exercise?

Guest dodo

=big big muscles?
Hey I've been doing cardio for about 2 weeks now and I think my legs have increased in size? With muscle mass =( and its really gross cuz instead of getting a slim toned look, its starting to look like a big drumstick. So does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I just want to lose weight/ tone up, not like gain muscles for a marathon or something.

Guest ITS VIVIAN! =D

well, i don't think you can do anything about it...because when im in track...most of the girls have big calves from running..including me as well...(kinda)

Guest hunny

if u did treadmill, did u run long-distance or short distance?

if u did a short distance, no wonder u'll get drumstick.

and if u did long distance, oh well, the first few weeks will be thicker than wad u have originally, but in the long run, it'll get toner and smaller

Guest TANNY*

hunny: that's quite i interesting and now that you mension it, I think it's true.

I remember when I started to work out, my calves grew bigger ... probably because there's muscle & fat. After a while my calves slimmed down, probably because the fat was burned off.

Guest WitchGoddess

It depends on what type of activity you are doing. If you do endurance, then chances are that you will slim down and tone up. I suggest running for a long distance or jump rope for a long time.

Guest DumboEphant

You have to exercise based on your suitable rate. For eg, your maximum speed is 10km/h but you ran 12km/h instead. This would not tone your body but instead, it would build up muscles.

Er, get what I mean? :P

Guest PizazzPizza88

^how do you know your suitable rate? :X

awwww i need to start exercising again because i have time in the summer

hmm whats a good amount of time to run? 10 mins too short? so like 30mins to 1hr ? how many kms you recommend?

Guest HtyPotter

cardio won't really burn away calories that fast. Chances are you're not losing fat, but you might be gaining lean muscle UNDERNEATH the fat, so it appears like you're getting bigger in the short term

Guest hunny

Before u run, do some light cardio for 20 min to increase your heart rate first.

According to those health thing, it takes 15-20 minutes to start burning ur fats. SO, if u run like crazy for 20 min without warmup, it's kinda useless. So, remember to do light cardio for warm up:)

Den do your jog!

I think 5km is good enough to be counted as long-distance.

But for beginners with no stamina, start with 1.5km or so. Don't rush yourself:) It takes time.

Guest MOONA

well, thats what happened to me when i first started running long distance, then after a while they got slim...

Archived