[Variety] Win Win 승승장구

Guest lucky_moon

Guest adikkeluangman

Why didn’t Lee Ki Kwang debut under JYP?

On the latest episode of KBS2TV’s “Win Win,” Park Jin Young (JYP), the main guest of the show, revealed the reason as to why he didn’t debut B2ST’s Lee Ki Kwang during his trainee days under JYP Entertainment.

Park Jin Young revealed, “Ki Kwang was outstanding in both singing and dancing, and the reason why he didn’t debut was because he knew this fact himself.”

Lee Ki Kwang, being the supporting MC of the show, tilt his head in curiosity and Park Jin Young continued, “In order to strive to be more and become something greater, you can’t be satisfied with your singing and dancing… but Ki Kwang already was good at singing and dancing.”

Nevertheless, he also added, “But, I heard these days that he is the hardest worker amongst artists, I’m proud of him.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/why-didnt-lee-ki-kwang-debut-under-jyp

Park Jin Young reveals his feelings about divorce and love-life

On the 21st, Park Jin Young (or better known as JYP) made a guest appearance on KBS2TV’s Win Win.

During the episode, the topic about his divorce popped up. For those who don’t remember, the “Asian Soul” was involved in a heartbreaking divorce with his wife after 16 years of marriage. As a question about the matter was asked, he carefully answered, “Whether it be good things or bad things, talking about such a topic is a bit rude for that person. Since it hasn’t been long since it happened, I still feel hurt.”

The MC, Kim Seung Woo then asked, “When do you think you’ll be able to love again?”, which Park Jin Young answered, “I would like to start anytime… but dating won’t be easy at all. I’m thinking that I will be in a relationship next year, however, I will only meet someone who relates very well to me. I still dream of fate.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/park-jin-young-reveals-his-feelings-about-divorce-and-love-life

Park Jin Young is unable to forgive Jay Park

Public interest in the Park Jin Young and Park Jaebeom story doesn’t appear to be waning any time soon, as it was brought up again during the former’s appearance on KBS 2TV’s “Win Win.”

As allkpop has previously reported, the filming of this episode drew much attention earlier this month after questions regarding Jaebeom were unexpectedly brought up during the recording, catching Park Jin Young offguard. He later posted a formal apology on the JYPE website.

The JYP Entertainment producer was asked for his thoughts on Park Jaebeom’s exit, to which he carefully responded, “Our company has already released an official statement, what more is there to say? To say anymore, when the bright futures of so many young people are involved...”

He said, “It’s a mistake he made when he was young, and he debuted at a young age. They’re mistakes anyone at that age could make, but because he was a public figure, it’s unfortunate. At a young age, he had popularity and honor, and to have something like that explode, I could never forgive him.”

“I was forced to choose between protecting that young child, or deceiving the public. If I were to cover at least some of it and protect the child, it’s possible I wouldn’t have to deceive them, but if the situation were to exacerbate, it is only Jaebeom that gets hurt when the public finds out the truth,” he concluded.

Netizens commented, “Park Jaebeom is not even a part of your company, stop talking about him,” “If you really were to protect him, you wouldn’t even speak of his name on shows like this,” and “Park Jin Young, is that really the best you could do?”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/park-jin-young-is-unable-to-forgive-jay-park

Park Jin Young provides some behind-the-scenes stories from “Dream High”

Singer and producer Park Jin Young revealed his thoughts on making his first acting debut through “Dream High” while on KBS 2TV’s “Win Win.”

Regarding his first script reading, he revealed, “At first, it was okay, but my mind blanked out when it got to my turn. And then I ran to the bathroom and found out that my whole body was drenched in sweat. The director later told me that I was shaking during the reader. It was embarrassing for me to look at Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Suzy and JOO, since the kids I scolded were watching me.”

When asked whether ‘acting senior’ Taecyeon gave him any tips prior to the script reading session, he answered, “He told me to act comfortable like usual.”

Continuing on the focus of “Dream High,” MC Kim Seung Woo asked the producer to reveal any hidden stories behind the ongoing drama filming.

Park Jin Young started, “I just wanted to produce a drama, I had no plans of acting in it. I drafted a project proposal and got it checked over by the CEO. He liked it, so I submitted it to some producers.”

Afterward, he received a love call from Bae Yong Joon, allowing him to take one step closer to realizing his drama production dream.

“I was satisfied just co-producing as the director of music and choreography, but representatives of KBS suggested I play the role of a teacher. I contemplated it, and a lot of people encouraged me, saying that I just needed to deliver as much as I did for the ‘Nobody‘ music video. I went back to look at the video and thought that I didn’t do too bad (if I do say so myself).”

Regarding his friendship with Bae Yong Joon, he revealed, “I first met him with one of the writers. The writer asked if we had any specific plots we wanted and Yong Joon replied that he didn’t. I got so excited, I started blabbing on and on for an hour. I later asked Yong Joon why he didn’t say anything and he said, ‘I wanted to see what the writer had to say first.’ His reply was so mature, I was really embarrassed of myself.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/park-jin-young-provides-some-behind-the-scenes-stories-from-dream-high

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Tae Hwan confesses that 2NE1’s Dara is his ideal woman

Olympic swimming athlete Park Tae Hwan confessed that 2NE1’s Dara was his ideal woman while on KBS 2TV’s “Win Win.”

Park revealed, “I like older women as opposed to younger women. My ideal woman is a sweet woman I randomly saw while attending a concert: Sandara Park.”

Dara made an appearance on the show as a ’surprise guest’, which immediately caused Park to fidget out of nervousness. She then asked Park, “Why do you like me?”

The athlete truthfully answered, “You’re petite and cute, and your outgoing personality appeals to me.”

When asked what he would do if Dara asked him to teach her how to swim, he replied, “It’d be an honor! I wouldn’t take pay, and I’ll even provide a full set of swimming gear. All Sandara has to do is buy me a meal.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/park-tae-hwan-confesses-that-2ne1s-dara-is-his-ideal-woman

• 2 weeks later...

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Kim's Tears Touch Viewers

[2011-02-11]

The deep sorrow of the famous clown! On the KBS-2TV talk show "Win Win" on Tuesday, comedian Kim Byeong-man shed tears while talking about why he can't visit his father, who suffers from dementia.

The seasoned comedian Kim was the guest of Win Win's 50th episode.

837_2245_l.jpg

He said, “My father, a dementia patient, does not recognize any family member." He said the dementia was discovered only after his father was diagnosed with colon cancer. His father received surgery on the cancer after which the progress of dementia picked up speed.

He continued, "When he didn't recognize me, I thought he may have old feelings left against me because I failed to listen to his desperate pleas once. When I first came to Seoul, Father was against my comedy endeavors and asked me come down to his hometown and help him repay his debt." At the time, he had flatly denied the request, saying, "I'm penniless myself, how can I help you?"

Father sobbed and begged him to help him but Kim had said, "Don't cry and leave me alone," and returned to Seoul.

Kim then passed the challenging comedian recruit examination and made up his mind to never quit the KBS show "Gag Concert" until he died. He has never taken a break from the show until now.

He then confessed that he can't stop working due to his family who solely depends on him.

He said, "When I visit Father, I will have lingering feelings and don't think I'll be able to go up on stage to make others laugh."

After the program, viewers left responses such as, "Win Win turns so sad whenever Kim comes out," "Kim has deep sorrow but he's a comedian, cheers!" "Dear sad clown, I cried with you," "I found another person I have come to respect," "Kim, become the Charlie Chaplin of Korea!" "You are a beautiful person. I've reflected on my own weak determinations and life attitude. I cheer you."

Writer: Honorary reporter Seong Hyeon-mi

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Guest dramaok

kimsungsoo.jpg

Kim Sung Soo is out.

his official reason for leaving the show is to focus on acting.

but a lot of ppl think he's fired.

for lack of MC skills.

he just repeats whatever the other person says.

he also mumbles so no one knows what he's murmuring about.

worst yet, no one really cares (though his butt dance is lolx),

so that's too bad but in comes one of the greatest MC!

i kinda feel bad for him, but i hope he finds more success in acting.

leesoogeun.jpg

Lee Soo Geun is in.

He starts on the March 1st broadcast. (recording on the 24th of Feb.)

Joining MC Kim Seung Woo, and cohosts, Jeong Jae Yong, Lee Ki Kwang.

LSG is so funny. yay!

Kim Began Harsh Talk to Make Ends Meet

[2011-02-18]

Comedian Kim Gura is known for making harsh, no-nonsense comments to people's faces. On the KBS-2TV talk show "Win Win" on Tuesday, he talked about how he first began this harsh talk during his past online broadcast years. MC Kim Seung-wu asked about how his signature style came about and Kim said, "It was a means to make ends meet."

846_2270_l.jpg

He said just after he was married, he had no broadcast gigs and he had to make a livelihood. At that time, senior comedian Ju Byeong-jin launched an online broadcasting company and Kim gained a chance to work for the firm with other well known comedians such as Jeon Yu-seong, Lee Hong-ryeol, Park Mi-seon and Kim Yong-man.

Kim says, "We started the online broadcasts with the simple aim to make people laugh on air just like we do in real life. As I progressed, I started using some foul language and it was all in fun. The producer of a show then was a graduate from Ewha Woman's University. It was her first job and she had high expectations and she thought us to be completely nuts when we sweared on air. She quit soon. So that's how we got started. It wasn't that we swore all throughout the 60 minutes. It came out naturally here and there. We began to have fans. Once I gained this momentum, it was hard to put a brake on myself."

And this was the origin of Kim Gura, the sharp tongue.

Kim only earned W600,000 a month during these years, which is W30,000 per episode. As his finances dwindled, he had move his home from a "jeonse" (lump sum deposit rental) to a monthly rental home and had to take out W80 million in loans.

Kim's "secret guests" this episode were singer Kim Heung-guk, announcer Wang Jong-geun and his son Kim Dong-hyeon.

Writer: Honorary reporter Seong Hyeon-mi

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lee Su-geun Joins as 'Win Win' MC

[2011-02-21]

Comedian Lee Su-geun will join the MC panel of the KBS 2TV talk show "Win Win." Win Win's producer Yun Hyeong-jun told TV Report Wednesday that Lee will replace Kim Seong-su and join the MC crew.

849_2280_l.jpg

Yun said, "Lee filled in for a one-time MC in our episode featuring comedian Lee Gyeong-gyu and I had good thoughts about him then. Lee also expressed his intent to work with us. It also happened that Kim Seong-su wanted to go back to focus more on acting. So we began to coordinate Lee's schedule and we reached a decision to have him on the MC panel."

Lee will start filming Win Win as early as Feb. 24.

The producer says, "It's not yet 100% determined whether Lee will join but it's about 90% sure that he will. A final decision will come around tomorrow."

Lee earlier had to withdraw from another KBS 2TV talk show, "Hello Counselor," over a scheduling conflict. But his schedules were able to fit the taping of Win Win.

Lee appears on a number of KBS programs including "Two Days and One Night," "On Your Command, Sir!" and "Gag Concert."

Viewers welcomed the news of Lee joining Win Win, leaving comments such as, "Lee is flying high these days" and "Lee, help resuscitate the Win Win talk show!"

Writer: TV Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Link to View Online

List of MCs hosting this prog has been updated accordingly on this thread.

Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Gura chooses Yoo Jae Suk over Kang Ho Dong

MC Kim Gura guested on a recent episode of KBS’s “Win Win” and gave his honest opinion on fellow MCs Yoo Jae Suk and Kang Ho Dong.

When asked to choose between the two aforementioned MCs, he replied, “I think I fit well with Yoo Jae Suk the best. I think it’s about time that Yoo Jae Suk changes his surroundings.”

He continued, “I’m a little pressured by Kang Ho Dong. His personality is rather strong, and since mine is just as strong, I don’t think we’d get along. I don’t have any greed over being the main MC though. As long as the money is okay, being on the panel is a lot easier.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/kim-gura-chooses-yoo-jae-suk-over-kang-ho-dong

Being a little pre-emptive upon learning this piece of info . . .

Source : KBS World

1298619868_large_580_371.jpg

Synopsis

Viewers are bored of one-way talk shows with celebrity guests doing all the talking. No more of it! Now, real life stories unfold as the stars and viewers interact. "Win Win" is the one and only talk show on Korean TV with this new concept!

KBS WORLD (Asia/Europe) VIEWERS

First Eng-Subbed Episode will air on Wednesday, 30 March 2011

With Effect from 30 March 2011

First Run (

Wednesdays) at 12:20am (KST)

Repeat (Thursdays) at 7:00pm (KST)

Disclaimer Note : Time/Date indicated are correct at time of posting, though KBSW may change it later on

Don't know if the first subbed episode will also happen to be LSGeun's first episode as co-MC/host on "Win Win"

Please also note that from Monday 28 March 2011 onwards, there are major changes to KBS World programme schedule affecting mainly all the variety shows.

Guest adikkeluangman

Joo Sang Wook and his mother makes an appearance on KBS’s “Win Win”

Talented actor Joo Sang Wook charmed the cast of KBS’s “Win Win” after he introduced his mother to the show.

During the episode, the actor’s mother was said to have indulged in her parental pride by her son on both his fine looks and great talents.

His mother laughed, “Joo Sang Wook looks very similar to many top actors and famous singers that he could easily be chosen for a commercial. He also needs to text his mother back more often.”

As the show progressed, she also stated her concern for drugs, alchohol, and violence, and hoped that her son, Joo Sang Wook, would be being responsible enough to avoid it all.

The episode is scheduled to air on March 1st.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/joo-sang-wook-and-his-mother-makes-an-appearance-on-kbss-win-win

Archived