Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 20-26, 2021

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-20-26-2021/

Monday, Dec. 20      
Moonshine 1 KBS 7.5%
Our Beloved Summer 5 SBS 3.7%
The One and Only 1 JTBC 2.4%
Secret Royal Inspector and Joy 13 tvN 3.4%
Tuesday, Dec. 21      
Moonshine 2 KBS 7.2%
Our Beloved Summer 6 SBS 4.0%
The One and Only 2 JTBC 1.4%
Secret Royal Inspector and Joy 14 tvN 3.2%

*** Kim Hye Yoon recently participated in an interview with Newsen and talked about her latest drama “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy!” She also spoke about her chemistry with co-star Taecyeon, who played Ra Yi Eon. She shared, “Actor Ok Taecyeon was the mood maker [on set]. That’s why I relied on him in a lot of aspects, and since he has a lot of acting experience, I learned a lot from him. One memorable anecdote is from near the end [of the drama], when Yi Eon and I had a lot of hugging scenes. Since the weather was cold, we would intentionally search for the hot packs the other person had on their bodies. I remember we would ask each other, ‘You’re looking for a hot pack, right?’ and laugh.”  :heart2:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000527196

• Love 1

*** tvN has released a behind-the-scenes look at the final episodes of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy!” The making-of clip begins with Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon messing around on set before shooting their scenes and cutely posing for the camera. One particularly amusing in the clip shows Taecyeon hugging his fellow cast. He was being teased for only hugging his co-stars because the camera was filming him. This making-of clip is capturing some of the great memories the cast and staff created together while filming. :ohboy2:

video source : soompi news

*** On December 28th, Good Data Corporation released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the 4th week of December. The list was compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. :ohboy2:

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea for the Fourth Week of December, According to Data

#8 tvN's 'Secret Royal Inspector & Joy' (2.89 points)

20211229_014950_038_0.jpg

photo source : Gstarlive

*** After the finale of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy,” Taecyeon took time for an interview to express his thoughts. He shared thoughts on the drama’s conclusion as he commented, “The long six-month journey since our first script reading has ended. I don’t think I’ll be able to forget these six months that began in the hot weather and went all the way into the winter when our hands and feet were frozen. Now that we’re all done filming, I feel relieved, refreshed, and sad. I don’t know if it’s because I relied a lot on the staff and actors I worked with, but it’s awkward that filming is now over and it doesn’t feel real. ‘Secret Royal Inspector & Joy’ was a comforting for me, and I think it’ll be that much more unforgettable. I even wonder whether I’ll be able to meet a project like this in the future. Thank you for loving ‘Secret Royal Inspector & Joy,’ and I will work hard to impress again through my next project.” When asked why he decided to star in the drama he answered, “The ‘Secret Royal Inspector & Joy’ script was refreshing right off the bat. The charms of Ra Yi Eon and Jo Yi were so clear, and as I kept reading, I could relate to the stories the drama was trying to tell. I read the script during the final stages of filming ‘Vincenzo,’ and it felt like warmth was filling my slightly exhausted mind and body from portraying a villain. I decided to appear in the drama as I was excited thinking about all the new images I could showcase as Ra Yi Eon. Since modern tone and historical tone are so different, and it was my first time acting in the historical genre, it was important that I got the historical tone down before filming. I practiced a lot to make sure my lines were natural, and after filming began, I focused a lot on what I could do to portray the character of Ra Yi Eon in my own way.” For his most memorable scene to film, Taecyeon picked the trial scene from the first three episodes. He explained, “All filming for ‘Secret Royal Inspector & Joy’ was tough, but within that journey of filming, I felt proud. Due to COVID-19, the filming schedule kept changing ,so we ended up filming in the worst of the summer heat. Since we filmed in the sweltering, steaming heat of 38-39 degrees Celsius (approximately 100.4-102.2 degrees Fahrenheit) without an inch of shade, the staff members struggled a lot, and all the actors were exhausted from filming for long periods of time. However, after watching the broadcast, you couldn’t feel the heat we struggled through on screen, and I remember there were endless sighs in our actors’ group chat. It was a set where I was really close to the actors. Without any odd ones out, everyone has such good character, and as a result, the atmosphere on set was always friendly. Including me, there were a couple actors who were trying out historical acting for the first time, and I don’t know if it’s because of that, but I think we talked more and relied on each other. While there were a lot of actors my age, regardless of age, it was a set where we respected and helped each other, which is why I think that the good atmosphere was possible until the very end. During filming, we always took lots of pictures of each other, shared the ones we took to our actors’ group chat, and asked how everyone was doing even when we didn’t have filming.” Also he shared his interpretation on how the drama ended for Ra Yi Eon. He explained that the ending represented a message of courage and hope, sharing, “Whether it’s the Joseon Dynasty hundreds of years ago or Korea in 2021, we all live within that big frame of society. Yesterday is not that different from today, and if you think that your life is repetitive like a treadmill, I believe that anyone can dream about wanting to escape from the reality they were given. In that sense, Ra Yi Eon’s courage and determination in letting everything go, seeking out his own happiness, and chasing after a new life was a conclusion that gave me strength.” Taecyeon shared that “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a drama that he will remember as rain in a drought and commented to his character Ra Yi Eon, “Ra Yi Eon, who has realized what true happiness is, you worked hard traveling all around the provinces. Live happily with Jo Yi doing lots of the cooking you enjoy!” For his next project, Taecyeon was asked what kind of genre or role he wants to try. He answered, “Recently, I’ve grown to want to try visually strong genres like noir or action. I like everything to the point where I want to try it all if it’s a project that can draw out another one of my charms and a role I haven’t yet tried.” Lastly, Taecyeon commented to viewers, “Thank you so much. Just as this drama was a comforting drama for me, I hope it was a drama that also provided comfort to you. It was an honor to be able to laugh and cry with you all as Ra Yi Eon of ‘Secret Royal

Inspector & Joy.’ I will greet you soon with a good project. Happy New Year, and be happy!”      :Woah:

Taecyeon-12.jpeg

Spoiler

Taecyeon-21.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=311&aid=0001390873

credit : soompi news

The 15 best K-dramas of 2021: Vincenzo, Squid Game and more

With the smash-hit success of Squid Game and a variety of other hits that rang around the world, 2021 will go down as a very special year for Korean drama series.

While global streaming platforms were a big part of this, as they poured big budgets into high-concept programmes which previously had not existed in the Korean market, it was truly a great year for Korean small-screen content across the board.

Korea-based cable and broadcast channels stepped up to the plate with a variety of high-quality programming for all tastes.

Whittling all these successes down to just 15 titles requires some terrible sacrifices, but with that done, here are our picks for the best Korean dramas of 2021, ranked from good to great.

14. Vincenzo

Superstar Song Joong-ki returned to screens in two major roles in February, first in the Netflix sci-fi action movie Space Sweepers and then as Vincenzo Cassano, the suave Italian-Korean lawyer for the mob who comes back to Korea, in Vincenzo.

He bands with Jeon Yeo-been's feisty lawyer and the colourful inhabitants of a dilapidated commercial building as they take on the dastardly Babel Group and its larger-than-life CEO, played by Ok Taecyeon. Sprawling if occasionally unwieldy, Vincenzo is infectiously entertaining. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : AsiaOne

25 Male K-Pop Idols Who Took Off Their Clothes For “Men’s Health”

They’re all #FitnessGoals.

RaRK61n1x3vkHXVDpT8ByBmM6njzrZajpuw2uRNf

Men’s Health covers lifestyle topics such as fitness, nutrition, and fashion, and its models are always the fittest of the fit. These 25 idols all worked extremely hard to achieve their killer, cover-worthy physiques!

9. Taecyeon (2PM)

-TwcRt0Al24JjigigXOt72ozvtOgLv3K6Fetz3v0

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Love 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 27, 2021-Jan. 2, 2022

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-27-2021-jan-2-2022/

Monday, Dec. 27      
Moonshine 3 KBS 6.3%
Our Beloved Summer 7 SBS 3.7%
The One and Only 3 JTBC 1.3%
Secret Royal Inspector and Joy 15 tvN 3.6%
Show Window: Queen’s House 9 Channel A 5.7%
Tuesday, Dec. 28      
Moonshine 4 KBS 7.6%
Our Beloved Summer 8 SBS 4.3%
The One and Only 4 JTBC 0.6%
Secret Royal Inspector and Joy 16 tvN 3.8%
Show Window: Queen’s House 10 Channel A 5.9%

*** In a recent interview and pictorial for @star1 magazine, Kim Hye Yoon, she talked about her experience working with Taecyeon. She had nothing but praise for her “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” co-star. She recalled - “Taecyeon was the ‘mood maker’ on the ‘Secret Royal Inspector & Joy’ set.  It was really so much fun acting together with him, and our laughter never ceased.”   :Megathanks:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000528978

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

As always, Taec is so much fun during his fan meetings.  I'll post more once they sub the video.  Here are a couple pics.

from eyecon_taec, award for doing a great job this year.  He was soooo busy.

spacer.png

He had us vote on 5 wishes prior to the event.

1.  Do 3 hearts vs melo eyes ??? not sure of the translation here :D 
  2. Sing "I'll Be Back" or a Kim Dong Ryul song.  Since Dong Ryul is one of Taec's favorites I voted for that.  His ballad voice has become so good.  However IBB won.
  3. Selfie serious or cute.  50/50 so we got both!
  4. Wake up call or Good night message
  5. Ending fairy, cute or sexy

Here are the selfies

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 2

*** ‘Vincenzo’ is included in the list........... I wonder which track moved the fans as K-dramas wowed with their original soundtracks. Each scene has been highlighted through these tunes, we were left in awe of these songs. The official voting period has come to an end for the ‘Best K-drama OST of 2021’ 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYiiOIxhXLV/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=62b9bcd1-37f5-4bb1-bb5e-817951fedcaa

kdrama_ost_main.jpg?width=752&format=web