Mimco. Sweet Papillon. Bettina Liano

Guest Wonderland

Guest Wonderland

Any fans??
Sales are approaching and I just can't help but go raid all my favourite OZ brand boutiques! Here are just a few of my own favourite OZ brands. Don’t forget to share any secret OZ labels you may be hiding…I want to know. =)

Mimco

I absolutely adore Mimco’s bags and wallets (plus their accessories, but it gets a little expensive sometimes). I especially love her collections from the previous few seasons, such as the button bags and tassel bags. I’ve been meaning to get my hands on another black button bag but I’ve been told I’m much too late. Anyway, the quality is great and some styles personally suit my tastes exactly. Even the sizes are perfect! Haha.

There are no pictures on the net of the two collections I like…=(

Sweet Papillon

My favourite brand of handcrafted jewellery. Her bracelets are my favourite and I absolutely adore the one-off designs crafted with unique beads and charms she’s collected throughout her travels. Plus the vintage inspired style is simply gorgeous!

Petite Pink Charm Bracelet

medium_18102005142324541.jpg

Nouvelle Charm Bracelet

medium_18102005142322539.jpg

Jasmine Charm Bracelet

medium_18102005142328548.jpg

Bettina Liano

3 words: Indigo Ace Jeans. I’m pretty sure everyone in Australia has a pair and I usually don’t like seeing almost every second person on the street wearing the same thing as me…but I can’t help it. Bettina’s are so comfy. O_O Just like my Rock and Republics…except more reasonably priced. Definitely my favourite OZ denim brand.

Guest efflorescence

OMGOSH THOSE BRACELETS ARE SOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!

Where do you buy 'Sweet Papillon' in Australia? Or even Sydney (cause that's where I live). Btw, can you also post a picture of those Indigo Ace Jeans? :D I don't know about you, but I see Bardot skinnies everywhere I go in Sydney.

^ i've never seen sweet papillon in sydney either , but those bracelets are so cute ! i'd like to to know where to find them x]

mimco is nice ! my sister is obsessed with a mimco shawl she found today , but she didn't have any money to buy it while we were there :lol:

mimco's cute <3 they sell them in myers and in all these fashion boutiques =) very chic and very cute. bit pricey though

Guest fionarhz

yes for bettina liano

i love those ace jeans! so pricy though, i'd rather get a gasp pair that looks exactly the same for about $40 cheaper

Guest vividified

my favourite designers from oz LOVER, sass and bide, tsubi and alice mcCall

i love karen walker but she from nz i think

LOVER

IMG_8250.jpg

_white_lover_dress2.jpg

Karen walker

107958934_dc27cc1e26.jpg

KW_1_full.jpg

i adore this beautiful necklace <3

Guest Wonderland

OMGOSH THOSE BRACELETS ARE SOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!

Where do you buy 'Sweet Papillon' in Australia? Or even Sydney (cause that's where I live). Btw, can you also post a picture of those Indigo Ace Jeans? :D I don't know about you, but I see Bardot skinnies everywhere I go in Sydney.

Indigo Aces - pictures do them no justice! If you ever try them on...I assure you you won't walk out of the shop without them...even if you had to steal them. Haha.

This is from Ebay.

1151144973_0.jpg

But here is one to entice you. Gemma Ward in Bettina Aces. You can see faintly the logo yellow circle. I wish I had a clearer photo. :vicx:

004madam86s4bq.png

And sweet papillon's situated in Byron Bay =[ BUT! Luckily they do have an online store. www.sweetpapillon.com.au. Behold the prices though...but it's for the quality and handwork.

^ i've never seen sweet papillon in sydney either , but those bracelets are so cute ! i'd like to to know where to find them x]

mimco is nice ! my sister is obsessed with a mimco shawl she found today , but she didn't have any money to buy it while we were there :lol:

Above^ and yeah...I find some Mimco things really over-priced...but sometimes I just can't help myself. =(

Btw, how was Dylan Moran? =D I think I remember it was you who had tickets too? :lol:

my favourite designers from oz LOVER, sass and bide, tsubi and alice mcCall

i love karen walker but she from nz i think

LOVER

%7Boption%7DIMG_8250.jpg[/img

%7Boption%7D_white_lover_dress2.jpg[/img

Karen walker

%7Boption%7D107958934_dc27cc1e26.jpg[/img

%7Boption%7DKW_1_full.jpg[/img

i adore this beautiful necklace <3

S&B and Tsubi! Another 2 famous denim brands. Personally I don't find S&Bs comfy enough and tsubis are so unflattering for my figure (just mine though...some girls look GORGEOUS in skinny tsubis...) But S&B tees are very cute. <3

Did you manage to make the S&B sales this morning? I had an uni exam but some friends went at like 7 in the morning. o_O Crazy!

Guest vividified

Did you manage to make the S&B sales this morning? I had an uni exam but some friends went at like 7 in the morning. o_O Crazy!

im lazy waiting in line and heard girls are scary.. :ph34r:

and the stories i heard getting naked in front of everyone in the changeroom? some even trying the clothes out in the open area @__@

Guest lingaz

o_____o .. it was that crazy ..

ive heard of mimco and bettinas .. basically everyone in my school has pair of bettinas and a mimco bag, pencil case or the knits

and yeah...I find some Mimco things really over-priced...but sometimes I just can't help myself. =(

Btw, how was Dylan Moran? =D I think I remember it was you who had tickets too? :lol:

hahah , yeah some stuff just costs a ridiculous amount . this shawl thing she found was like , 250$ , and it was sort of just a ropey-knitty-scarfy-giant thing :lol: i hope she buys it later though , it was actually pretty cute , despite my heinous description

oh ! dylan moran was awesommme <3 what a champion . gosh it was a while ago now , i can hardly remember what happened , but i did love him ! what'd you think ? xD

wow sass and bide seems to have sales all the time o.o i lurrrve their tees , the material is so hot . i wanted to buy the lobster shirt until that stupid woman on that showwheresomeladygoesandtalkstopeopleintheairport show had one on all the time . grr . i wanted the libertine shirt too , but my friend is a fan of the band , the libertines , and i feel like i'd be intruding in her domain . lol X_x now i don't know which to get , none of the new ones are very inspiring for me

Guest yuri fufu

I a fan of BL aces too. I don't actually own a pair myself. omg gimme a trophy now. but heck, they're hot denims.

bettina liano actually have some other really lovely stuff too.

I don't really like mimco. and I have never heard of sweet pavilion x].

Guest Wonderland

hahah , yeah some stuff just costs a ridiculous amount . this shawl thing she found was like , 250$ , and it was sort of just a ropey-knitty-scarfy-giant thing :lol: i hope she buys it later though , it was actually pretty cute , despite my heinous description

oh ! dylan moran was awesommme <3 what a champion . gosh it was a while ago now , i can hardly remember what happened , but i did love him ! what'd you think ? xD

wow sass and bide seems to have sales all the time o.o i lurrrve their tees , the material is so hot . i wanted to buy the lobster shirt until that stupid woman on that showwheresomeladygoesandtalkstopeopleintheairport show had one on all the time . grr . i wanted the libertine shirt too , but my friend is a fan of the band , the libertines , and i feel like i'd be intruding in her domain . lol X_x now i don't know which to get , none of the new ones are very inspiring for me

LOL I really want this new pink S&B tee. I have no idea WHAT is on the front...but I remember thinking heyyy that's a special dusty/beigy/pink colour. :D But they didn't have my size. >=[

And yeahhh. Dylan Moran<3333333 I ended up having tickets for first row/middle seats. So that was a pleasant surprise. And to think the price was all the same. Hehe. He was SO fantastic! I just remember being so sad because it was so shooorrrt. I had this strong urge to stalk him at the art galleries and bondi beach. :vicx: I missed bill bailey's show last year so I'm really happy I got to see Dylan! <3

I a fan of BL aces too. I don't actually own a pair myself. omg gimme a trophy now. but heck, they're hot denims.

bettina liano actually have some other really lovely stuff too.

I don't really like mimco. and I have never heard of sweet pavilion x].

Yeah. I have my eyes set on some bettina corset-style tops. But they are so expensive and I rarely need to wear something like that. =( That's why I buy their jeans though..hehe...I wear jeans to uni every day. =D

Guest vividified

kate hurst is another great designer

i love her pinafore ;)

07woolpinaforegrey7dh.jpg

more clothes from lover, this is my most favourite label... :wub::wub::wub:

9075fcbe6is.jpg

lover1jn.jpg

goldie is <3. how cute is this hoodie :tears: i wanted to purchased it but they dont stock size 6 yet.

bumblebooster4lb.jpg

alannah hill is awesome also , very girly designer ;) and cute collections but no size 6's :tears:

Guest xOxEurasianxOx

my friends mum is bettina liano, and they're dads roy but her parents are split up

i love mimco, bettina liano and roy...don't know about sweet papillon though... loving rosemin and peter alexander too..

Guest SaMmiiiiiii

Bettina Liano was in trouble recently for using sweatshops to make her clothing. Do you still love her jeans? Workers were paid as little as AU$3.60 an hour. Pretty disgusting considering her jeans are from $150 and up.

^ hrm . i personally am going to go with the "that's not my problem , actually" stance with that one . if i like the jeans i'm getting the jeans , i don't care who made them . and to be honest , if people don't want to work for a pittance , they should just not . nobody's forcing them to work , but if they want money and that's the only job around , tough . like , it's sad , but it's not like they're slaves or anything . when you say "as little as" , what was the "as much as" ?

LOL I really want this new pink S&B tee. I have no idea WHAT is on the front...but I remember thinking heyyy that's a special dusty/beigy/pink colour. :D But they didn't have my size. >=[

And yeahhh. Dylan Moran<3333333 I ended up having tickets for first row/middle seats. So that was a pleasant surprise. And to think the price was all the same. Hehe. He was SO fantastic! I just remember being so sad because it was so shooorrrt. I had this strong urge to stalk him at the art galleries and bondi beach. :vicx: I missed bill bailey's show last year so I'm really happy I got to see Dylan! <3

oh a pink one ! i don't think i've ever seen a pink one . OHWAIT . maybe i have . or maybe i'm imagining it , as tends to happen ........ the only tee i can remember from recently is the sparkly one that really just looks like a bunch of different starsigns with beads and thread in between . and i think my sister is buying one with a lion or sth on it ? sb tees seem to be really hit or miss , i think . oh and speaking of size , they only had a freaking size 8 when i went to find cigarette pants , which was crap as , me being a size gigantic and all :tears:

front row !? god damn , how lucky ! we ended up in the 3rd row riiight at the side , because they moved the gig to a bigger venue = all the seating was messed up = free for all = being late was probably a bad idea . ahah i noticed it was short as well , when he came back for the encore i was like "oh thank god , he's only halfway through" :lol: but then he left a few seconds later and never came back , rofl . was so fab , i'd definitely go see him again . lalala <3

107958934_dc27cc1e26.jpg

i cannot describe in words how much better lily cole looks in that dress than me . asdlkjsdf . :mellow:

Guest SaMmiiiiiii

^ hrm . i personally am going to go with the "that's not my problem , actually" stance with that one . if i like the jeans i'm getting the jeans , i don't care who made them . and to be honest , if people don't want to work for a pittance , they should just not . nobody's forcing them to work , but if they want money and that's the only job around , tough . like , it's sad , but it's not like they're slaves or anything . when you say "as little as" , what was the "as much as" ?

oh a pink one ! i don't think i've ever seen a pink one . OHWAIT . maybe i have . or maybe i'm imagining it , as tends to happen ........ the only tee i can remember from recently is the sparkly one that really just looks like a bunch of different starsigns with beads and thread in between . and i think my sister is buying one with a lion or sth on it ? sb tees seem to be really hit or miss , i think . oh and speaking of size , they only had a freaking size 8 when i went to find cigarette pants , which was crap as , me being a size gigantic and all :tears:

front row !? god damn , how lucky ! we ended up in the 3rd row riiight at the side , because they moved the gig to a bigger venue = all the seating was messed up = free for all = being late was probably a bad idea . ahah i noticed it was short as well , when he came back for the encore i was like "oh thank god , he's only halfway through" :lol: but then he left a few seconds later and never came back , rofl . was so fab , i'd definitely go see him again . lalala <3

i cannot describe in words how much better lily cole looks in that dress than me . asdlkjsdf . :mellow:

How pathetic of you, its not your problem huh? People are being exploited in their situations so girls like you can werar skanky jeans that every other girl owns. Good job.

How pathetic of you, its not your problem huh? People are being exploited in their situations so girls like you can werar skanky jeans that every other girl owns. Good job.

Let's not turn this into a sweatshop debate thread. The girl is entitled to her opinion- be it ignorant or not. You have no right to judge her. Leave it at that.

Anyways, (the one on the far right)

lover1jn.jpg
is what I want to go to work in everyday, lol.

My friend is in Australia right now, he goes there every summer. Perhaps I'll drop a line and ask him to get me some shiny jewelry, skinny jeans, and a mimco purse ;)

darling !

if you want to start a debate about sweatshops , go find some articles and statistics all about them and start your own thread . life's tough for some people , innit . fortunately for me , it's not so much , and i'm going to make the most of it .

and i don't OWN bettina jeans thx , clever clogs . if you've much more to add , and you seem like the type who might , pm me and quit wasting space in this poor girl's thread .

:phew:

Archived