[JAPAN MOVIE 2010] KIMI NI TODOKE 君に届け

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

ah, love that pic where they were holding portraits of their anime/manga counterpart! amazing!

i hope the trailer kinda dispelled some doubts from others who think either or both actors were miscasts.

from the trailer, it really seemed as if both Kazehaya and Sawako came to life. well, at least in my eyes. Tabe even got the sweet voice Sawako has.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest x.yoru

I'm a HUGE fan of Haruma and I'm pretty sure he can pull this off, although I'm not sure about the girl. I also didn't like her in Yamada Tarou Monogatari and I'm a little worried about this. :(

The trailers make me excited though<3 I can't wait for this to release!!

Guest xtehdeb

I'm sure haruma can pull off kazehaya's character ^^ he looks the part too cuz he looks like he came out of an anime. lool

i'm not too sure about the girl either..i wanted a diff actress to play sawako >__>;;

Guest Autumn1430263885

as much as i love haruma,his image doesn't suit the image of kazehaya...

i'm a reader of the manga so imma be a bit picky here =/

i was hoping they'd pick someone not as well known

oh wellssss

flumpool to  sing theme song  for upcoming film 'Kimi ni Todoke'

2mescd3.jpg

The 4-piece  rock band flumpool will be singing the  theme song for the upcoming  live-action film adaptation of "Kimi ni  Todoke" (lit. "Reaching  You"). The song, whose title is  taken from the title of the  movie, can be heard in the two brand new  trailers uploaded today on the  movie's website.

With the  decision of the group performing the  theme song, lead vocalist Yamamura  Ryuuta gave this comment:

"It's  an honor for us this time  around to write and sing the theme song for  this movie. I was a fan of  the original work before, and I realized that  the film adaptation is  going to work again to touch on the idea that  bringing people together  can change them for the better.

Personally,  I think it's important  to receive kindness and support during difficult  and painful times, to  receive smiles and courage everyday, and to love  others even without  knowing them, since there are so many hardships in  life.  Think about  that idea of bringing people together, and also be  thankful for the  feelings that you are given, for love, and for  friendship, because they  will change your entire being.

I think many  people will see  kindness and courage in our lyrics for this movie, and  we'd like to ask  for your feedback."

new trailer with preview of song here.

source  source

I'm  psyched! This is the third time they're singing for a drama/movie that  stars Haruma Miura (:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tabe Mikako & Miura Haruma hold an event for “Kimi ni Todoke”

2l9k2me.jpg

An event for  upcoming movie “Kimi ni Todoke“, was held on the 11th, and the lead  stars, Tabe Mikako and Miura Haruma  showed up at the event.  They  appeared in Yukata’s (summer kimono) for the first time this summer, and  invoked a big hit for the movie.

“Kimi ni Todoke” is originally a  very popular manga, about a pure love story between a high school  couple. The manga “Kimi ni Todoke” sold a total of 11 million copies.

Haruma  told fans, “I know some people are a bit anxious about this movie,  since it’s from an extremely popular manga, but we worked hard on this  movie, and we also are big fans of the manga.  We will not let down your  expectations, so please love the movie as well as the manga.”

“Kimi ni Todoke” will be released on September 25th.

click to enlarge (more @source)

84305474.th.png88638119.th.png

source: TOKYOHIVE

• 3 months later...
Guest moony8705

^I think, and this is a guess based on when the movie came out and what the google translator told me, I think the movie is still showing in theaters. I'm pretty sure it was a hit. So we will have to wait for the movie to come out on dvd/bluray before the translations can start. My guess is we will be seeing it sometime in spring 2011.

And since I'm posting anyway... I think that Haruma Miura and Mikako Tabe are great choices and I bet they did fantastic. I love flumpools song for the movie which is also called "kimi ni todoke".

Oh and for those of you that do not know and it is kinda related, the second season of the anime starts on January 4th, I think...

Archived