Korean tradition. Is it true?

Guest my.name.is.nine

Guest my.name.is.nine

something about 100 days after
I was suppose to see my manager's new baby today, but was cancelled because they said that no one is allowed to see the mom and the new born baby til 100 days after.

Said it was a Korean tradition.

So I was just wondering if it is true or not.

The only understanding I have with 100 days is the anniversary thing.

Guest WhiteRabbitsTime

I've heard of the baby having a 100 days party but, never not being able to see it until after 100 days.

P.S. Maybe they have it confused with THE MOTHER not being able to leave her room or do any "labor" for 100 days AFTER she's given birth to her child. That's the only closest things I can relate it to but, not the child- Anyhow, that is VERY TRADITIONAL.

Guest kRaZiExLaDiE

ummm... i dont think thats how it goes. i mean... im not 100% sure but i think asian babies in general celebrate their first bdays 100 days after they were born. no one ever said people cant see the mom & baby o.O

ummm... i dont think thats how it goes. i mean... im not 100% sure but i think asian babies in general celebrate their first bdays 100 days after they were born. no one ever said people cant see the mom & baby o.O

Archived