Olive Skin Tone

Guest Hearted

Guest Lilith1430282444

I have an olive skin tone and I can say that CORAL lips look absolutely gorgeous with an olive complexion! Red looks good too but can sometimes be overpowering, whereas coral appears more young and flirtatious--at least in my opinion. With that you can apply some light pink/coral blush to add some life to your cheeks. It is really a good combination for olive skin girls. I would avoid lighter shades like nude and light pink simply because they clash with our skin. Nude just looks bland in my opinion and light pink hardly shows and can appear purple at times. I guess nude lips would work if you're into the tan look because it makes skin appear much more tan. 
In terms of clothing, I find that neutral colors like black, white, and navy look the best. However I've been experimenting with wearing colors out of my "range" so to speak, and I think colors like mint and yellow can look equally as good! Purple is also a color a lot of my friends say looks good on me. 
Hyori has a kind of dark olive complexion and looks cute wearing any color :] images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbublm5W-TmLpiHiaHXrpimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4b1rNk1p3F9L1Tn9mMSXimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiCszzRq7vZImqvVYwJ0Zimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcScpY3VteSwuRx76XiB9OYimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0VkJDjhFDELLwmRg4M4F
I think it matters a lot about the makeup and face, not just complexion. Also, to brighten up our skin, lightening hair to an auburn or reddish shade may help because that makes us appear less dull at times. As you can see in all the pictures, Hyori's hair is dyed a lighter shade and it makes her look really good. She looks better wearing bright colors with lighter hair than dark in my opinion. 
Since her skin is pretty tan, it just shows how versatile you can be even if you have an olive complexion. She can wear every color and pull it off and look hot. Just have to do it the right way with the right hair/makeup. :] 

Guest doctornasty

You guys shouldn't worry much about skin tone, make use of what you got. OR you can bleach or tan your skin which would be expensive...

Guest peachkiss.

from your picture you don't seem very dark and you're very pretty too ! i personally prefer fairer type of skin too, but i think tanner skin tones look nice on and suit girls who do have it (:

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

I'm olive skinned as well! I have really pale milky skin with yellow-olive undertones tones. That's what I get for being a mix of Nordic and Sicilian. XD But I really like the combo a lot!

Honestly, I don't have a problem with eyeshadow colors. But matching up lipstick and blush can be tricky. Honestly, I find pastel pink colors look really nice on me. I always make sure I get more of a coral shade than a straight pink, but they look really nice with my skin shade and compliment my skin tone. Blush isn't quite as tricky, but I like to use muted pinks.

However, finding a good foundation is a nightmare!!! I'm too pale for most foundations. And when I do find a really pale foundation, it usually has pink undertones because it's made for the majority of Caucasians who are light skinned. White people tend to look REALLY pink when pale because typically they have thinner skin than someone who isn't white. There are exceptions to that, obviously(me, for example).  Either that, or it has a really glaringly orange undertone! Ewww... Before I would either have to buy foundation with the wrong undertone and deal, or splurge on a brand with a more wide array of colors and undertones to choose from. Lately I've been wearing BB creams, though. I LOVE THEM! I like skin79 VIP gold and Missha perfect cover #13. :)

Guest leelee.

I found this blog post about an Asian girl with fair/light skin and olive under tones and I thought it was really helpful, so it may be of use to you too. :)http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2010/01/undertones-for-asians-how-to-tell-if.html
Here's a quote from the blog about olive tones that I thought made sense (of why it's so hard to find flattering colors and such):
"So remember folks, olive is NEITHER cool nor warm, but it can be EITHER, because it just means that you have both undertones in your skin. Thus, if you are olive, depending on the depth of your skintone, you can be cool, warm, or neutral!"

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but I think some of you are confusing "olive" skin as being a medium-tan color or with just being yellow toned. 

Olive skin is different from a yellow toned complexion in that it has a green cast which is where "olive" comes from. Coral makes olive skin look dull/muddy due to too much warmth.(a true olive tone has a mix of warm and cool tones, yellow&green.)  

Red hair would make a true olive complexion look sallow and either washed out or really green depending on how dark or light the red is

People with olive skin can range from very fair to very deep. "Olive" doesn't mean a specific skin color it's a tone. 

People are either neutral-olive(a beige undertone with a green cast) or yellow/golden-olive. (Yellow undertoned with a green cast) 

A good olive color would be MACs Studio Fix powder in shades C30, C35, C40. The normal NC range is more yellow with some beige and the C shades with one digit (C1, C2, C3 etc) are yellow with small amount of pink. They kind of look a bit peachy. 

Makeup forever HD foundation in "123 Desert" is a pretty good medium-olive shade too compared to the "127" which is just golden. 

Olive skin tends to be more common in Mediterranean and South Asians 

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2010 at 6:50 PM, Hearted said:

flattering?

Alright, I have an olive skin tone and I find most products/colours/etc do not go well with me. Or the ones I'm interested in. I get pretty sad because pastel and light pinks aren't really for me (as so other atricles say.) For others out there who are olive skin toned, any help? What would you reccomend to flatter your skintone. Another question am I on the lighter side of olive skin tone or the medium side? I really like a fair complexion because you can pair it with light pastel colours and such. Anyway around it with an olive tone? Or am I wrong? One last question, do you think olive skin tone is flattering? I mean, personally I'm into the paler/fair look rather than the tanned look anymore. So, my answer for that would be not so much, unless someone wants to prove me otherwise, that olive can look flattering other than being tanned.

Thanks in advance~

I've searched for another topic like this, but none came up except a What is my Skintone topic, but I think that is another story.

I am also olive skintoned. I am very glad to be this color because I can wear maroon right through to purple, pale yellow through orange and red and pale blue, navy through to electric blue. I keep clear of pale pink but I can wear white and black but not grey unless I add a strong colored scarf oh and I wear all the greens well but can only wear khaki for trousers/skirts and I totally stay away from brown and beiges.

Archived