Vancouver International Jazz Festival

Delster

Reviews, Recommendations etc.
So the International Jazz Festival is upon us again until July 2!

Does anyone have any recommendations of who to see, which venues to go to etc?

I would recommend seeing Denzal Sinclaire who is also a Vancouverite; he'll be performing June 25 at Robson HMV (2pm, free admission) and at Granville Island June 30 ($23, $2 off students). As for venues, definitely The Cellar is a good place to go :)

Guest YUNA!

Damn it~

I was gonna make a new topic but you.. you beat me to it :tears:

ANYWAYS. Isn't it until the 3rd?

I went there yesterday [and got myself a sunburn, too], and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Mighty Aphredites Jazz Band.

I don't know if they are playing at the Market Place Stage anymore..

I usually don't like traditional jazz before, but after listening to them, maaaan ~ haha.

Which bands did you go see?? =) =) =)

Guest cystaltears

gahhh...i love jazz music..i live singing jazz music...but my sooo broke..and noone will go with me... ><!!! such a great opportunity missed... o well we have one every year..i'll jus go when i find people who enjoy jazz as much as me

Guest PapayaSeed

shoot...too busy right now to go :(

oh, if anyone is looking for the schedules, you can find them online @ www.coastaljazz.ca

gahhh...i love jazz music..i live singing jazz music...but my sooo broke..and noone will go with me... ><!!! such a great opportunity missed... o well we have one every year..i'll jus go when i find people who enjoy jazz as much as me

there are quite a lot of events which are free! You could just go by yourself...no harm in that right? There's usually a pretty big crowd around the stages anyway if you feel like blending in :P

Archived