Perfect Blue

Guest phantom.leonhart

Guest phantom.leonhart

Anyone watched it before?What is Perfect Blue about? Does anyone know?

And also anyone know where to download it? image
Perfect-Blue.jpg

Plot:
 Mima Kirigoe, a member of a Japanese pop-idol group called "CHAM!", who decides to pursue her career as an actress. Some of her fans are displeased with her sudden career change, particularly a stalker named Me-Mania. As her new career proceeds, Mima's world becomes increasingly reminiscent of the works ofAlfred Hitchcock: reality and fantasy spiral out of control, and Mima discovers that Me-Mania is the least of her troubles.

2645966_orig.jpg

Perfect_Blue.jpg

download8.jpg

watch it and fell asleep through half the movie...rewatch it again and i did not like it at all ~ interesting but boring!

Pop singer Mima Kirigoe looks forward to a bright new career when she quits her chart-topping trio to become an actress. When she lands a role in a sexually-charged murder mystery, Mima's life begins to fall apart. Reality and hallucination merge into a terrifying world where innocense is lost and dreams become nightmares.

Quickly descending into a dangerous state of paranoid delusions, Mima watches as internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life. She is helpless and afraid as her associates are threatened and killed by a mysterious stalker.

credits; animenfo

Guest monchichi

I thought it was a really good movie with an interesting story line. ^^ Sorry I dont know where to download it, I got the original on video

What is Perfect Blue about? Does anyone know?

Perfect Blue is known for having the best depiction of the life of a J-pop star. It was directed by the famous Satoshi Kon (Paranoia Agent) and shows his quirky style. Of course, as Kon commented:
If the audience get the impression from watching the film that the idol system in Japan is like that, I'm embarrassed. Of course I did research before making the film and I visited a number of these idol events, but I didn't see the kind of example that is used in the film. Also, to reveal behind-the-scenes secrets about the entertainment world was never my intention. I simply wanted to show the process of a young girl maturing, becoming confused because her old set of values gets shattered, but who is reborn as a mature being as a result of that. That's what I wanted to describe. But because I had to stick with the idea of an idol, the film came to talk about that particular world.
:P

• 2 years later...

Archived