Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Guest engot02

YEAH AYE?!

4 people .. sigh.

Oh well!

3 movies/dramas coming out right?

:D hopefully more people will come and support this gorgeous young (Even though hes older than me) man :P

Guest SillyYun

Can someone kindly translate for us these news? I think its about his Happy Life Movie:

뉴스엔]‘즐거운 인생’ 직접 노래한 장근석, 실제 가수 러브콜 폭발적 관리자 2007-09-03 7

2007년 8월 29일 (수) 13:30

영화 ‘즐거운 인생’ 주연배우 장근석에게 가수 러브콜이 빗발치고 있다.

장근석의 소속사 관계자는 29일 뉴스엔과의 전화통화에서 “장근석은 사실 ‘즐거운 인생’ 촬영 전부터 가수를 하자는 제의를 많이 받았다”며 “하지만 장근석은 아직 가수보다 연기만 하고 싶어한다”고 밝혔다.

활화산이라는 록그룹 이야기를 그린 영화 ‘즐거운 인생’(제작 영화사아침, 타이거픽쳐스)에서 젊은 피를 수혈한 장근석은 극중 수준급의 기타 연주와 노래 실력을 발휘하며 가수의 가능성을 시사했다. 장근석은 영화 속에서 자신이 직접 100% 연주와 100% 노래에 도전해 라이브 공연 역시 완벽하게 소화했다.

‘왕의 남자’ ‘라디오 스타’ 이준익 감독의 작품으로 관심을 모으고 있는 ‘즐거운 인생’은 가정을 가진 40대 중년 아버지들이 20년 전 3년 연속 대학가요제 탈락을 끝으로 해체된 록그룹 ‘활화산’을 재결성해 ‘즐거운 인생’을 되찾는 이야기를 그린다. 장근석을 비롯한 정진영 김윤석 김상호 등 주연배우들은 모두 처음부터 끝까지 직접 악기를 연주하고 노래를 불러 영화의 리얼리티를 더했다.

‘즐거운 인생’에서 메인 보컬 장근석이 부른 ‘터질거야’와 ‘즐거운 인생’ 등 주제곡은 벌써부터 휴대폰 벨소리와 컬러링 등에서 인기를 모으고 있다. 영화 ‘즐거운 인생’은 9월 13일 개봉된다.

홍정원 man@newsen.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

제목: [EPG]장근석, "윤도현의 러브레터" 출연 관리자 2007-09-03 19

2007년 8월 31일 (금) 06:27

영화 <즐거운 인생> (감독 이준익 | 제공 CJ엔터테인먼트 | 제작 ㈜영화사 아침 / 공동제작 ㈜타이거픽쳐스)의 주인공 정진영, 김윤석, 김상호, 장근석 네 배우가 지난 8월 28일 화요일, KBS ‘윤도현의 러브레터’ 녹화 현장에서 연주와 노래 실력을 선보였다.

영화 <즐거운 인생>은 혹독한 연습을 통해 배우들이 실제 라이브 연주와 노래를 해내 촬영 전부터 화제가 되었던 작품. 이번 KBS 윤도현의 러브레터 출연은 그 동안 갈고 닦은 연주와 노래 실력을 보여줄 수 있는 최초의 라이브 무대였다.

영화 속 락밴드 ‘활화산’으로 무대에 선 배우들은 <즐거운 인생>의 삽입곡인 ‘한동안 뜸했었지’와 ‘터질거야’를 직접 연주, 노래했다. 스크린에서만 보던 배우들이 무대에 오르자 관객들은 놀라움을 금치 못했고, 예상 외의 라이브 실력에 객석은 뜨거운 환호로 술렁였다.

현장에서 직접 배우들의 공연을 본 윤도현은 “아마추어 같지 않은 실력에 놀랐다. 영화를 위해 진짜 락밴드로 거듭난 배우들의 모습이 대단하다.” 며 토크를 시작했다. “오늘이 첫 무대인데, 생각보다 너무 떨린다.” 라는 정진영의 수줍은 고백에 관객들은 모두 격려의 박수를 쳐주었고, 이어지는 배우들의 솔직하고 재치 있는 입담에 공개홀 안은 웃음이 끊이질 않았다.

각자 좋아하는 노래를 한 소절씩 불러달라는 급작스러운 요구에 김윤석은 윤도현 2집에 수록된 노래 ‘바다’를 불렀고, 윤도현은 “아무도 알아주지 않았던 노래를 이렇게 불러주셔서 감사하다.” 며 고마움을 표시했다. 이에 질세라 김상호는 트로트 한 소절을, 정진영은 기타 연주와 함께 노래를 불러 관객들의 박수를 받았다. 또한 “활화산이라는 밴드 이름이 요즘 밴드 같지 않다.” 라는 물음에 ‘ACTIVE VOLCANO’ 라는 영어 이름도 있다고 장근석이 재치 있게 대답해 웃음이 터져 나오기도 했다.

“프로처럼 훌륭한 실력은 아니지만 열심히 노력한 결과를 보여드리고 싶었다.” 라는 배우들의 솔직한 고백이 이어진 윤도현의 러브레터 녹화 현장은 시종일관 화기애애하고 즐거운 분위기였다. 첫 라이브를 펼친 정진영, 김윤석, 김상호, 장근석의 모습은 8월 31일 밤 12시 15분에 KBS 2TV에서 확인할 수 있다.

[이피지 스타채널 박선연 기자(sunyeon@epg.co.kr)]

I think this news is about Yoon Do Hyun Love letter?

Guest SillyYun

New pics of Jang Keun Suk..More news coming up soon, im trying to translate some news..please go to first page to check out some updates

I know u girls are gonna scream at me..LOL too many pics haha never get enough of him

Pics credits from Jang Keun Suk Lobe, and dckeunsuk.u.to

-qergiadgjha.jpg

8.jpg

48481_b.jpg

cvb.jpg

epg.jpg

mdphoto.jpg

tg_s_gs_2.jpg

some fan did this haha on taewang sashingi

vv.jpg

gsgsgsgsgsssg.jpg

att.jpg

-1.jpg

j-147.jpg

j-151.jpg

omg he looks so prince charming in white!

j-152.jpg

Img249636465.jpg

f922017a.jpg

Wish the flowers were for me haha!

_IMG_0521.jpg

F5463-321.jpg

j-145.jpg

INKIGAYO 2nd September MC

SBS11070902HDTVXviD-WansoGyuleada.avi_000001201.jpg

SBS11070902HDTVXviD-WansoGyuleada.avi_000002736.jpg

SBS11070902HDTVXviD-WansoGyuleada.avi_000006339.jpg

SBS11070902HDTVXviD-WansoGyuleada.avi_000006873.jpg

SBS11070902HDTVXviD-WansoGyuleada.avi_000008641.jpg

SBS11070902HDTVXviD-WansoGyuleada.avi_000008842.jpg

SBS11070902HDTVXviD-WansoGyuleada.avi_000011011.jpg

Guest engot02

Sigh. I wish I could translate.

Him & Heechul <3 Gosh, theyre so hott.

LOL@ps'd pics.

:o he has a moustache?!

OMG, is that the latest pics of him? O.O

anyways, THANKYOU! THANKYOU!

--

does anyone have videos of him?

like his CF's? :D

--

AW THANKS FOR THE UPDATES ON FIRST POST!

great help :D

Guest inquinn

im using my sister's account..

shhhh..

hahaha.whatever it is, here goes my long first intro post. haha.

JANG GEUN SEUK IS A REAL HOTTIE!

ahahhaha. c'mon guys, let me share too ^ ^ lol.

anyway, same case for me.

i knew him from the drama lovers in prague and hwanjini.

i downloaded the performance of FT ISLAND, heechul n him singing reds go go, i think.

and then, i saw the name, Jang Geun Seuk! woo! i didn't know that he's an MC in SBS Inkigayo.

then, i watched the performance, i thought the MC happened to have the same name as hwangjini's JGS.

cos he changed SOOO MUCHH!

i couldnt recognize him. he was so cutie cutie last time, n now, he's the MAN! haha.

hahahhahaha. so it was him for real!

im pathetic for not recognizing him.

btw, thanks for the pics. sooo many pics.

and so the upcoming drama 'timeless' has been confirmed?

and what's his latest movie/drama after hwangjini. cos im so outdated. heh.

and yeah, he can sing? he can play guitar?

Guest SillyYun

wow im so happy welcome new friend! chingoo yaaaaa!

Engot: the cf link is in front page..i'll try to find some old ones.. he is currently doing ambassador for etude with go ah ra..i'll try to translate some news later.

to inquinn: yes i also too had the same thinking, i didnt know its him when he cut his hair and change so much..we love him, hes hot!

Timeless has not been confirm because theres so many coming up..

he will be in HAPPY LIFE movie..which is TOMORROW PREVIEW! and 13sept RELEASE! read first page..there will be drama hong gil dong coming up also..and some drama..

i'll try to translate the news 1 month old but not older than that..

yes he plays guitar, and he sings.. :) hes multi talented

please be patience cos im doing all the info alone, i need time to compile and search as u all know that JGS is hard to find his info T___T i'll try my best..im brushing up my korean, didnt touch for like a year..will try to help if i know any lol but the above news is really too hard haha..i only know one is for happy life and another for love letter LOL

he doesnt have moustache, its just sometimes maybe few days he din shave haha!

Guest engot02

ooo, yay! new poster in JGS thread <3

welcome welcome :D

ooo, hes multitalented<3333

i wish he was a singer too. like made albums and stuff.

:D

Guest SillyYun

September 6, 2007

Jang Geun Suk, "I'm living a 'Happy Life.'"

378_0.jpg

The movie 'Happy Life' directed by Lee Jun Ik draws the story of three normal men in their forties who reunite to form a rock band and rediscover their dreams. Amongst the three normal looking men with exceptional acting skills is one youthful and lively actor, Jang Geun Suk.

Jang Geun Suk who in the movie grew into an adult still had a hint of his youthful image in person.

While Director Lee Jun Ik's comment saying he restricted the screen time of Jang Geun Suk so female viewers wouldn't just focus on him, his charisma as the son of the former vocalist of the band Hyun Joon grabbed the heart of viewers with his good looks, picture perfect guitar skills, and surprisingly good vocals.

He takes on an important role as not just bringing youthful vibes to the movie but also as an important link between the older and younger generations.

Jang Geun Suk who says the question he received most after the movie's premiere was whether he really sang the song actually is experienced with two musical productions. Director Lee Jun Ik who was with us during the interview says, "It is like I am the child and Geun Suk is the adult," and nonetheless Jang Geun Suk's serious and skillful speech grasped my attention.

"Being so young, I contemplated a lot while acting Hyun Joon to be in more scenes. The scene using the restroom with senior Kim Sang Ho was one I created so the audience could better understand Hyun Joon. He tells me that I look the same as my father, and that is the moment I first picture the true father Hyun Joon never could understand before. I thought the audience would feel the fathers' love for their children through the scene."

Jang Geun Suk says the film shoot itself was a precious experience to him commenting, "All three of them were my mentors. They all live with their dreams. Having a lot or little money does not matter. They have the confidence and flexibility in regards to life not from being a star that everyone thinks of them as, but rather as ones who have achieved their dreams. They would practice all night, have a drink, and go out in slippers and grab something to eat."

He says the movie 'Happy Life' is one that asks, 'Are you living and doing what you want to do? Or are you living and doing what you have to do?' and that is the question that dominated his head throughout the filming.

"I started acting in middle school. It was my decision. Then one day I asked myself, 'Jang Geun Suk, are you happy right now?' and realized I was climbing stairs with no particular goal and no composure. I asked around about what a happy life is and asked my seniors as well. Of course there is not right answer, but thankfully I have found a little bit of composure in myself. And now I can enjoy things, at least to the point I can smell the scent of fall outside of the window." He seemed to be quite pleased in learning something priceless from Director Lee Jun Ik and the three other senior actors.

The movie features a father who works day and night to pay for private lessons and education for a talented son, and a father who sends off his child and wife abroad to study but ends up facing a divorce. They all live amidst self-gratification, or excuses, saying it is all for their children, and this is not much different from parents in the real world today.

I asked Jang Geun Suk who is still in the position of being a parent's child what he wanted from his parents. He says that his parents, while not fully approving when he said he wanted to act, supported him by telling him to do what he wanted to do.

"Are children truly happy when they achieve the social status their parents want them to? They all just go towards the one goal forgetting whether it was the parent's dream or the child's dream. I wish parents would trust their children and let them pursue what they want to. If only they could understand that children wander in their youth not because they don't know what to do, but they are struggling and trying hard to find what fits them. I believe everything is about the 'trust' between the parent and child."

In that sense, he says, "The movie 'Happy Life' can serve to be a meaningful opportunity to reflect on life with all the fantasies and reality barriers set aside between a father and son."

Jang Geun Suk is also chasing a dream.

"I became known through commercials and the sitcom 'Nonstop.' Until then I wasn't really an actor. If anything, I was an entertainer with a cute image. But after 'Nonstop' ended and I saw the spotlight that was on me shifting immediately to another person, I fell into a slum. And not being admitted to the college I wanted at the time put me at a loss of what to do. Fortunately, I was cast in two musicals and I was able to be satisfied seeing myself on a large stage. And I think I was able to become known as an actor through the drama 'Hwangjiny,' and I can feel more of that through the movie 'Happy Life.' But this is not my final destination."

He restlessly spoke about his dreams.

"I don't believe myself to be an adult yet. I still have a mind that is not quite yet fully matured. But I hope people who meet me can become closer as a person and respect and trust me."

Then what would be the image of an 'actor' Jang Geun Suk be?

"I want to be pure. Whether I become 40 or 60, I want to be a humble actor who doesn't loses passion. I am extremely happy right now by just being able to act."

He is a young actor who is experiencing a pleasant growth period.

Source: BROASIA.com

http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=378

thanks to rubie

Guest SillyYun

More Jang Geun Suk's pics..Credits pics from dckeunsuk

20070907MW085016499238_b.jpg

20070907MW0850164992381_b.jpg

d19e8e66.jpg

I like this pic alot!

346f86f6.jpg

a328823d.jpg

and this pic too haha~

1.jpg

65e8ff69.jpg

kd_gs_4.jpg

Geun suk in Hong Gil Dong

M0040020_pl5_601016W600-.jpg

sweetlife_1.jpg

hes so hot even when hes smoking

ts03.jpg

heres a sneek:P

f0caf975.jpg

JANG.jpg

20070620_OST0346352.jpg

20070830_kbs_09.jpg

1137814345_023.png

20070903185103_928_0.jpg

aaa.gif

ed01.jpg

Leviseco.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Guest engot02

YAY! thanks for the translations.

the movie sounds very intersteing.

so its already out?

i wanna watch it :D

Is it just me or most of the new pictures not working? :(

Maybe its just me ... cos my internet is such a lagger :P T___T

But thanks for the pics anyways!

The ones I see are hotcuteadorablesexyEVERYTHING<3

thankyoumuch<3

Guest SillyYun

the pics work, theres too many pics, u have to right click>Show pictures to load it :(

its only me and u :(

the movie will release on 13 sept..u can refer to front page updates..please go there to read

Guest SillyYun

welcome me&u and Yangchild!

im glad theres more ppl coming in! im so happy haha~should come more often..we might even end up doing something nice for him!

Guest chipotle2104

Ah...he's gotten so much hotter since his orange and nonstop days....I want to see Happy Life just for him...XD

He and Heechul make the best pair of MCs...What else is he doing now?

Guest SillyYun

Updates updates! Last night 3AM kr time, geun suk just updated his pics! heres what i share:

Wow haha i wonder how come he doesnt get fat eating cake and coffee O_O

IMG_9898_04471.jpg

IMG_9912_07954.jpg

IMG_9913_17954.jpg

IMG_9914_27954.jpg

he looks so hot even with casual pics! thats y theres so many companies looking for him in modelling! HES SO ADORABLE!

more of Jang Geun Suk pics: Credits dckeunsuk

_.gif

3bc3e4e9.gif

100_16171.jpg

-55_08349.jpg

image12.png

IMG_13077061.jpg

_-1.gif

Happy Life pics:

P0000006_peo61910S515430.jpg

P0000010_peo61902S515430.jpg

P0000013_peo61911S515430.jpg

lovers in prague:

prague06_02.jpg

prague07_02.jpg

star_257.jpg

Hong Gil Dong pics

kd_gs_8.jpg

hkd_gs.jpg

more pics:

01.jpg

7b2f1f08.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

34.jpg

070905_1.jpg

i like this pic

070905_2.jpg

070905_3.jpg

070905_4.jpg

070905_5.jpg

Ooo yay! new posters! WEEEEEEEEEEE :D

OMG !! Imagine sitting with JGS on that nice day ! it'd be perfect :D

Ooo, I want that cake! hahah. I see smoke though ><!

The gifs <33

The finger flicking thing! thats so cute. (first gif)

He is .. omg, i'm in love. haha.

Haha@pic with goara. cute. I thought JGS already had a really small face .. look at Ara! omg. so jealous ><

Happy Life pics!

How adorable :D I want those balloons!

He just stands out more :P

I like what hes wearing with the checkered pants XP

I want the scarfy thingy!

Not everyone can pull that look off .... :D

THANKYOU SillyYun :D

Guest SillyYun

i think geunsuk really good in dressing up..he knows what to wear when hes feeling lazy or having bad hair day~ :P hes really good sense of dressing! I like his style alot..HE IS SO OUR DREAM GUY! i like him smoking haha he looks bad guy LOL like those racer LMAO! ok haha im insane..heres more pics on Inkigayo..most recent ones with heechul ssi:

Pics credits dckeunsuk

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-13.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-15.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-18.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-19.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-20.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-21.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-22.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-23.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-24.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-25.jpg

2007-09-09-SBS-GY-26.jpg