Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

*** I could say that post-"Vincenzo" syndrome is really hitting us hard right now. I'm sure that even the cast members themselves are also going through mixed emotions now that they will no longer see one another. The friendship that the cast and crew developed during their 8-month shooting period really got them closer like a family. Seeing their bond on or off the screen gave us happiness. 

Truly, new relationships and memories were established that will surely last a lifetime. The footage was after they wrapped up the filming last April 23.  :heart3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COZEHvrJtA7/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=aa8c45cf-1872-4ca6-be72-685b8823b917

https://www.instagram.com/p/COZTbDUFeEH/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=8e44439b-c741-4a5d-8a44-355152759014

video source : kdramastars

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, TheaN said:

Here is the Q&A with subs!!!!  They seem a bit off (not in-sync, subs ahead of the actual speech, but OK)

I am with you .. as long as there is Eng Sub, it's all good!  Thanks again for sharing @TheaN

LOL Taec was saying that his natural brightness and Han Seok's evilness is like north and south poles - he tried to be angry and managed to bring out some villainess in him :D    I don't really know him well enough - Is he a calm person?

:ok:

Yeah @willenette Thought Song JK is a serious kinda guy - it appears from the clip , he is quite sporting.  I know Taec is, even his handsome dongsaeng Kwak DY.   It's not easy to get all the casts to unite and warm up fast in an 8-month period.    Great synergy!

• Awesome 1

Sorry I don't know how to repost articles.  Every time I try, they look weird and the format is jumbled.  

jfKdK2YG?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a36355064/ok-taecyeon-vincenzo-netflix-interview/?utm_campaign=socialflowTWELM&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=twitter

Changed link, because it looks as if the other guy took Elle's article!!

• Wiggle 1

On behalf of @TheaN with love

Ok Taecyeon Is Good At Being Bad

The actor on filming the K-drama ‘Vincenzo’, playing a “multifaceted” villain, and 2PM’s new music.

MAY 7, 2021

Among the ranks of Korean idols-turned-actors, Ok Taecyeon is a clear standout. A member of the South Korean boy band 2PM, Taecyeon proved his acting abilities in K-dramas like Dream High and Save Me before taking the lead role as Vincenzo's menacing villain Jang Joon-woo. The dark comedy, which premiered on Netflix in late February and aired its finale last weekend, became a global success and TVN’s 6th highest-rated show in broadcast history.

We first meet Joon-Woo as an intern at Wusang Law Firm, hired to defend and protect the corrupt and murderous pharmaceutical company Babel Group. His superior is Hong Cha-young (Jeon Yeo-been), a cutthroat and beautiful lawyer who uses bribery and blackmail to win her cases.

Joon-Woo’s first few episodes are spent following Cha-young around and dropping funny one-liners like “Can you feel my heartbeat?” (a cheeky reference to 2PM’s 2009 hit “Heartbeat”). But his innocent image is shattered in episode 4 by one of the show’s many plot twists: Joon-Woo is actually the true heir to Babel Group and responsible for its corruption and bloodshed—including the murder of Cha-young’s father Hong Yu-chan, a human rights lawyer hellbent on taking down BabeL

netflix ok taecyeon vincenzo

Ahead, Taecyeon talks his favorite scenes from Vincenzo, working with Song Joong-ki and Jeon Yeo-been, and 2PM’s new music.

What was it like playing the villain?

Jang Han-seok is far from being a simple villain. He’s a multifaceted character who has opposing sides, hot and cold. This is my first role as a villain; there were challenges. In portraying Jang Han-seok, I tried to draw upon certain aspects of myself and emphasize expressions of evil from deep within.

Joon-woo’s true identity was kept under wraps before the show’s release. Was it difficult keeping that secret?

When we were promoting the show, I couldn’t introduce my character except as a legal intern with a crush on his mentor, Hong Cha-young. When the program aired, I worried that viewers would catch on to Joon-woo’s secret. I was relieved when so many people reacted in complete surprise to episode 4, where Joon-woo’s identity is revealed.

What was your favorite scene to film?
An unforgettable scene for me is when Jang Han-seok is giving a lecture and gets doused in pig’s blood, a homage to the film Carrie. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open with blood trickling into them. This was a tough scene to film. It was also tough mentally, trying to express Jang Han-seok’s rage at realizing that Vincenzo got the better of him again. The visual footage was shocking when I saw the scene after it was released. It’ll stay in my memory for a long time.

Another memorable scene is Joon-woo’s ”Evil Powerpoint,” where he reveals himself as the true heir of Babel. Did you improvise at all?

All of the dancing and singing were ad-libbed in the scene where Joon-woo makes the big announcement that he’s the true leader of Babel Group. I had long talks about this with the director. I wanted to portray Joon-woo as someone who breaks out into a song and dance in that situation, an unpredictable villain who doesn’t fit into the mold of a serious and scary psychopath.

2PM members Nichkhun and Chan-sung made cameo appearances in Vincenzo. How did you feel about their acting?

Due to my schedule, I could not be there when they were filming. But I did see the scenes they were in after the show was released. I’m very appreciative that they agreed to the cameo appearances and as a co-member, wish that they had bigger parts.

What was it like working with Song Joong-ki and Jeon Yeo-been?

They always livened up the set! It was great working with them. We often ate and talked together. Although this was my first collaboration with them, I always felt comfortable. Song Joong-ki was always considerate of his fellow actors and staff members, and Jeon Yeo-been always brought her own energy and charm to all of her scenes. Thanks to them, I was able to focus on my character Joon-woo.

In the beginning of the show, Joon-woo and Cha-young are close friends. But when Cha-young discovers Joon-woo’s identity, she ends the relationship. What do you think about Joon-woo’s changing feelings about Cha-young as the story progresses?

I think Joon-woo must have been attracted to Cha-young’s work ethic and her belief that ends justify the means, her concern over pros and cons rather than good and evil. He watches her as she develops feelings for Vincenzo. His animosity toward Vincenzo—who takes away everything that Joon-woo has, including Cha-young—is greater than his resentment toward Cha-young for ending their relationship. I think that from Joon-woo’s perspective, getting rid of Vincenzo would have solved all his problems.

What's next for you?

The film Hansan: The Rise of The Dragon will soon be released. It was my first experience with a historical period piece. And later this year, you’ll see me in the tvN series The Royal Emissary and Jo-i. I’m excited about this period drama series with a longer filming duration. I’m doing my best to prepare for the role. 2PM is also working on a new album so please keep an eye out for that!

Source : 
https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a36355064/ok-taecyeon-vincenzo-netflix-interview/?utm_campaign=socialflowTWELM&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=twitter

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, TheaN said:

Sorry I don't know how to repost articles.  Every time I try, they look weird and the format is jumbled. 

Changed link, because it looks as if the other guy took Elle's article!!

@TheaN, just copy the article & the images that go with it & paste it .....the same thing as what you usually is doing.  :heart1:

• Blob 1

19 hours ago, TheaN said:

LOL Taec got only 14 out of 20 questions correct!!!! :sweat_smile:

@TheaN, hahaha - thanks for sharing this. And Taec captioned the video he shared on this "uhm...I think I am not me".  This "Taecyeon Exam" is trending. I wonder what made him forget facts about himself! LOL - I expected fans to answer it but didn't think even in my dreams that Taecyeon himself will also take the quiz. Out of 20 questions, he indeed got 30 percent of the answers wrong! The first question was on his birthplace and he got it right. The second question was the – name of his elder sister. Of course he answered it right. Her name is Ok Jihyen. The third question was on his hometown in the U.S. He got it right and the answer is Bedford in Massachusetts. I guess it's understandable that he failed the question about his username to log on to 2ONEDAY, an old international forum for fans of 2PM and 2AM. Sometimes usernames are easily forgotten. The last question was about his language skills. The question was "which four languages Taecyeon learned to say "I love you" in 2009?" He chose the wrong answer "Korean, English, Japanese, French," whereas the right answer was "Korean, English, Chinese, Spanish." Well, this is what's wrong when you know so many languages.  :cutekitty:

• Love 1

*** “Vincenzo” dominated the lists of most buzzworthy dramas and actors in its final week on air! For the fourth consecutive week, “Vincenzo” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly rankings of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon. Not only did “Vincenzo” remain No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas for the week of April 26 to May 2, but its stars also swept the top spots on this week’s list of most buzzworthy drama cast members. Taecyeon is at No. 4. Not surprising because they deserved it. Ye, "Vincenzo" rocks as expected. Congratulations to the whole team!  :emmm:

1. Song Joong Ki (“Vincenzo”)
  2. Jeon Yeo Bin (“Vincenzo”)
  3. Kwak Dong Yeon (“Vincenzo”)
  4. 2PM’s Taecyeon (“Vincenzo”)
  5. Lee Seung Gi (“Mouse”)
  6. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver”)
  7. Song Kang (“Navillera”)
  8. Pyo Ye Jin (“Taxi Driver”)
  9. Park In Hwan (“Navillera”)
  10. CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa (“Sell Your Haunted House”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Actors.jpg

• Wiggle 1

9 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Taec posted this on his IG - not sure what this is - like he got an autograph from someone?

I believe that was the photographer (윤지용, Yoon JiYong @zyobb on IG) for his Ist Look photoshoot.  And I'll use that as an excuse to post pictures from the shoot!!

cool guy

spacer.png

I like the piercings and net T-shirt in this one :P

spacer.png

• Love 1

Trivia...2 months ago before Vincenzo Taec had about 500K followers on IG.  Today he has 1,369,021 followers.  Who knew his performance on Vincenzo as a villain would appeal to so many!

Who knows, maybe his dream is a bit closer to becoming reality.

Taec on twitter (April 25, 2107):

Maybe?

Someday?

Dream big?

spacer.png

• Awesome 1

6 hours ago, TheaN said:

I believe that was the photographer (윤지용, Yoon JiYong @zyobb on IG) for his Ist Look photoshoot.  And I'll use that as an excuse to post pictures from the shoot!!

cool guy

I like the piercings and net T-shirt in this one :P

He is really a COOL guy, one of a kind, albeit his cheery personality.  Cheery or bright?  Hehe
Thanks @TheaN  Please do post and you do not need an excuse to re-post.  Am happy to see more of him.

:doggie:

@willenette where are you?  

2PM will do a Japan Comeback show later this month

Taec is looking very thin here.

The teaser is available on YT, but I am not sure if the video will be made available everywhere.  It might be limited to Hottest Japan members.

• Thanks 1

Taec's info is up on "The Actor is Present" website.  His video is also available on YT.

"Extremely exquisite"

The website link:

https://theactorispresent.kr/ok-taecyeon/

The energizer of 2PM jumps up to a global actor, even picking up a good-smiling villain

Ok Taecyeon

Idol groups consisting of several members usually have their own roles set according to their talents. In comparison, Ok Taecyeon has carried out various activities with various images. All the members of the group 2 PM were called ‘Beast Idols’ due to their masculine charms, and among them, Ok was outstanding with his tall, sturdy physique, kind gaze, good looks that contrasted with his body, and a sloppy and innocent image that could reverse all of the virtues mentioned above. Moreover, with the artistic sense, he has accumulated the likable image everybody loves through so many variety shows.

His acting career began with the TV drama Cinderella’s Sister (2010), and the actor played a pure-hearted young man with his unique and innocent gaze. Ok mainly filled his filmography with TV series, and notably, he appeared in various genres through high-teen and family dramas. Now, he is showing a new aspect by playing Jang Junwoo, the intense villain in the drama series Vincenzo (2021), which also airs on Netflix. Ok Taecyeon’s film filmography is rather simple.  He appeared in a romantic comedy Marriage Blue (2013) and mystery House of the Disappeared (2017) and is waiting for the release of Hansan: The Rise of The Dragon, the sequel of Roaring Currents (2014), which recorded the highest number of audience in the history of Korean cinema.

In the omnibus film Marriage Blue, which depicts several couples about to get married, Ok played Woncheol opposite Lee Yeonhee as a couple. He captivated women’s hearts by maintaining his sweet attitudes to the end when his fiancée left him. The actor also showed his reliable image in House of the Disappeared where he played a Catholic priest, who helps the protagonist who had been falsely accused, uncovering the secrets of the mysterious house where an incident took place. Also, he received good reviews for acting with Kim Yoonjin, a seasoned actor, making good chemistry. In his first epic film Hansan: The Rise of The Dragon, Ok played Im Junyoung, a soldier of Joseon Navy, who helps Admiral Yi Soonshin to save the war-torn country. What’s interesting is that the actor is in a certain type of uniform in every movie he joins. In Marriage Blue, the actor was in the chef’s outfit and in House of the Disappeared in a priest’s uniform. In Hansan: The Rise of The Dragon, he will show his appearance in navy uniform during the Joseon Dynasty.

As an actor, Ok Taecyeon is still in the beginning stage. His good looks, high popularity, and likeability throughout the activities as an idol singer will be advantageous to him. Furthermore, with his fluent English, which he honed while studying in the U.S., and the Japanese he practiced through the group activities, Ok can cover any films aiming at the audiences overseas. He is an actor with great potential. -- Jung Sujin

• Blob 2

6 hours ago, Min2206 said:

He is really a COOL guy, one of a kind, albeit his cheery personality.  Cheery or bright?  Hehe
Thanks @TheaN  Please do post and you do not need an excuse to re-post.  Am happy to see more of him.

@willenette where are you?  

@Min2206 I have so much of work to do, that's why, I wasn't able to visit here.    :sweating:

+2

• Blob 2

7 hours ago, TheaN said:

From the website

Stunning 

His visual is stunning 
:heartxoxo:
By the way , may I ask -- these BW photos , are they from this website  theactorispresent.kr?
I saw fans posting BW great pics of their baes from there.

• Blob 1

42 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

His visual is stunning 
:heartxoxo:
By the way , may I ask -- these BW photos , are they from this website  theactorispresent.kr?
I saw fans posting BW great pics of their baes from there.

Yes, they are. 

• Blob 2