Straightening Perm, VANCOUVER

Guest XTINE__

Guest XTINE__

any good places?
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting a Straightening/Japanese perm and yeahh..

Anybody know of any good places in Vancouver? Or in Richmond or what not?

Or anyone wanna share their personal experiences at any certain places in the area?

Guest PapayaSeed

I used go to Chura on West Hastings (haven't been there in awhile though). I'm not sure if they have japanese ion straightening/perming but their haircuts were better than lots of others that I had before. It's also run by Japanese if that matters..

Guest misswa

Same here, my cousin had it done last January and till now her hair's still straight...although it costs much but I think it will be worth it...but sorry I live in Hawaii.

Guest cococookie

i want to get my hair straightened too. theres so many hair salons in vancouver..Does anyone know the price range there?

My hair is pretty long, like chest length.

Guest minwoo012

^ i've asked around a lot of places for straightening.

For me my price range was 200-500$...

but then again i have thick hair, but its only shoulder length...

ahah.. i guess it depends on where you go~~

i think air in aberdeen would be good for japanese straightening.. ahah.. but thats the only japanese saloon i know xD<3

Guest lisako

i'm pretty sure korean places do good jobs at straightening... and aren't expensice... i THINK. some places are, some aren't.

ask your parents if you guys have the "korean yellow pages" its not actually called that, but that's what it is. its basically the yellow pages w/ korean stores and stuff for the vancouver area. its really usefull. lol

just look up hair salons, or if you don't have it then i could look up some places in your area.

Guest morgan.de.toi

Air at Aberdeen is pretty good from what i've heard.

Also, there's this asian place in Continental Plaza where I went once, and they were pretty good too.

but i forgot their name ><

Prices for straightening have been dropping now....

when it first came out it was expensive

they should range from 120-300.

anything above is not worth it.

it grows out in 1/2 year anyway.

Guest tru__minute

there's a really good korean salon down at joyce, called joyce salon or something.. it's awsome :D not sure about the pricing though.

Guest malicious_

yeah.. chura is pretty good.. and joyce.. the hair salon near joyce station =) they have pretty good prices ^___^

Guest ix3katz

for air hair salon...it all depends on which hairstylist you get...

my haircut there was ok but it looked like she dind't cut it LOL.

im not sure about straightening though

but do NOT go to the one at parker place....that one sucks...big time

Guest cystaltears

i did mine a long time ago at hanson salon located on victoria... the price was ok($180 i have very long hair).. perm lasted forever..but i jus didnt like them.. lol

i would recommend red hill cuz they were actually the first salon in vancouver to do hair straightening... they're pretty good... but i havent tried it..most people do it at red hill cuz they have a reputation of hair straightening..but i dunno..

i would jus recommend you to buy a good straightener online...thats what i did ($170)...not only can the straightener straighten ur hair is also curls your hair.. so u dont have the same boring straight hair everyday... go check this website for good straighteners..

www.follica.com

there's a really good korean salon down at joyce, called joyce salon or something.. it's awsome :D not sure about the pricing though.

Yup, I go there, like it! I like Annie (I think her korean name is Anh Hee or Hui or something). I've never gone there for straightening and other such services but I see many going there for the straightening, colour and digital perm. Avoid going weekend afternoons.

Aoi salon specializes in Japanese straightening. It's really expensive though.

Guest YUNA!

a friend is a hair professional~

i think his salon is called Hair Show or something

but do you know hwere Richmond Sushi is?

it's in that ilttle complex area.

he's REALLY GOOD and REALLY FUNNY. haha. just thinking of him makes me laugh == .

if u want the # i can give it to u^^ just pm me~

Archived