Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

Miss Ok Taecyeon? Here are 5 of his must watch projects that you should add to your watch list ASAP

2PM’s Ok Taecyeon had a meaty role in Song Joong Ki starrer Vincenzo, which showcased his amazing acting skills. Take a look at the recommended dramas below.

Vincenzo star Ok Taecyeon in Save Me and Who Are You 2013 as must-watch KDramas

The drama Vincenzo made waves as soon as it aired. It gave the audience a fresh cast, powerful storyline mixed with intense acting and comic scenes. While the lead couple, Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin definitely deserve praises, 2PM’s Ok Taecyeon’s impeccable acting does so too. He flawlessly pulled off two different characters with much ease and the intense eye close ups sent shivers down the viewers’ spine. 

We understand how difficult it is to let a character, actors or even the show go, after it has touched one’s hearts. But that’s the beauty of K-Dramas. They wrap up in 15-20 episodes to offer the audience better storylines and characters. So if you also miss watching Ok Taecyeon on screen, we’re recommending five of his must watch K-Dramas and movies that you need to start as soon as possible. The actor debuted in 2008 with the K-Pop group 2PM and then started acting in 2010. He’s had a decade-long journey and the Vincenzo star showcased his potential little by little, from the very start.

Spoiler

Dream High (2011)

dream-high-kdrama-ok-taecyeon.jpeg?itok=

A star-studded cast of Bae Suzy, IU, Kim Soo Hyun, Taecyeon and more, this show should definitely be on your watch-list if you want to watch your favourite Korean celebs in their early years. It revolves around a group of talented students at an academy. Taecyeon’s character is someone who is great at dancing but keeps it a secret. On top of that, he’s also the bad boy of the school!

Who Are You? (2013)

who-are-you-2013-kdrama-ok-taecyeon.jpg?

Starring Kim Jae Wook, So Yi Hyun and Taecyeon, this drama is a love triangle between spirits and humans, and is a crime thriller. Taecyeon plays detective Cha Gun Woo who only believes in proper, solid evidence whilst the female lead, detective Yang Shi On (So Yi Hyun) can see spirits after waking up from a coma. They start working together on cases and Cha Gun Woo slowly starts opening up his beliefs. If you’re looking for a show where he’s goofy, intense, emotional and adorable, this is what you need to watch.

Save Me (2017)

save-me-kdrama-ok-taecyeon-seo-yea-ji.jp

In case you didn’t know, Jeon Yeo Bin and Ok Taecyeon have worked together before too! ‘Save Me’ is a thriller drama series that talks about intense themes such as brainwashing by religious cults, violence, suicide and more. It revolves around four friends coming together to help a former classmate get away from the clutches of a dangerous religious cult. 

House of The Disappeared (2017)

house-of-the-disappeared-ok-taecyeon.jpe

More of an exciting thriller movie, the story revolves around a wife who spent 25 years in prison, being falsely accused of murdering her husband. When she gets released, she realises that her son has disappeared too. She goes back to the place where the incident took place in order to solve it. Taecyeon plays the role of a priest 

The Game: Towards Zero (2020)

the-game-towards-zero-kdrama-ok-taceyeon

Released last year, Taecyeon plays the role of Kim Tae Pyeong who has the ability to foresee a person’s death, just by looking in their eyes. After a young girl gets kidnapped, and the M.O shows that of a serial killer, he joins hands with a detective, who turns out to be more unique than other people. Taecyeon’s charms are definitely at an all-time high! 

Meanwhile, brace yourselves for his first-ever historical film project titled ‘Hansan’, and is based on the naval battle between Japan and Korea taking place on Hansan Island during the Joseon Dynasty in 1592. The filming of the movie is expected to start sometime in the second half of 2021. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/miss-ok-taecyeon-here-are-5-his-must-watch-projects-you-should-add-your-watch-list-asap-731455

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

[HanCinema's News] "Vincenzo" Tops Content Power Index

On May 10th, CJ ENM released the latest Content Power Index which tracks the performance of various television programs across non-traditional metrics. "Vincenzo" once again topped the list, with a total of 348.5 points, the best rating for both dramas and variety shows that week. The survey was taken for the fifth week of April, defined from April 25th to May 2nd.

The last episode of "Vincenzo" aired on May 2nd. By and large variety shows dominated the Content Power Index for that week. Only one other scripted drama appeared in the top ten at all, "Taxi Driver" at number seven, with 235.8 points. The Content Power Index tracks a large number of dramas and variety shows in its calculations, with the survey comprising twenty-nine different television channels.

Written by William Schwartz

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

**Taecyeon sent a coffee car to the set of "Mine" drama. The coffee cart is addressed to both N as well as lead actress Kim Seo-hyung, On the banners, it says that he supports the rest of the drama's cast and crew as well. Mine followed "Vincenzo" in its timeslot on tvN. N & Taec know each other as they are represented by the same agency, 51K. It was not clear to me how or if he also knows Kim

Seo-hyung. As far as I know, the two have never appeared in the same project.    :rubchin:

photo1333551.jpg

photo source : Hancinema

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

18 minutes ago, willenette said:

**Taecyeon sent a coffee car to the set of "Mine" drama. The coffee cart is addressed to both N as well as lead actress Kim Seo-hyung, On the banners, it says that he supports the rest of the drama's cast and crew as well. Mine followed "Vincenzo" in its timeslot on tvN. N & Taec know each other as they are represented by the same agency, 51K. It was not clear to me how or if he also knows Kim

Seo-hyung. As far as I know, the two have never appeared in the same project.    

Aww, What a coincidence that Kim Seo Hyung is the step-mom to N in the drama :wub:

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, willenette said:

**Taecyeon sent a coffee car to the set of "Mine" drama. The coffee cart is addressed to both N as well as lead actress Kim Seo-hyung, On the banners, it says that he supports the rest of the drama's cast and crew as well. Mine followed "Vincenzo" in its timeslot on tvN. N & Taec know each other as they are represented by the same agency, 51K. It was not clear to me how or if he also knows Kim Seo-hyung. As far as I know, the two have never appeared in the same project.   

photo source : Hancinema

Taec appeared with Kim Seo Hyung in Assembly.

38 minutes ago, TheaN said:

Go to the IG link for more "Villain Appreciation" from The Swoon Netflix.

I saw that earlier - Amazing swoonNF IG got 8 wonderful clips of Taec in action!  

and thank you so much for the BTS xexymix photoshoot.  Our Taec is so muscular - you can see those abs beneath his shirt.  O.O

And he is so casual - he came alone or what - like there is no entourage of assistants with him?

On 5/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, Min2206 said:

I saw that earlier - Amazing swoonNF IG got 8 wonderful clips of Taec in action!  

and thank you so much for the BTS xexymix photoshoot.  Our Taec is so muscular - you can see those abs beneath his shirt.  O.O

And he is so casual - he came alone or what - like there is no entourage of assistants with him?

@Min2206, I guess he doesn't get used of having assistant with him since I usually see him with no one around him most of the time. @Thea?????

On 5/13/2021 at 1:40 PM, TheaN said:

xexymix photoshoot bts

Taec's scenes shot at the Sinchon Graffiti Tunnel near Ehwa university.

@TheaN, thanks for sharing the clip & the picture. I've been to this tunnel some years back. So many dramas have been filmed on this site like Record of Youth (Park Bogum's drama), Touch Your Heart & Goblin (Lee Dong Wook), Manhole (Jae Joong) many more........  The tunnel has been repainted so, it's highly unlikely that you'd be unable to spot the iconic pieces seen in Goblin scenes. Street art is becoming mainstream in Korea nowadays. A once considered an act of vandalism, graffiti are almost everywhere in Korea now. There are areas and streets in Seoul where you can see obvious display of graffiti. The one you posted is the entrance but inside the tunnel, you can see various graffiti expressed in different strokes and arts. For sure that it has meanings & messages from the artists who drew this.  When I visited this, the tunnel stinks and there are a lot of garbages that nobody dare care to clean up, though. IDK now.......... Nevertheless, it's still a fun place to visit. :headbang:

• Love 1

*** Kwak Dong Yeon had an interview recently and he said NICE words about Taec. He shared that "Taecyeon worked hard to always create a bright atmosphere on the set. His refreshing energy is charming. I think his charm is the way he uses that side of him to make everyone have fun on set.” I was  impressed in his acting as Jang Han Seo in "Vincenzo."  :cutekitty:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0004794474

• Wiggle 1

With the new announcement, I'm seeing a lot of pics resurfacing of Taec in hanbok.

spacer.png

This is probably the closest.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This one is from Hansan, but I think he'll be dressed more upscale than this.

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheaN said:

Taec tweet.  He loves to give us spoilers!

Reveal hidden contents

@TheaN, thanks for sharing this. He's sharing now a very small peek of his character in his next drama “The Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi”! Taecyeon will take the lead role here. Ahhh............he's such a teaser only showing the bottom corner of his face wearing a hanbok with a caption -  “Hello, I am a secret royal inspector. I will get into trouble if I show you everything, so just look at this.”  He also added the hashtags “The Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi” and “Ra Yi Eon.” He also shows us that gomusin he's wearing........... Taec is indeed a spoiler king! What a way to tease us. The drama is slated for broadcast in the second half of this year (2021). This will be his first historical drama so, I hope he will look good wearing all these traditional clothes & shoes. I'm glad that he's back again on the screen.  :crazymad:

Edited by serenilmauve
Don't quote images! Thanks!
  • LOL 1