• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rapport2010

One more cast has been confirm on MGIG "Hyomin" from T-ara

http://news.nate.com/view/20100618n09966

Here is from allkpop

T-ara’s Hyomin will debut in a drama

100618_hyomin_1.jpg

Many of the T-ara members such as Jiyeon who starred in drama God of Study and Eunjung who is currently starring in drama Coffee House have already stepped in to the acting world. T-ara’s management company, Core Contents Media, announced last month that Hyomin will also be another addition to the list as she too will debut in a miniseries drama this summer.

Up until now, the name of the drama Hyomin will star in was not confirmed, but today it was confirmed that the singer will appear in greatly anticipated drama My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox along with cast members Lee Seung Gi and Shin Min Ah. It is still not known what role the singer will play for this drama, but people are guessing that she will be the rival girl character in a love triangle between Lee Seung Gi and Shin Min Ah.

Credit: http://www.allkpop.com

Guest timpa

Folding Screen!!!! Haha. I'm interested to see what type of character Hyomin plays. Most are assuming she'll be a rival love interest (the one who loses out in the end) to Shin Min Ah. I'm not sure if she's going to have that significant of a role, but if she does I wonder if it'll be like a UEE in YAB type (typical scheming love interest) or if she would be the unrequited sweet girl type that the main male lead views as a sister type.

I'm torn between wanting to see how an evil Hyomin would look and between wanting her to play a lovable dorky/funny character.

Guest yeohweping

AKR20100618088500005_01_i.jpg

Seon Nyun is the daughter of the director of the acting school that Cha Dae Woong goes to. Just like her name "Seon Nyun" (Fairy), she is the one-sided love of Dae Woong whose heart will beat wildly whenever he sees her.

Guest rapport2010

Here more detail

My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho cast addition: T-ara’s Hyomin

Lots of casting news lately — here’s one for SBS’s My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, and it involves another idol star crossing over into television. Pop group T-ara’s Hyo-min is joining her fellow members Eun-jung (Coffee House) and Ji-yeon (God of Study) in the acting game, and has been added to the Gumiho fantasy drama alongside Lee Seung-gi and Shin Mina.

Hyo-min takes a supporting role as a girl in a one-sided love with Lee Seung-gi; the latter is an aspiring action star and Hyo-min will play the daughter to the action school’s director. Her bright character, described as being friends with the two leads, does her best to win him over. This role is being called Hyo-min’s formal screen acting debut, but it’s not her absolute first time acting; she has performed in the musical production of I Really Really Like You (which was based off the TV drama starring Eugene).

This is also the first time I’m seeing a director attached to the project: the PD, Gu Sung-chul, previously did the weepie melodrama A Star’s Lover. I’m ambivalent about this, since it can go either way: I found the writing in A Star’s Lover tired and enervated by the drama’s end, but I was enthralled with the first four episodes, and a large part of that draw was the atmospheric, almost ethereal quality the director brought to the story.

My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho will premiere on August 11.

Via Mk.co.kr

Credit: dramabeans.com

Guest ViLoveVi

Finally Lee Seung Gi has a Twitter account using his character's name in MGIG @chadaewoong.

Follow him if you have a Twitter account.

Seung Gi's message at the Airen cafe

'내 여자친구는 구미호' 차.대.웅 트위터 오픈!!

Thank you | 조회 831 | 10.06.20 09:54 http://cafe.daum.net...seungki/9Vri/65

안녕히 주무셨나요??

아침부터 전해드릴 소식이 있어서 몇자 남겨 놓습니다~^^

음.. 드라마 구상 단계에서 부터 생각했던 아이디어였는데

오늘부터 타이틀&티저 촬영이 시작되서 이 글을 남깁니다.

우리나라 드라마에서 있었는지 모르겠는데

극중 배역 차.대.웅으로서 트위터를 오픈했습니다.^^

촬영하는 동안의 이런저런 소소한 이야기들과 현장소식을

우리 드라마 팬분들께 제가 직접 들려드릴 생각입니다.^^ ㅋㅋ

제가 이런거 잘하는 스타일도 아니구 좋아하지 않았던 터라

굉장히 복잡하기도 하구 생소하지만

나름 매력이 있네요..^^ ㅋㅋ

한국팬분들을 비롯한 일본, 중국 등의

팬분들께서도 생생한 현장의 느낌을 바로바로 알 수 있을테니

많이많이 들러주세요^^!!

좋은 드라마 , 즐거운 드라마 같이 만들어 봅시당~~ ㅋㅋㅋ

그리고 이 트위터는 드라마가 막을 내리는 순간까지 운영할 거니까

색다른 매력의 드라마가 될 수 있게 잘부탁드립니다.!!^^*

사용법응 잘몰라서 아직도 헤매고 있는데

주소는 chadaewoong입니다!!^^*

"내여자친구는 구미호"대박을 향해 화이팅~~^^!!

June 20, 2010, Message from Seunggi left at LSG Airen Fan Cafe

(English translation: LSGfan.wordpress.com)

“My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” Cha.Dae.Woong twitter open!!

───── From Seunggi

Did you all sleep well?? Because I wanted to share some news with you, I’m leaving a short message this morning~^^

Hm… this was an idea I had been thinking about since the intial planning stages of the drama. Since we start filming the title and teaser today, I’m leaving a message.

I don’t know if someone’s done this with a drama in our country, but I’ve opened a twitter in the role of Cha Dae Woong.^^ I am thinking of personally sharing news about stuff going on during filming with fans of our drama.^^ ㅋㅋ

Because it’s not my style to be very good at this type of thing or to have liked this type of thing, and even though it’s very complicated and unfamiliar to me, there is a charm to this..^^ ㅋㅋ

In addition to Korean fans, Japanese and Chinese fans will be able to get info about behind-the-scenes stuff so please many of you follow along^^!!

Together, let’s try making a good drama, a joyful drama~~ ㅋㅋㅋ

Also, I will be using this twitter until the end of the drama, and put into your care that this drama portray a totally new and different aspect.!!^^*

I’m not sure how to use this and I’m still figuring it out,

but the address is chadaewoong!!^^*

“My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” Daebak Hwaiting ~~^^!!

Finally Lee Seung Gi has a Twitter account using his character's name in MGIG @chadaewoong.

Follow him if you have a Twitter account.

Seung Gi's message at the Airen cafe

'내 여자친구는 구미호' 차.대.웅 트위터 오픈!!

Thank you | 조회 831 | 10.06.20 09:54 http://cafe.daum.net...seungki/9Vri/65

안녕히 주무셨나요??

아침부터 전해드릴 소식이 있어서 몇자 남겨 놓습니다~^^

음.. 드라마 구상 단계에서 부터 생각했던 아이디어였는데

오늘부터 타이틀&티저 촬영이 시작되서 이 글을 남깁니다.

우리나라 드라마에서 있었는지 모르겠는데

극중 배역 차.대.웅으로서 트위터를 오픈했습니다.^^

촬영하는 동안의 이런저런 소소한 이야기들과 현장소식을

우리 드라마 팬분들께 제가 직접 들려드릴 생각입니다.^^ ㅋㅋ

제가 이런거 잘하는 스타일도 아니구 좋아하지 않았던 터라

굉장히 복잡하기도 하구 생소하지만

나름 매력이 있네요..^^ ㅋㅋ

한국팬분들을 비롯한 일본, 중국 등의

팬분들께서도 생생한 현장의 느낌을 바로바로 알 수 있을테니

많이많이 들러주세요^^!!

좋은 드라마 , 즐거운 드라마 같이 만들어 봅시당~~ ㅋㅋㅋ

그리고 이 트위터는 드라마가 막을 내리는 순간까지 운영할 거니까

색다른 매력의 드라마가 될 수 있게 잘부탁드립니다.!!^^*

사용법응 잘몰라서 아직도 헤매고 있는데

주소는 chadaewoong입니다!!^^*

"내여자친구는 구미호"대박을 향해 화이팅~~^^!!

June 20, 2010, Message from Seunggi left at LSG Airen Fan Cafe

(English translation: LSGfan.wordpress.com)

“My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” Cha.Dae.Woong twitter open!!

───── From Seunggi

Did you all sleep well?? Because I wanted to share some news with you, I’m leaving a short message this morning~^^

Hm… this was an idea I had been thinking about since the intial planning stages of the drama. Since we start filming the title and teaser today, I’m leaving a message.

I don’t know if someone’s done this with a drama in our country, but I’ve opened a twitter in the role of Cha Dae Woong.^^ I am thinking of personally sharing news about stuff going on during filming with fans of our drama.^^ ㅋㅋ

Because it’s not my style to be very good at this type of thing or to have liked this type of thing, and even though it’s very complicated and unfamiliar to me, there is a charm to this..^^ ㅋㅋ

In addition to Korean fans, Japanese and Chinese fans will be able to get info about behind-the-scenes stuff so please many of you follow along^^!!

Together, let’s try making a good drama, a joyful drama~~ ㅋㅋㅋ

Also, I will be using this twitter until the end of the drama, and put into your care that this drama portray a totally new and different aspect.!!^^*

I’m not sure how to use this and I’m still figuring it out,

but the address is chadaewoong!!^^*

“My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” Daebak Hwaiting ~~^^!!

would u post what is the twitter's name? :D

Guest Badboyz

Can I ask what drama will this drama be replacing...?

Woops, nevermind, found the answer on the first page...

Source (& credit goes to): http://lsgfan.wordpress.com/

BTS poster filming, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho twitter

Posted on June 21, 2010 by LSGfan.wordpress.com

118697509.jpg

(cr: http://twitpic.com/1yo3l1)

Tweet: Slightly~ revealing poster filming~~ it was really hot but SeungGi, MinAh, and the director, everyone was great about it and already the feel is good!!!

Twitter for SBS My Girlfriend is a Gumiho: http://twitter.com/baepr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SeungGi’s super sweet ducati bike

Posted on June 20, 2010 by LSGfan.wordpress.com

ap7h.jpg

(cr: http://yfrog.com/1qap7hj)

Tweet: For this morning’s first scene, I went through a lot to buy meat for our MiHo…ㅋMiHo sshi, one piece at a time… every time she cooked the meat, I acted with the mindset that I could become like those pieces of meat… This is the motorcycle bike that DaeWoong will get to ride… I practiced already… it is totally scary…ㅋ

I’ll have to be careful^^

~Cha Dae Woong (aka SeungGi’s) twitter: http://twitter.com/chadaewoong

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First reading for My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

Posted on June 20, 2010 by LSGfan.wordpress.com

2010062106587_2010052613151.jpg

We knew that SeungGi and MinAh had their first meeting a little more than a week ago, so not sure why all the news reports today are referring to their recent first reading practice as their “first meeting.” Whatever. Anyway, press release out today about their first MGIG reading held on June 18…

LSG and SMA participated in the first practice reading for My Girlfriend is a Gumiho at the SBS studio on June 18. Shin Dong Il and T-ara’s HyoMin also were there.

The practice started at 3pm and lasted about 3 hours. LSG, SMA, and SDI read through twice(?) and were said to have matched forces together well for the first time. PD Bu Sung Chul and the Hong Sisters were also there.

A rep who was on site said there was a good atmosphere during the reading and that all the actors particpated comfortably and happily greeted one another. And that throughout the reading the laughter did not end.

Filming for MGIG is planned to begin at the end of June.

(via HanKyung)

source & credit: http://www.dramabeans.com

Filming begins on My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho

June 21st, 2010 // by javabeans

gf4.jpg

On June 18 at Ilsan’s SBS production center, script rehearsals began on the upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho. The reading was attended by the two stars, Lee Seung-gi and Shin Mina, as well as its new additions, comic relief Sung Dong-il and love rival Hyo-min. Writers Hong Jung-eun and Hong Mi-ran (better known collectively as the “Hong sisters”) were also present.

The lead actors have cleared their schedules from now until the drama’s airing later this summer. On June 21, Lee Seung-gi Twittered after wrapping the first day of filming. He also uploaded a few photos taken on set. (His Twitter account, twitter.com/chadaewoong, is named after his Gumiho character, Cha Dae-woong.)

Lee’s first Twitter entry was accompanied by the following photo (the script for Episode 1, marked with his character’s name) and reads:

“First opening! This is the Twitter for Cha. Dae. Woong. ^^ Here, you’ll meet the family of ‘My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho’! Doesn’t matter what your nationality is, everyone’s okay! ^^ Thanks and nice to meet you! Yoroshiku ne. Good luck ^^*”

gf_tw2.jpg

He posted another photo on the 21st, with the message:

“I went through some effort buying meat for our Mi-ho-sshi in this morning’s first scene… ke. Whenever Mi-ho-sshi cooks the meat, piece by piece, I act thinking I might become that meat…;; I’ll have to ride this in the future, Dae-woong’s motorcycle… I rode it for practice,,, it was totally scary… ke. Gotta be careful ^^”

gf_tw1.jpg

And he followed that with his latest tweet:

“Today’s filming is over! We finished safely without any accidents~ ^^ I’ll stop here for today, sweet dreams everyone!”

My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho tells the story of a mythical gumiho (a shape-shifter that looks like a fox with nine tails, which can assume human form) who has awoken from 500 years of sleep and is released when a seal is broken. The human played by Lee Seung-gi falls for her but is also afraid of her gumiho powers (because the gumiho traditionally eats human organs), even as everyone around him thinks he’s lucky to have won over such a beautiful girlfriend. The drama airs in August after Bad Guy.

First poster photos for Gumiho Girlfriend

June 21st, 2010 // by javabeans

gf_5.jpg

I know that I just posted on this drama, but My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho has just released its first poster images and here they are. As you know, the fantasy series just began shooting on Monday, June 21, and now we get our first look at the characters played by Lee Seung-gi and Shin Mina. Although there’s a limit to how much you can get out of a photo (be it a thousand words or not), I think the photos are really cute, particularly the second one below.

These poster shots were taken on June 20 at SBS’s Ilsan production center and capture the couple’s relationship dynamic. (I’m going to guess that the one below is more indicative of the storyline and the one above is just a fun excuse to show the stars looking beautiful together.)

I dig that Lee Seung-gi’s kind of a shlub; so many trendy dramas (or any dramas, really) feature men who are either super-cool (e.g., your Darcys and professional types) or super-warm (e.g., your Ji-hoo sunbaes and Shin-woo hyungs). There’s not much room for your bumblers or beta-males. (A few exist, such as Jung Kyung-ho in Smile, and I always enjoy those exceptions.) Say what you will about the Hong sisters, they have a knack for teasing out unusual character traits and creating some fun relationship dynamics with them.

gf_6.jpg

Via E Daily

Via Mk.co.kr, OSEN

Guest rapport2010

Thank you fiey for update this thread

Here one more Fan made MGIG poster

1006220MGIGPosterdclsg.jpg

Credit : as labeled ; dclsg

Archived