[Drama 2010] Merchant Kim Man Deok 거상 김만덕

Guest C51236

Guest henryong

just the same as on the other thread, is there any English soft sub that I can dl? It seem there were at with S2 but can't find the link. Many thanks before to all.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 2Van123

I like this new and improved Gang Yuji! He is more mature now. He is even more appealing now than the Minister's son! But I don't think she will change her mind!

Guest kinein

any reason why this drama received very little attention on soompi? I know its ratings never went very high but the story sounds interesting. I'm really liking Dong Yi right now..

Guest 2Van123

any reason why this drama received very little attention on soompi? I know its ratings never went very high but the story sounds interesting. I'm really liking Dong Yi right now..

My guess is that the actors are too old to appeal to the young audience. I noticed that the dramas which have young actors, or older ones who are extremely good looking! or those with singers-turned-actors-who-sing-better-than-they-"ACT" (can't stand them personally!) generate a lot of interest in soompi. Looks like acting abilities and great script play a very insignificant role.

Guest 2Van123

Just saw episode 27 and Man Deok is unbelievable. She wants to pay Monsoon more than the price she wants for her ship. Doesn't she remember that this is the woman who kiled her granny? She's like a saint! I find her too good to be true and I feel characters like Yuji and even Monsoon are more believable in their struggle for good and bad. Even the minister's son shares in this struggle through his Dad's transgressions. But Man Deok always seem to shed a few tears and then quickly reclaims her saintly smile and cheer. unbelievable.

Guest mcramsey

Hi.

Just saw the episode where Jung Hong Soo was stabbed by Butler Oh with a sword.

Then a sentimental song sung by a male singer was aired.

Anyone knew the singer & the title?

Guest 2Van123

Just saw the last episode. Was Monsoon a real character? I don't like the way she abandoned her son at the end. She called it repentence. You can repent and show your son how to sincerely repent and change for the better. However good Man Deok is to her son, MD is not his Mom! She could show her repentance by telling the truth that she and not Yuji killed Granny. Then Yuji would not have to live out the rest of his life as a fugitive. What bogus repentence is this? But I never understood why Granny was so cold towards the young Monsoon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kogiboy

Hi.

Can someone tell me the singer and song.

1:15 - 1:26 = Great chorus.

시간아 제발...천천히 가줘

Artist: Lee Soo Young

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great acting by mature actors. The script was well-paced. Not sure why this drama is so under-rated. In fact, it makes me all curious about Jeju Island. I only knew Jeju is famous for honey, but I didn't know they have better pearls than Japan's cultured pearls.

KBS has a write-up on the real Kim Man-deok

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/culturenlife/culturenlife_koreanstory_detail.htm?No=20440

• 2 months later...
Guest avonmarissa

One of the songs in the drama that was not on the OST has been frequently requested. The song is by "The One." If this is the song you are looking for ,

, please send me a pm with your email and I'll send it to you.

Guest anca2604

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if there are english subtitles to this wonderful drama available for free download? I understand that if you have VIA access on WITHS2 you cand download the english subs, but you have to make a donation in order to do that. It's not that I don't appreciate the hard work of the translator and the other team members who help make them, but I was thinking that someone here might know another link to these files. Help! I really really want to see this saeguk...

Archived