Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

[Korean Entertainment News] "Asia Prince Jang Keun Suk is changing his images"
Summary about Suk: 
The reporter talks about actors who have changed their images, and Suk is one of them and that he had a flower boy image before.
Jang Keun Suk (at Daebak press con.) says something like: "This is my first work as an actor in his thirties, and I want to try something new."
The reporter mentions that he filmed sageuk again after 8 years and changed his image. That lady at 0:38 says that his popularity outside Korea is steady. Nothing is changed. Since he has a good image he can get away with a lot of things, she says.

Eng trans: Zoe Jks(ECI)

Jang Keun Suk to emcee SBS awards ceremony again in 7 years

2016 SBS Drama Awards Festival slated for Saturday, calling the network TV channel “a place like home.”

Jang had also emceed for the awards ceremony seven years ago. 

13281968753_e5b0c6cbe8_o.jpg

“It is my pleasure to return to a place like home to me,” said the 29-year-old. 

He also showed anticipation at co-hosting the ceremony with comedian Lee Hwi-jae and Minah of Girls’ Day. 

The year-end ceremony will kick off at 9 p.m. on Saturday at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Seoul. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612251735239671330_2

• Like 1

[ Article ] Jang Keun Suk, being appointed as MC for "2016 SBS Drama Awards" for the 1st time in 7 years, revealed his great excitement

Jang Keun Suk, being appointed as MC for "2016 SBS Drama Awards" said, "I am very excited."

Jang Keun Suk will co-host "2016 SBS Drama Awards" to be broadcast on December 31st at 8:55pm (The original text says at 9:00pm but 8:55pm is correct.) with the other two co-hosts, Min Ah from "Girl's Day" a girl group and Lee Hwi-jae and they will close 2016 with the show.

Jang Keun Suk, the Prince of Asia who showed charismatic performance in the drama "Daebak ~ fateful moments ~" this year and gained a reputation as well, was once appointed to host "2009 SBS Drama Awards" and displayed his outstanding ability as MC.  On his second appearance on stage as MC this year, Jang Keun Suk revealed his frank feelings toward assuming the responsibility.

89204762e70fa33e13fa573aac0ba49c.jpg

Jang Keun Suk said, "I am very excited to emcee '2016 SBS Drama Awards' for the 1st time in 7 years since 2009.  Because SBS is just like my spiritual home, I am particularly happy to emcee the show."

Regarding his own great success as MC for "Produce 101" at the beginning of this year Jang Keun Suk said with laughing, "At that time I heard I was emceeing the show as if I were an AlphaGo.  Since it was a live TV show, I was very nervous.  I never thought viewers described me in that way."  Although he himself was very nervous on the stage, he did his best and cared about participants who were also very nervous.  His sincere, good performances resulted in leaving favorable impressions on many fans.

"Thanks to Min Ah and Mr. Lee Hwi-jae, the other two co-hosts for this upcoming SBS Drama Awards I feel by far more at ease," Jang Keun Suk said.  Then he continued looking back again on his latest drama, "I feel as if I had acted in 'Daebak' only yesterday but it has already passed almost 1 year."  He finished his talk with the following message for the viewers, "I will see you soon again in a new, good drama.  Thank you very much."

cre: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003452976, naver

Eng trans: @marchneko-chan

• Like 1

[Video] Macau short film viewing full 20min_20161209

Qn2: Fiction vs documentary
JKS: I personally acted in the documentary. I did not act in the fiction. As I was focusing on directing, so it’s a production that presented different areas to the audience.

Qn3: About “The Great Legacy” – the direction JKS wants to go if he venture into filming?
JKS: Actually when I am producing a film I focus on directing. I see many things that I previously didn’t. Especially since I am an actor myself, what I chat with the actors in the short film on topics about acting and directing. I felt really blessed.

Qn4: How would you direct the actors (in the short film)?
JKS: Well, with regards to presentation of the character, there may be differences between what the director and actor thinks. Through multiple discussions, it helps to narrow the gap and everyone puts in effort to make this possible. I once again learnt the difficulty of being a director. And an actor is an amazing role in creating something from nothing.

Qn5: Will the next film be a fiction or documentary?
JKS: ~answered in English~

Qn6: As an actor, what type of roles would you like to challenge next?
JKS: I wish try out something that I have not done thus far. Like action films.

Qn7: MC asked JKS thoughts on IFFM and there is any films or directors that he would recommend
JKS: Firstly to be invited as the ambassador in the First International Film Festival of Macau I feel really honored. What’s most amazing is, not just our country. I could interact with people from over the world. In this aspect I felt it’s the most meaningful part of this IFFM and most important thing is
I am here as a director and not an actor, so I feel really honored.

Qn8: what prompted JKS to film in his elementary school?
JKS: I have always acted in front of the camera. I am very curious about the other side of the camera. So using the memory as a foundation, I hope to reflect on my own memory through the camera.

Qn9: In the next film, will JKS film something he is familiar with or venture into something different?
JKS: The film that I made now is a reflection of my personal memory. Actually through documentary film, the message I wish to convey is not just limited to this short film, but is seen through other films too. Documentary in comparison to fiction can better reflects one’s experience. This is important.

Original source: YOUKU
English translation: Hazy from ECI

Spoiler

Eels Q&A session: 2 of 4 questions were done in English, so only translated the rest of 2.
[1]
eel: Shall I use Chinese or English?
translator: Both ok
eel: Hello JKS, I am eel from HK
JKS: Hello (in Cantonese)
eel: The first short film is too short. How did the male lead know the pin to the ATM in the end?
JKS: This is a little tough to comprehend. It’s easier if you understand Korean, but maybe when translated it may mean differently. Actually the name of the male lead’s dad has similar connotation to some numbers.

[2]
male eel: 긴장 ginjang (Nervous in Korean)
JKS: 긴장
male eel: very very…err… I love you… forever
JKS: yeah I love you man
MC: do you have a question to ask?
Translator: do you have a question, it’s ok to speak in Mandarin
male eel: ok I will use Mandarin. Actually I felt the movie earlier on talks more about the father, and we as audience felt like a family to him too. The feeling I get through the father is as though he is my family.
MC: so do you have a question?
male eel: well… question… no

• Like 1

[News] 2017 Happy Valentine Day LOTTE HOTEL JANG KEUN SUK fan meeting in Seoul

Jang Keun Suk is going to hold ‘2017 Happy Valentine Day LOTTE HOTEL JANG KEUN SUK fan meeting in Seoul’ for Japanese travelers (or those who are living in Japan). According to the announcement website, the fan meeting seems to be held on February 18th, 2017 at a venue in Seoul.

31899494725_478ba7da7e_z.jpg

http://entame.knt.co.jp/2017/jangkeunsuk/

Jang Geun-Suk to host SBS Drama Awards for first time in 7 years
Jang Geun-Suk is hosting the SBS Drama Awards for the first time in 7 years.

He's hosting the event that's coming up on December 31st along with Minah from Girl's Day.

The last time he hosted for the SBS Drama Awards was in 2009.

Jang Geun-Suk said, "SBS is like home. I heard I was like an Alaphago when I hosted the Mnet "Produce 101". I was nervous because it was live".

24415415764_b7d8be0bd9_z.jpg

http://www.hancinema.net/jang-geun-seok-to-host-sbs-drama-awards-for-first-time-in-7-years-101842.html

Actor Jang Keun Suk had a great year in 2016, having done excellent jobs in variety shows as well as acting! 
Summary: He was quite active in Korea this year: He acted in Daebak, showed an outstanding ability as MC for Produce 101, and revealed his new aspects as an ordinary lad in My Ear's Candy, showing his skillful cooking as well as his loneliness which brings himself closer to viewers. 
Among is variety of performaces this year the most brilliant was his challenging acting in Daebak. 
He ate a living snake, which was likened to Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Revenant." This movie brought Leonardo Oscars, which had been his long‐cherished dream. Now viewers are really interested in finding whether Jang Keun Suk will be able win any awards in his acting in Daebak.

0ea7c4f8f6d16dcd75aa21dfed0a92ad.jpg

cre: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003453899

Eng trans: Marchneko-chan

[Eng Sub][Section TV] Jang Keun Suk ate snake for acting! 20161211 

Spoiler

0:07 In "Daebak" lead actor JKS
0:10 Recently, there is this trend saying, if there is an actor with exceptional acting skills
0:14 if i can choose someone like this, someone with life acting skills, someone who can express himself this way
0:20 That person will definitely be JKS
0:22 With his unbelievable acting skills, eating a live snake!
0:27 in fact in 1991, i still remember now, actor Choi had a scene of eating a snake
0:35 holding the live snake with his bare hands
0:38 no one has dared to take up scenes of eating a live snake for the past 25yrs except for JKS
0:43 i've tried to compare these 2 scenes closely
0:45 Actor Choi's snake is thick and big
0:48 JKS's snake is smaller but it is a poisonous snake!
0:51 It was filmed after removing the poison and fangs of the snake
0:57 As the snake's skin was tough the scene was only completed after a couple of NGs
1:07 You can just tell from the acting that the 30yr-old JKS is so focus in his work
1:14 There is also a scene where he was buried in mud, it is already uncomfortable with usual mud
1:19 In that scene, he is even buried up to his neck in wet mud
1:27 For JKS till date, this series "Daebak" is his representative work
1:32 There is also a scene where he fell into a dump-pit for the olden days, crawling out of it
1:39 It is of course not a real dump-pit, but no matter which scene, there is really nothing you can complain about his acting
1:49 What i focus the most is...actually there was a period when JKS has alot of antis
1:50 There were also alot of bad remarks about him, but for his acting in "Daebak", their comments were
1:55 "looking at his sincerity in acting, let's stop criticizing JKS!"
2:00 Naturally, he managed to clear all bad comments, which has also encouraged his fans