Karoake Places in Calgary?

Guest Rainie

• 1 month later...

theres this small korean place right next to the c-train 7th street, its soooo cute its open after 6 and it has karaokee. awesme fun, and agishee is super dupper nice. :lol:

^Not at Superstar...but the most of the other places are like karoake bars...and yes, you have to be 18 with id to get in.

really> they never check me for id at those places. O_O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^I think you're talking about Nanta, they check once in awhile...and I think it depends on the times you go.

oh really? i was there pretty early. meh doesnt matter hahahaha, im legal. :P

calgary needs more karaoke places, seriously -_-

they need a serious Korea Town do. hahaha

• 1 year later...
Guest Melitus

nanta: known as the Korean karaoke bar. There is a stage that you can go up to and sing. But surely there are private rooms, like 6 of them. Compare to superstar, superstar has more private rooms. If you go on weekends, it is always packed with asians, most are intoxicated..it's pretty ghetto. If you're not up with hanging out unclassy people then it isn't a place for you.

Superstar: Known as the chinese karaoke bar, The room are well small. I liked it, but I liked the dramas that comes with nanta. Superstar is more of the goody two version of Nanta.

SOLE? I never been there I MUST!!!

Guest severus

looks like there aren't actually GREAT K places in calgary :(

i always go to superstar... but the washroom grosses me out...

and the rooms are sooooo tiny... and the food is nasty?

iunno... i may just be unfortunate.... me and my brother got raw "sui mai" as in the dim sum stuff...

• 1 month later...
Guest babyxdee

omigosh, superstar is HORRIBLE. i went there yesterday night and the service and staff are SO rude. the bill was about 70 and i gave them 100, they stood there staring at us asking what WE wanted?! im like, uh can i get my change back? theres no way im gonna tip 20 dollars for rather infelicitous service, or should i say NO service. the staff was so bean pie, it disgusts me. i dont think i'd ever go back there again. compared to vancouver .. calgary has got some rather infelicitous karaoke places! grrr.

*end vent

^ wow, what is happening to superstar? first the times got changed/decreased, then the prices went up, now the service is bad? ><''

i heard they have a new owner now. shame.

i really liked it, i used to go there a lot when i wasnt as busy with school. someone said it takes them forever to have new songs in? i think they have new songs out FAST O_O. like as soon as mvs are released, within a few days superstar would have it. i agree the service before wasnt great but at least reasonable. i liked it cuz it was the safest place.

• 4 weeks later...

omigosh, superstar is HORRIBLE. i went there yesterday night and the service and staff are SO rude. the bill was about 70 and i gave them 100, they stood there staring at us asking what WE wanted?! im like, uh can i get my change back? theres no way im gonna tip 20 dollars for rather infelicitous service, or should i say NO service. the staff was so bean pie, it disgusts me. i dont think i'd ever go back there again. compared to vancouver .. calgary has got some rather infelicitous karaoke places! grrr.

*end vent

yeaa I stopped going there a long time ago, I hate how they expect us to tip on top of a ridiculously high bill for karaoke when all they did was turn on the lights, and hand us a remote

• 4 months later...
Guest turbogor

Judging by all the comments.. there really isn't a nice karaoke place in Calgary ... haha

I guess its karaoke-at-home now haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest InspiredCat

Nanta just updated their songs recently, so now they should have everything. Only one person who works there knows how to update the machine, lol. But they always have new English songs, it's just the Korean/Japanese that take some time. They never update the books though, you gotta search the machine to find the new stuff.

They found out about people complaining about how dirty they are, so they've started cleaning a lot more. Plus they're gonna be redecorating (redoing the bar and the booths for sure, changing some of the colours) when the boss gets back from Korea!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Melitus

where is nana.....is it in downtown...

These korean karaoke places are hidden very well, same goes with sole. Sole is hidden in an alley, my friends was in front of opus. but it wasn't there. we found it sole was located in the the scary alley behind it..scary.

nanta has a very small entrance, there's really no big sign, other than the one on front of the door.

I believe it's on 5 ave 8 street? well, if you keep on going pass "saha" a indian resturant and pass a chinese returant, it's right next to it. walk up the stairs. if you look across you should see "bali"

there are in total of 3 asian karaoke places

Sole=korean

Nanta=korean

Superstar=chinese

Guest CorrectionYourWrongImRight

Has anyone been to the new renovated Viva Jaks?

thats the one on 7th right?? ya they took out the karaokee :(

the walls were sooo cool before with all the happy writting and all, its so sad they got rid of its personality :(

Guest InspiredCat

Nanta has nachos on the menu now! Finally something other than the appetizer and fruit plates for my friends who aren't fans of Korean food!

$12 and they're not too bad. Lots of cheese!

Archived