[Sitcom 2010] More Charming By the Day / Cutie Pie 볼수록 애교만점

Guest C51236

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweetqeen

I don't think MBC or MBC America has any intention of releasing this show with subtitles (or else they would have done so well before now - the finale is forthcoming). There are some partial subtitles available but only the clips with Doo Joon and/or Krystal which doesn't really amount to much.

thanks for your reply

From this episode it seems that Soojung's anger towards the doctor has finally let through. I can't say it's really anger, but more of betrayal of some sort.

From the very limited korean that I know, I think when Krystal hits the doctor with the baseball, and doojoon stops him from chasing after soojung, Doojoon says "Don't do that (as in don't go after her)" and the doctor tells him that if he likes soojung, then he should persuade her to go study (something about university?). i think in reply, doojoon says something (I don't know what he actually says), and then he says "Would you take/accept soojung's like for you?" and the doctor is quiet.

For some reason, I feel that he's holding back. Like when soojung was singing with/to him, he felt a bit unsure and sad? Why would he marry Juri, when he doesn't even show any sort of genuine affection of like or love towards her?

Maybe it's because he feels guilty, but I think a part of him wants to like Soojung, but because of that age difference, he can't. Thus, he settles for Juri, who likes him a lot. You see, in episode 119, when soojung gives the doctor a cellphone charm, he actually uses it, and even Juri gets jealous. Especially that last scene when Juri is cleaning up his office desk, she finds Soojung's ripped cellphone charm that was taped back together. She definitely senses that Soojung has a special place in his heart.

Maybe I'm over analyzing here Lol. But that's how I interpreted soojung and sunho's relationship.

Since there's only, what, 7 episodes left, I guess their relationship can't go on any further. At least doojoon was there to comfort her. It's really adorable. He cares so much for her, and although he seems oblivious a lot of the times, he understand's Soojung and her feelings for sunho. Maybe it's because of his experiences from unrequited love, but either way, I hope they at least have a REAL date in the coming episodes. Hopefully, they'll be a couple by the end.

Guest serendipityyy

From the very limited korean that I know, I think when Krystal hits the doctor with the baseball, and doojoon stops him from chasing after soojung, Doojoon says "Don't do that (as in don't go after her)" and the doctor tells him that if he likes soojung, then he should persuade her to go study (something about university?). i think in reply, doojoon says something (I don't know what he actually says), and then he says "Would you take/accept soojung's like for you?" and the doctor is quiet.

your idea of the dialogue in this scene was pretty spot on..

but for the sake of details i wrote a quick translation :)

SH: "if you really cared for her you should stop interfering with her studying. for you, you could just go to any technical college but its different for her"

DJ: "actually, YOU'RE the one who is interfering in her studies! are you going to accept SJ's affection for you? don't act like you care about her and make her confused. that's whats interfering the most and giving her the hardest time"

i agree with what your saying about how the doctor feels for SJ though...

he obviously cares about her more than just a mere student. there's something there but too many factors that make this situation taboo. plus, its not as if he has completely zero feelings for juri.. so i guess logically it would make sense to be with juri..

and i want DJ and SJ to be together too but with 7 episodes left.. (is that true? i dont really know how many are left haha) it will seem a little unrealistic to have SJ suddenly transition from liking the doctor so much to showing feelings for DJ.

but then again, its a korean drama haha :) and if they showed a certain growth in the relatinoship between DJ and SJ or at least showed a bit of reciprocation on SJ's part, i think i could really appreciate the end to their storyline :)

your idea of the dialogue in this scene was pretty spot on..

but for the sake of details i wrote a quick translation :)

SH: "if you really cared for her you should stop interfering with her studying. for you, you could just go to any technical college but its different for her"

DJ: "actually, YOU'RE the one who is interfering in her studies! are you going to accept SJ's affection for you? don't act like you care about her and make her confused. that's whats interfering the most and giving her the hardest time"

i agree with what your saying about how the doctor feels for SJ though...

he obviously cares about her more than just a mere student. there's something there but too many factors that make this situation taboo. plus, its not as if he has completely zero feelings for juri.. so i guess logically it would make sense to be with juri..

and i want DJ and SJ to be together too but with 7 episodes left.. (is that true? i dont really know how many are left haha) it will seem a little unrealistic to have SJ suddenly transition from liking the doctor so much to showing feelings for DJ.

but then again, its a korean drama haha :) and if they showed a certain growth in the relatinoship between DJ and SJ or at least showed a bit of reciprocation on SJ's part, i think i could really appreciate the end to their storyline :)

hey, thanks for the translations! I have to say, because this drama isn't really being subbed, I have to rely on my own knowledge of the language (which isn't that great, because I can only pick up so much from watching a few dramas here and there.)

I do think that Doojoon deserves Soojung, I do think that Soojung deserves someone who doesn't push away her feelings. At least with Soojung, she isn't leading Doojoon on, which I think Sunho did much of. If the doctor really doesn't have any feelings for her, he should stop being so darn nice to her or doing things that only lovers would do. For instance, in episode 101, Sunho goes out of his way to find Soojung in a village, and posts up dozens of messages on a tree to tell her that the word 'arrast' is actually 'arrest'.

It could be that he feels that it is his duty as a tutor to right his wrong, but lol, no tutors I know would take so much of their time to do that. Especially, when this guy is a doctor.

Seriously, when you do little things that, it means you care about that person more than just a friend.

And it may just be me, but when Soojung was singing with him, it appeared that he felt something for her, but was scared to show it in front of everyone (since she is his student). Something in his eyes throughout the episode, and throughout the episode after, tell me that he's marrying Juri just for the sake of marrying her. Does he really just want Soojung to go to college? That's just the exterior reason. It's just his excuse to have Soojung stay near him.

We saw that in episode 132, that she even congratulates Juri and Sunho on their engagement. She straight up says, congrats. Even though it's insincere, she says it anyways. And Sunho knows that. He knows that Soojung is going to be upset about it and not want to be around him anymore (as we witnessed in episode 133). He wants the best of both worlds but can't have it. A little greedy on his part.

He wants her approval, but if she's just his student, why should he even care?

Sorry for the rant lol.

Also, thank you semi-fly and alcoholic for the download links. You guys are awesome!

Guest ga_yeonx3

Tomorrow will be the last episode (episode 138) for More Charming by the Day.

I have enjoyed watching this sitcom even though I skipped episodes here and there.

There was such a twist at the end of episode 137.

Guest bitter SOOweet

what last episode already?! the next sitcom doesn't even air until next week though.. NOOOOOOOO =[

I'm so sad I'm going to miss this so much.

she didn't even get with doojoon.

and my senses tell me that mr. doctor/mr. professor still likes soojung....and a part of her feels that way about him too.

so i guess the doctor and juri just didn't get married in the end. you see, if he REALLY liked her, he'd have married her without hesitating all the time. oh well.

Archived