out if you can!

Join the C H A R M I N G team

Guest cancerb

Haha our Baek Geum Ja and Han se from smile,U... i think im gonna check this one, not sure whether i will follow it till the end though (since its has 100+ ep)..

And the poster is so random, it got nothing to do with the drama theme... If anyone see that they will think that its about a highschool life, but its actually not..LOL...

Guest C51236

f(x) featured in 100% Charming the More I Look OST [updated with track]

Closely following their track Thrill Love for the drama Hungry Romeo, Luxury Juliet, girl group f(x) will sing the title song I Love You, I Love You for the OST of MBC’s new sitcom 100% Charming the More I Look.

This new sitcom will replace MBC’s sitcom High Kick Through the Roof; its first episode will air on March 22nd. The sitcom’s new title song I Love You, I Love You will feature the voices of f(x) members Victoria, Krystal, Amber, Sulli and Luna. It is a song that well incorporates the energetic voices of an idol group, along with pianist Choi Tae Wan’s water flowing like playing and guitarist Hong Jun Ho’s country rock style playing cross-over in the background, that creates a distinct charismatic sound.

Also the f(x) members’ voices have not been electronically altered, so we’ll get to take a break from the autotune that seems to be so popular as of late.

I Love You, I Love You [More Charming By the Day OST: Part 1]

Source: Allkpop

Guest kazenai

It seems very entertaining but it also seems that the small plots are not evenly divide. KSS's storyline overtakes the entire episode (thus far) compared to the diff scenes High Kick genre offers.

I hope they show us more of the other couples, especially the tomboy chick -she seems fun and funny!

Archived