Baek Jin Hee 백진희

LavenderP

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her movie Acoustic (2010) is a movie consists of the 3 unrelated parts but with same passion of love for music. She act as Jin Hee, a girl in a future who wants to keep her memorable song from her handphone and Ji Hoo (Im Seul Ong) become to fall in love with her. 
Acoustic-p2.jpg
Cr. as labelled

I can say this is a very boring movie but when BJH appear it turn out to be a very nice and touching movie. If you intended to watch this movie, you must be very patience because BJH only appear at the very last part of the story.

In this movie you can hear her singing too. Her voice is sweet (I know this is her old movie on year 2010) but to those newbie of BJH like me might love to check her out. 

Cr. uploader (uspiders)

class="titleNews"Jang Keun Suk and Kim Min Jung Were Originally Cast for ‘Empress Ki′It has been revealed that casting for Empress Ki changed at the last minute.

March 30’s broadcast of MBC’s Section TV revealed the story behind the drama casting.

Empress Ki, which has been earning over 30% in viewership ratings, originally cast Jang Keun Suk and Kim Min Jung for the roles currently played by Ji Chang Wook and Baek Jin Hee, respectively.

62352002.jpg

Having acted alongside Ha Ji Won previously in Hwang Jin Yi, Jang Keun Suk was expected to be a great partner for the actress in another historical drama. However, Jang Keun Suk’s casting got nullified due to his schedules abroad, which overlapped with the 50 episode long drama.

Many actors also refused to take the role, since having to do a pigtail was rumored to cause misfortune, and the role was finally given to Ji Chang Wook.

Baek Jin Hee was also cast at the last minute, about a week before filming started, for the role that was originally given to Kim Min Jung.

(Credit: MWave and MBC)

Originally posted by @CherKell at EK Thread

Interview with Actress Baek Jin-heephoto111995.jpg
My name is Baek Jin-hee.My birthday is February 8, 1990. I can finally celebrate Adults Day this year!.[The third Monday of May where young people in Korea celebrate turning twenty years old.]
I wanted to have a camera for my birthday, but I couldn't get one. When I was shooting the film "Hoya", the guy from Hoya often took pictures of me with his camera, and they looked so much better than ones taken by a digital camera. But my mother was like, 'What are you going to do with a camera when you don't even know how to take photographs?" But I can only practice taking pictures if I have a camera.
2013070911351011171.jpg

When I was young, I wanted to learn a lot of things. So when I was in elementary school, I learned how to play the piano, flute and got a certificate in word processing and Chinese characters. In fifth grade, when everyone was learning how to play the [traditional Korean instrument] short bamboo flute, I practiced until I had a headache and could play [traditional Korean tune] "Arirang' with it. Once I am given something to do, I am the type to work hard at it till the end.
I have two younger sisters. The youngest one is actually in elementary school. I don't remember my mother dressing me in skirts since I turned older in grade school, but my youngest sisters always wears pretty and adorable clothes. And she is the one who always turns on the charms at home. Of course, when I need something.. I can sneak my charms on.. Haha.
In the winter of my ninth grade school year, I was walking aroung with my friends wearing a school uniform and I got picked up by an agency. I am the living witness of a street casting. My first work was a commercial for a famous deodorant brand and I played a female student wearing a school uniform and glasses. My friends told me I looked like a different person and didn't recognize me in the commercial.
The money I had made up till now,  I saved it all and used it for my college tuition. I want to shop and wish I had bigger allowance, but I can't spend money like that. I have to open an installment savings account and prepare for the future.
When I was shooting the film "Bandhobi",  the producer gave me a book titled "The 880,000 Won Generation". I read it after I finished shooting the movie, and it scared me because I thought I could become outdated in the world if I don't keep myself alert. And I realized how lucky I was that I still have things I want to do and doing them step by step. Compared to people who don't even know what they want to do, I am a really happy person.
After I finished shooting "Bandhobi, I felt like I had graduated from school. I really learned and mastered a lot of things, and that one file changed many aspects of my life. In particular, I learned to be grateful to the crew after realizing that although everyone worked hard, it is only the actors and director who gets the spotlight. I will not forget this gratitude in the furure.photo111996.jpg
In school, I was very bad in gym class. They tell you to run on hot, sunny days and do the horizontal bars in the snowy winter. I don't even go skiing because I don't like to be cold and tired. But I am a naturally competitive person, so I got good grades on the bars. Haha.
When I have free time,  I usually watch movies or read books. I used to just read best-sellers that people said were entertaining but I try to read all kinds of classics these days. So I went out and bought the whole classics collection but it was still difficult to read them because I can't relate to them. To be honest, what I really like are essays. I like books by Monk Beop-jeong, Gong Ji-young and Paulo Coelho -- his novels are great, but I love his essay "Like the Flowing River". 
Even my family can't easily relate to my taste in movies. They tell me, 'Why does someone so young, like such movies?" I don't usually watch science fiction movies or romantic comedies because they are so unrealistic, so it is not easy for me to go see a movies with friends. When I was in high school, I once took a friend to see "Grbaviva" at [seoul's art film theater] CineCube and she dozed off during the movie. When she woke up, she told me, "Go to the theater by yourself from now on."
I am vey interested in world affairs. I read the international section in the newspaper every morning. What is happening in the world these days? There is a huge disaster. Some Israelis sneaked into Arab Emirates with fake passports and killed a high-raking Palestinian official. The Israeli Prime Minister could get an arrest warrant for this.photo111997.jpg
I like to watch current affairs TV programs since I was in elementary school. At one time, I even wanted to be a children's right activist. Even now, I still hope that I will be able to help a human rights organization and go volunteering overseas when I become more famous as an actress. 
Of course, I am interested in entertainment news as well. Especially when I was in high school, I used to take free newspapers from the subway and talk about it with my friends in the back of the classroom in between classes. You can get so much information from just reading those free newspapers. They were very useful. 
The most amazing thing that has happened since I became an actress is that I have my own fan cafe. Sometimes I drop by there and leave a message. I have a lot of older male fans and when I did a stage greeting for "Bandhobi", they made me banners, wrote fan letters and asked for my autograph. I was so happy.
Actually I am a little afraid. Because my first movie "Bandhobi" received such a great response, and many people thought I acted very well even though I'm not really a good actor. But I feel like I will get smaller if I keep being afraid so I decided to stop being scared. The director will lead me well - I am going to believe that and work hard.
Source: 10Asia. (March 11, 2010)

qnc6hyn5mgwqxeqs9w01jg1z53ad33ci.jpg

class="headline"The Cast of SBS Variety Show ‘Law of the City’ Leaves for New York

jc4cyj6nijjgnifa6t2n59yx3imbdx1n.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] The cast and crew of new variety show ‘Law of the City’ departed for their first mission city New York on April 1. 
‘Law of the City’ is SBS’ second ‘Law’ series following the first one ‘Law of the Jungle’. The show will show Korean celebrities’ survival story in an unfamiliar city, in which they learn different culture and encounter many difficulties like language problem, loneliness, and cultural conflict. 
‘Law of the City’, starring Jung Gyung Ho, royal Pirates’ Moon, Baek Jin Hee, Kim Sung Soo, and Lee Chun Hee, is set to premiere this April. (photo by bntnews DB)

Source

Baek Jin Hee Leaves "Empress Ki", after 38 episode
baek-jin-hee-leaves-empress-ki-and-gets-
Actress Baek Jin Hee is attracting attention after she said she's dropping out of "Empress Ki."
On the 38th episode of MBC Monday/Tuesday drama "Empress Ki" (script Jang Young Chul, Jung Kyung Joon, director Han Hee, Lee Sung Joon) broadcast on March 17th. Tanasili (played by Baek Jin Hee) received poison after her father Yeon Chul (played by Jun Guk Hwan) and brother Cha Do Hae (played by Cha Do Jin) died.
At this, through her management company, Baek Jin Hee said on March 17th, "Tanasili ends up leaving "Empress Ki". Thank you for all those who supported Tanasili until now."
Moreover is, "It's bittersweet to leave the piece. I was thankful to meet a great piece and actors. Of course there were parts that I look back on and regret but I was really happy to be with "Empress Ki" and expressed her opinions."
Meanwhile, after Baek Jin Hee left the scene, Lim Jon Eun playing the role of Banyanhoodoo will be the new rival of Ki Seung Nyang (played by Ha Ji Won).
Netizens responded to the news that Baek Jin Hee was dropping out of "Empress Ki", "Baek Jin Hee dropping out of Empress Ki, something was fun." "Baek Jin Hee, Empress Ki drop out, she acted great." "Baek Jin Hee, dropping out of Empress Ki, now what kind of evil character will there be?" "Baek Jin Hee dropping out of Empress Ki, she tortured her so much."
By Staff Writer, Mar 18, 2014
Source from kdramastars.com

After "Empress Ki", Baek Jin Hee will master "The Rules of the City"
baek-jin-hee.jpg?w=600
After giving viewers chills with her icy performance as Empress Tanasili, actress Baek Jin Hee is looking forward to presenting a warmer and kinder image.
The actress attracted national attention in her role as a merciless evil empress in "Empress Ki". But her villainous ruling days are over. Now that the character has been confronted with her many crimes and (spoiler alert) punished, the actress is preparing for her next career move.
When Tanasili met her end, the cast of 'Empress Ki' had a going away party. Fellow cast members Ha Ji Won, Ji Chang Wook and Joo Jin Mo celebrated Baek Jin Hee's contributions to the drama by raising a glass of champagne in her honor. Even though her departure means that Ha Ji Won's character now has a cleared pathe to the throne, her fellow actors were sorry to see her go. In the almost 40 episodes they worked together, the cast has grown closer.
"I had so much fun with my first villain role, but to be honest, playing the endlessly evil Tanasili was a handful," said Baek Jin Hee. "I'm happy to return to my own livelier personality."
Her next project will give her a chance to express more of her true nature. She will join a new SBS variety survival show titled "Rules of the City" which start April 1.
The show will be filmed in New York City.
Also appearing in the show are Jung Kyung Ho, Lee Chun Hee and Kim Sung Soo. It seems as if the players in this program have to survive on the streets of New York. And everyone who has ever lived in or visited New York knows that getting around can present its challenges.
Director Lee Ji Won who also directed "Rules of the Jungle", created this spin-off reality show. He waited for Baek Jin Hee to finish her "Empress Ki" role.
Before "Empress Ki", Baek Jin Hee appreared as Jong Mung Hyun in "I Summon You Gold." The 24-year-old actress is also known for her roles in the indie film "Bandhobi", and the comedies "Foxy Festival" and "High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged."
She was nominated for a 20's Booming Star award for her "I Summon You Gold" role at Mnet 20's Choice Award. She was nominated for Best Actress Awards for her "Foxy Festival" role at the Grand Bell and Blue Dragon Awards. Last year she won the Best New Actress Awards for her "Empress Ki" role at the MBC Drama Awards.
An actress who has accomplished so much in such a shortime is likely to ace "The Rules of the City."
By Julie Jones , Mar 17, 2013
Source from kdramastars.com

Baek Jin Hee to act opposite Kim Jae Joong and Im Si Wan in 'Triangle'  (01 April 2014 News)
62542002.jpg
Baek Jin Hee has been confirmed to appear in MBC's upcoming drama 'Triangle', acting opposite JYJ's Kim Jae Joong and ZE:A's Im Si Wan.
Baek Jin Hee's agency told Newsen on April 1, "Baek Jin Hee will be acting in Triangle. We have a high expectation for this good project."
"The first day of filming for Triangle has not been set yet," said the agency rep. "Since she left for America today to film SBS's new variety show The Laws of the City in New York, we will be adjusting the filming schedule once she returns to Korea."
Baek Jin Hee will be acting as the lead actress 'Oh Jung Hee', who receives the love of second brother Jang Dong Chul (Kim Jae Joong) and third brother Jang Dong Jun (Im Si Wan).
Triangle set to air in May is about three brothers, who have separated for over twenty years after their parents' death, reuniting again as brothers whilst striving to gain success and love.
Cr: MWave (Shared by: DBSKnights)
for those who don't know who is JaeJoong and Im Si Wan check it out in the Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQviBZp3eKMIv3kGfwR_Ze
Kim Jae Joong
im-siwan.jpg?w=600
Im Si Wan

@ChelseaS, I can't believe she will be filming Variety Show too and will be in drama with that handsome Im Si Wan. I haven't watch Empress Ki yet, but I believe she did great in Empress Ki so I have to catch up her drama :)

@LavenderP
I absolutely loved and hated her in Empress Ki. She made a villain so loveable. I'm still watching the show now, hanging on til the end despite the mess of the script. It's because of the cast that made me stay.

BJH with various Korean artiste and also athlete sing 'Beautiful World' for 'If Love Earth, take Action' Campaign to save Earth by Wisdomforfuture Foundation in Korea (Nov 2012)

Cr. uploader (TheWfoundation)
More than 60 celebrities took an action to save our Earth!
We are going to proceed 'If Love Earth, take Action' campaign to save Earth!
Please Join to save our planet!

We hope this song can help spread awareness about the urgency of protecting the environment so we can all take action by going green in our daily lives.

Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step!

We were college students at the beginning, but after days and months of gathering supporters, board of directors from various fields from other public to private entities; 
We finally established Wisdomforfuture Foundation ("W-Foundation") in May 2012,
W-Foundation is now a non-profit organization approved and registered by the Korean government, Ministry of Knowledge and Economy.

Our goal is simple; 'To Make The Better World for Everyone.' 
Our will is to promote better communication through empathy from just one-on-one to public interest issues. Our message will transcend boundaries of nations, races, ages, genders, religions, politics, and all.

Copyright owner of the the Music : Non-Profit Organization, Wisdom for Future Foundation

Email : bettercause@naver.com
Fax : +82-2-501-7059
Twitter : @w_foundation
Facebook : W-Foundation

Song : Beautiful World
Composed by il-Sang Yoon
Lyricist : Eun-Ha Choi
Singers : Insooni, JK, SungMo Joe, Rainbow, Secret, B.A.P, Yoari, MtoM, The One, Monsterz, Girls Day, Young-Hyun Lee
Actors : Soo-Jin Park, Yeo-Jeong Cho, Sung-Eun Kim, Hyo-Ju Park, Gung-Min Nam, Ki-Joon Um, Si-Yun Yun, Hyo-Rin Min, Chang-wook Ji, Hyun-Jee Lee, Jin Lee, Honey Lee, Hyung-Jun Kim, Jin-Hee Baek
Models : Jae-Hyeon Ahn, Hae-Na Song
Sports Stars : Nam-il Kim, Young-Jo Hwang, Bobae Ki, Jun-Hyck Yang, Hyun-Soo Kim

Archived