Differentiating between playing hard to get and not interested

Guest kguy08

how can you tell?
how can you tell if a girl is playing hard to get

or

just not into you?

and if she is playing hard to get, what can you do??

Guest peppermintsugar

Playing hard to get is annoying. It's a game, hence the term "playing." My advice would be to find a girl that doesn't want to play games and will just be straight forward and honest about what she does and doesn't want.

Playing hard to get is liek when a girl would flash a smile at you, touch you gently and moving away again; stuff like that.

Not interested; they just ignore you altogether I guess.

If she's playing hard to get, don't bother chasing her. You'll end up hurting yourself.

Guest peppermintsugar

Girls usually play hard to get because they want men wrapped around their finger; so they can be in control, so they can pull the puppet strings. It really isn't a good sign. You'll see.

im in the same situation. it is really hard to tell if someone's playing HTG or just isn't interested and is messing with you.

i think you should leave her alone and see how she reacts when you're not around her as much? if she really likes you then she will be the one to come after you. so don't leave her alone completely. maybe hang out once a week or so?

Guest witchery

If she were playing a game, she'd be deliberately employing tactics to draw further interest from you, because that's her main aim. If she's just not interested, then in everything she does she'd be trying to keep a distance and be constantly cold, unresponsive, etc. Whereas if she's game-playing (and is good at it) she'll know that too much distance is dangerous and she'll do something contrary to the previous messages to keep you guessing and hoping. I know it sounds kind of wishy-washy but if you feel like you're constantly receiving conflicting messages then it's more likely she's just playing, because it's intentional. Nonetheless if you've narrowed it down to those two alternatives then you probably shouldn't bother. If she likes playing games now how can you be sure she won't do it during the relationship?

I play hard to get because I've learned that most guys lose interest very quickly if you don't. It's annoying and I hate doing it but I personally blame other guys who played with me and took advantage of me because I was too "easy"

And no not being interested doesn't mean that they're cold or unresponsive. I'm nice to plenty of guys because I want to be friends with them.

Basically, there's no way to really know. It depends on the girl and how you guys act when you're together. If you really want to know, just ask her straight up.

I think I've worsened the situation by showing my cards

way too early.

It's sad to admit but her playing hard to get has really

piqued my interest.

Do you guys think a dose of aloofness is the way to go,

or should I be more direct?

If she's doing it right you won't be able to tell a difference. And people wonder why playing "hard-to-get" doesn't work, lol.

But either way, pursuing her seriously will not end well.

Guest lightangel

I play hard to get because I've learned that most guys lose interest very quickly if you don't. It's annoying and I hate doing it but I personally blame other guys who played with me and took advantage of me because I was too "easy"

And no not being interested doesn't mean that they're cold or unresponsive. I'm nice to plenty of guys because I want to be friends with them.

Basically, there's no way to really know. It depends on the girl and how you guys act when you're together. If you really want to know, just ask her straight up.

^this

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with playing hard to get. I mean I think it show that the girl is interest in you. I do it because I don't want to get hurt and I want the guy to know that I am not an "easy" girl. But deep inside I know I care about that person enough to even do these kind of stuff to spark that interest. I do it because I care. If I don't like the guy then I will straight up tell him that I don't. Like o1_b4by said most guys will lose interest if you don't play hard to get.

So I think if the girl do it because she is interest in you then I don't see the problem. But if she do it because she just want to play around then yes you don't have to be bother by those kind of girl.

Guest bonjour tristesse.

when girls play hard to get, its not as if they dont flirt anymore because they certainly do. when they're not interested, they just ignore you flat out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xflawlesseyes

LOL old-ish threeaaad .

uh , i think that usually if someone is playing hard to get ,

theyll do it around you , for example theyll be around where you are

but theyll pretend not to notice you .

whereas in the case of not being interested,

usually the person tries to avoid you completely .

uh yeah , well thats my opinion (:

Guest dafleur

Playing hard to get is annoying. It's a game, hence the term "playing." My advice would be to find a girl that doesn't want to play games and will just be straight forward and honest about what she does and doesn't want.

100% agree

why waste time on someone who plays these childish games? if it starts out like this, what do you think the rest of the relationship will be like?

Archived