Wisdom teeth...

Jaeho

getting them pulled out?
I went to the dentist yesterday and I need all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out. I heard your mouth hurts like hell after that. I also found out I need oral surgery because I have 2 extra teeth inside my gums. :crazy: I'm not really worried about this, but I just don't wanna think about the pain I might face.

So... anyone with similar stories?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xT0E_

i got it pulled out on spring break, and my mouth was swollen for like a week. so i couldn't really eat or anything. it didn't really hurt though, and people heal at different rate so don't worry. ^^

Guest Apple_love

i think it hurts, my sister had her wisdom tooth pulled out 2 weeks ago and we met up to go shopping and she had this um... tissue? stuck in her month that she had to change every 10 minutes because of all the bleeding, and she had to get stiches because once its pulled out it leaves a huge hole in the area its pulled out of. the stiches come out while your eating,,, which is sortah sick. :mellow:

She said the teeth looked like a dagger :w00t:

Its not really my story ---> more like my sisters xD

i don't mean to scare you lol

i know someone who got her's pulled out and afterwards her face was all swollen which made her face all puffy

yeah i heard it hurts, my mom couldn't eat alot because of it

Guest boblovesbacon

Had all four pulled out this past April. I had an oral surgeon perform the procedure. Didn't hurt (must the be anesthetics) and I didn't have to take any medication post-surgery (no Advil, prescription, etc.) at all (even the surgeon was surprised when I went for my checkup).

By Day 3, my face reached it's maximum stress (meaning from the normal round face --> square w/evident angles). Within a week, all the swelling went down.

I'm heard that oral surgeons will give you better results and minimize pain.

Goodluck!

One note: you may end up losing weight b/c you can't eat as much for a while.

Beware of your siblings/friends/relatives who might be around you when you're knocked out --> my sister wanted to draw on my face and the nurses even offered her a marker!

Guest DreamMyst

I had an oral surgeon perform the procedure. Didn't hurt (must the be anesthetics) and I didn't have to take any medication post-surgery (no Advil, prescription, etc.) at all (even the surgeon was surprised when I went for my checkup).

Same with me, my jaw was numb for the whole day though. Two of my wisdom teeth hadn't emerged yet, and the other two were rammed up against my back teeth at a perpendicular angle. I was put to sleep for it and woke up with gauze in my mouth. I only had to change the gauze twice. It was a weird feeling but nothing scary. In fact I ate soon after. Soft stuff like rice soup just to be on the safe side. My jaw didn't swell up and I was completely fine and normal besides the tinglyness. The stitches might agitate your gums though if they managed to stick out like mine did. Also, your gums might be all squishy and awkward feeling post-op. Now mine have hardened surprisingly so there's no weird gap.

It differs for everyone so the scary as well as the hopeful experiences may differ for you. Best of luck though!

Thanks for all of your posts. Now I feel a little bit more worried actually. :lol: I wasn't expecting swelling and all that stuff, but oh well... AND I'm getting another surgery for 2 extra teeth inside my gums, so it'll only make it worse. =/

Guest ayoboo

aish ! does everyone get their wisdom tooth ? gosh after hearing all this, im quite worried and never wanting mines to pop up !

******* I WISHH YOU BEST OF LUCK ! i wish i was there with you s o i can buy mucho ice cream for you ! lol =]

Guest forgottenmemories

I don't think I have any wisdom teeth. But my best friend who got it pulled out came back to school 3 days later with his cheeks looking like a chipmunk. His cheeks were also badly bruised and he couldn't eat anything for a week, except Porridge.

Guest Keris

aish ! does everyone get their wisdom tooth ? gosh after hearing all this, im quite worried and never wanting mines to pop up !

Don't worry, not everyone get wisdom teeth. Most people have 4 wisdom teeth, or more, or less, or none at all. :)

Anyway, I personally have 4 wisdom teeth that have started to grow when I was around 16 years old. I never even noticed them until I was flossing in front of a mirror one day. I checked with my dentist, and i found out 3 of them are growing pretty nicely, but one of the teeth was "impacted" meaning it grew in the wrong direction and now there's not enough room in my mouth for it. :sweatingbullets: My jaw has been a bit stiff lately, haha, I think I'll need to see my dentist soon again. :lol:

i got mine removed

doesnt hurt during the process cause your are under anesthetics

BUT after the anesthetics wear out. you'll start feeling the soreness in your mouth and you feel pain.

so i recommend panadols after you pull out

and sleep so you'll forget the pain. XD

oh. and i heard it takes 3 months for the gums to heal.

so yeah.

thats quite long and you'll see one big disgusting hole in your gums for 3months

but in overall. it isnt as scary as in sounds(:

Guest KIM_SAYS:

Getting mine removed was absolute HELL. I got them removed last August and yeah, the swelling lasted exactly for one week. I pretty much couldn't eat anything except for soup, yogurt, ice cream, jello, etc. Even after the first week I had a little trouble chewing real food. The pain was terrible for me afterwards. Just remember to rinse with salt water a lot to prevent infection. I had a situation where my gums got all swollen and red and I had to go back to get the pus squeezed out. :crazy: That hurt like crazy because they actually had to cut the gums a little and they didn't numb me. But apparently it wasn't an infection. They said something blah blah blah about my lymph nodes blah blah. Obviously I wasn't paying attention.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. Everyone I know who've had their's removed seemed ok. I guess I'm the only one who had a bad experience. Ugh I've also had oral surgery too...but that was way back in fifth grade. I had an extra tooth right behind my top front teeth. I don't think that was too bad though.

Guest mango.baby

not everyone needs to get them pulled though.

if they hurt, you need to get them pulled out. otherwise you're fine.

i had a friend who got her wisdom teeth pulled out and she had the big chipmunk cheeks for a few days afterwards. she said it hurt a lot and she couldn't really eat anything with a lot of substance.

Guest ilovefashion

i'm going to the dentist soon regarding my wisdom teeth... and now i'm scared. and i already have dental-phobia as it is.... :X

Guest namuimnida

they did surgery on mine because they were all up in my sinuses, which is as bad as it could get. they drugged me up, didnt feel a thing. they give you vicoden later so its okay =)

cons for me was that i had to sleep elevated with that goz stuff in my mouth because my mouth would fill with blood (like until a day after)

no pain whatsoever though. and hardly any swelling for me also!~

Guest sugarorspice

I got four wisdom teeth removed along with four additonal teeth (because of braces). I was in A LOT of pain but I am sure you will not be in as much pain as me because I had eight teeth removed at once. In the end, it was worth it because I have nice teeth now. hehe

I just got mine. It's growing.. just one in the lower right. It started to hurt when it first came in but it doesn't hurt as much. What would happen if I don't go to the dentist and get it taken out? I hate going to the dentists, they freak me out.

Guest vividified

your lucky like me, i got oral surgery,

mine you i took 8 teeth out..

so you wont be feeling any pain.. i was heaps scared at first..

i was lost when i woke up i had a huge icepack over my face, some people said they felt pain. i felt mostly numbness and minimal pain. The only pain was really eating properly ;)

your chests will become like balloons. actually i didnt mind this i was showing off to my friends look i got chubby cheeks (coz my face is small with not meat)

Guest FoOd_is_BliSs

it depends on the person. for me it didn't hurt that bad when i got oral surgury, i started eatting solid food the next day, but my cousin couldn't eat solid food for 2 weeks.

Archived