Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

*** Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Been  sent Taecyeon surprise audio messages during his solo FM in celebration of the new year. Song Joong Ki, had a long and heartfelt message for him. He was surprised with audio messages from his co-stars. (Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, Kim Yeo Jin, and Jo Han Chul!) Song Joong Ki made Taecyeon smile and laugh by introducing himself as the titular character. I'm sure this made Taecyeon's day!   During the FM "Vincenzo" drama was brought up. When asked about filming, he explained that he has positive memories despite the complex and difficult role.  :ohboy2:

When hearing from Jo Han Chul, Taecyeon couldn’t hide his surprise! While their relationship onscreen was complicated, offscreen, these two have a great friendship!  :heart2beat:

"Chairman Jang, happy new year! This is Han Seung Hyuk. Are you doing well? For this year, I hope you can do anything that you want and that things go well for you. I hope that I can see you and sometimes talk about stuff. Have fun and eat a lot of good food. Anyway, I hope you stay safe and be healthy, stay in shape, and let’s live our best! "

— Jo Han Chul

Kim Yeo Jin also sent well wishes for the new year.  :blush:

"Chairman Jang, this is Choi Myung Hee. How have you been? The new year has come. For the new year, I hope you become sexier, receive more love, and give more love. Our chairman, I have always known that you are a good and warm person. For this year, chairman, I hope that you are able to do the things that you want to do. Do everything without being conscious of what those rascals say or not say. Also, no matter what, you have to be healthy. "

— Kim Yeo Jin

Jeon Yeo Been’s message truly surprised Taecyeon. She even attempted to have him guess who she was first before revealing her identity!  :heart2beat:

" Hello Taecyeon oppa! Who do you think I am? This is Yeo Been! Oppa, last year in 2021, I was able to meet you again through Vincenzo. Thank you so much for being a great sunbae and co-worker. The villain, out of all the villains, it makes me think how hard and lonely it must have been as the center. Despite that, I am thankful that you were able to act amazingly as Jang Jun Woo/Jang Han Seok. For this 2022: oppa‘s joy, your whole joy, I hope that it stays with you forever… Also, always stay healthy, and, as separate and together, become good colleagues. Bye! "

— Jeon Yeo Been

Last but not least, the great Vincenzo himself, Song Joong Ki, had a long and heartfelt message for Taecyeon. Song Joong Ki made Taecyeon smile and laugh by introducing himself as the titular character.  :ohboy2:

" Taecyeon-ah, hello! This is Vincenzo. I always miss you, and it’s been a long time since I have been in a project where I am always thankful. Also, in the middle is actor Ok Taecyeon who was able to hold it together, and I always think that you are the most important part, Taecyeon-ah. It was a really hard character in our drama, and you must have had a difficult time. You did so well, and as a sunbae and a fellow colleague, I want to say you worked really hard. Finally, I thought that it was severe to send our Jang Jun Woo lawyer like that, but I also didn’t like Jang Joon Woo, so I think it is the right thing to do. Honestly, I feel bad, but it also means that you were able to act as that character, so I want to say thank you once again. Today, I hope you have a great time with your fans. And, to the fans, I hope that you have a fun time with Taecyeon. Happy New Year and this has been Song Joong Ki! "

— Song Joong Ki

M9_CHENXcCnD-x-v6kUpMsGUX7ovtb-tbQ8HEkwr

EU80h6IxOG6focCzWPzKYnOwcsARCtSJW_EUjA2x

eXskRdjW2qzxzGJAyqXFzAvkHe9uSOhX6ULzuQ9c

Spoiler

I2cHGkSM0CJSBYVUTHgZPaxwSYYXsZL801DpCrSS

Spoiler

Source: @Ok_Bingu, @shajipuragi and 51K

• Thanks 1

*** Taecyeon's exclusive interview by Pinkvilla, post the successful series finale of "Secret Royal Inspector & Joy." He spoke candidly about his first acting experience in a historical comedy drama, his co-star Kim Hye Yoon in the drama's one endearing quality, why he finds comedic scenes harder to shoot than dramatic sequences, the simple secret behind his 'Captain Korea' nickname, and Greek God-like physique and a special message for his Indian Hottest.  Can't wait to see Taecyeon in more dramas and movies!  :7555_attack:

ok_taecyeon_inspector_joy_interview1.jpg

Check out snippets from Taecyeon's EXCLUSIVE interview with Pinkvilla below:

Secret Royal Inspector & Joy is your first acting experience in a historical comedy drama. Portraying Ra Yi Eon for six months, what's the one aspect of this genre that you'd take back as an actor in your future dramas and movies?

Trying out different genres and new roles is always a challenge for actors. I could always stay in my comfort zone, yet acting in a historical drama was very enticing. Through this genre, I learned the historical genre tone and dialect and I'm sure next time I act in a historical drama, I will be able to use the tone better.

Fans have been loving your comedic timing in your recent projects, especially with how theatrical it is. What was harder for you to tackle in Secret Royal Inspector & Joy; comedy sequences or emotional scenes?

I think both of the sequences are hard but comedy is much harder. Comedic scenes are hard because while shooting them, it's always fun, but we had to worry if the viewers are going to like this comedy or not.

Kim Hye Yoon called you the mood maker on the sets of Secret Royal Inspector & Joy. What was the one quality of Kim Hye Yoon that you found the most endearing while filming?

Kim Hye Yoon is such a great, talented actress. She had a strong energy and her luminescence light up the whole atmosphere on the set. She was very open to trying out various methods to create the show and we would try different versions of the scene during the rehearsal and pick out the best one. I've never met anyone with such positivity and hope to see her in another project soon.

You are adoringly known as Captain Korea. What would you say is the secret behind your fitness?

Eat well, sleep well, work out well. Nothing special!

Is there a message that you'd like to send to Indian Hottest (2PM's fandom!), who adore you both as a 2PM member and a talented, versatile actor with an impressive acting range?

Thank you for your love and support all the way from India! Even though I have not been to India yet, I would love to go there and meet you in person! I'll come back soon with another project, until then always be healthy and happy!

Stay tuned for Pinkvilla's interview Part 2 with Taecyeon, where he speaks candidly about his scene-stealing act as Jang Han Seok in Vincenzo:Megathanks:

source : Pinkvilla

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

*** Amongst the most loved dramas from last year, "Vincenzo"  tops the list for many K-drama enthusiasts. It was also the other leading and supporting cast that deserves major props for bringing to life this drama and this is Taecyeon. (Jang Han Seok in Vincenzo) - Here's Pinkvilla's interview Part 2 with Taecyeon. He was asked about his scene-stealing act as Jang Han Seok in Vincenzo, his hardest character to play to date, and shooting Jang Han

Seok's hellish death scene.  :kaching1:

Check out snippets from Ok Taecyeon's EXCLUSIVE interview with Pinkvilla for Vincenzo below:

From Cinderella's Sister to Dream High, Save Me to Vincenzo and now Secret Royal Inspector & Joy, your fans would agree that every character you play has a complexity so starkly different from the other which makes it so much fun to watch as an audience. Which drama character from these would you say is the closest to you and which was the hardest drama character to play and why?

Jang Han Seok of Vincenzo. No doubt about it. it was hard for me to portrait a character who happens to be a psychopathic killer and yet, the mind of a 7-year-old kid. The director of Vincenzo had a clear vision of how Jang Han Seok should be expressed and acted and even though the direction was clear and precise, it was a bit burden for me to act as a ruthless killer. 

As for the similar character, it's Ra Yi Eon [from Secret Royal Inspector & Joy], of course. Love for the food and people around him, I'd say Ra Yi Eon is Taecyeon of Chosun Era. While acting as Ra Yi Eon, I was very comfortable and I was able to try different ways to express Ra Yi Eon.

I have to ask you this as there are many Vincenzo fans in India. What did you think of Jang Han Seok's brutal death sequence in Vincenzo and how was it to shoot that particular scene with Song Joong Ki?

Through the death of Jang Han Seok, viewers were able to feel the catharsis. Jang Han Seok was hated by everyone and his gruesome death, even though it was not justified, in a way, it delivered justice. Song Joong Ki was always gentle and nice on the set. Before the shoot started, he made sure that the equipment used to kill Jang Han Seok will not hurt me.

source : Pinkvilla

3 hours ago, TheaN said:

Taecyeon's latest project "Blind" on OCN.

@TheaN thanks for sharing this good news. Wow.....................new project right away. I'm glad that he took this drama. But, Jung Eun Ji is still reviewing the offer. So, this will be aired in the second half of the year - June 25. “Blind” depicts the story of people who have unfairly become victims and ordinary perpetrators who have closed their eyes to uncomfortable truths. It is centered around detectives, judges, law school students, and jurors. I wonder what character is Taecyeon playing in this new drama. This will be directed & produced by Shin Yong Hwi  who was also the PD of “Tunnel” and “Voice 4.”  The plots sounds amazing!!   :ohboy2:

0005033272_001_20220120105003453.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=277&aid=0005033272

spacer.png

2PM’s Taecyeon And Ha Seok Jin Confirmed For New Drama + Apink’s Jung Eun Ji In Talks

2PM’s Taecyeon, Ha Seok Jin, and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji may be starring in a new project together!

On January 20, one media outlet reported that the three actors have been cast in the new OCN series “Blind” (literal title).

In response to the reports, OCN confirmed, “Taecyeon and Ha Seok Jin are confirmed to star in ‘Blind.’  Jung Eun Ji is reviewing [the offer to star in the drama]. ‘Blind’ will be aired via OCN in the second half of the year.”

“Blind” depicts the story of people who have unfairly become victims and ordinary perpetrators who have closed their eyes to uncomfortable truths. It is centered around detectives, judges, law school students, and jurors.

“Blind” will be written by screenwriter Keun Ki Kyung, who wrote “Andante,” and directed by producing director (PD) Shin Yong Hwi of “Tunnel” and “Voice 4.”

6 minutes ago, willenette said:

I wonder what character is Taecyeon playing in this new drama. 

He will be playing Ryu Seong-Jun, a detective.

4 minutes ago, TheaN said:

2PM’s Taecyeon And Ha Seok Jin Confirmed For New Drama + Apink’s Jung Eun Ji In Talks

2PM’s Taecyeon, Ha Seok Jin, and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji may be starring in a new project together!

On January 20, one media outlet reported that the three actors have been cast in the new OCN series “Blind” (literal title).

In response to the reports, OCN confirmed, “Taecyeon and Ha Seok Jin are confirmed to star in ‘Blind.’  Jung Eun Ji is reviewing [the offer to star in the drama]. ‘Blind’ will be aired via OCN in the second half of the year.”

“Blind” depicts the story of people who have unfairly become victims and ordinary perpetrators who have closed their eyes to uncomfortable truths. It is centered around detectives, judges, law school students, and jurors.

“Blind” will be written by screenwriter Keun Ki Kyung, who wrote “Andante,” and directed by producing director (PD) Shin Yong Hwi of “Tunnel” and “Voice 4.”

He will be playing Ryu Seong-Jun, a detective.

@TheaN ohhh...................thanks for the reply. I'm sure he'll be a good detective since he'll be a male lead. I look forward to his acting transformation again in this new drama.  :kaching3:

p1065581931220175_173_thum.jpg

photo source : https://www.sportsw.kr/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065581931220175

*** Remember this 'Caribbean Bay' CF? Featuring Girls' Generation and 2PM, the commercial was released back in 2010. The CF has become acclaimed as one of the hottest CFs in K-pop history. Not to mention, finding two opposite-gender groups with revealing attires in one commercial. They showed some skinship in this CF. YoonA and Taecyeon even had a love line to show. I wonder if actually we still can make such a CF like this nowadays.   :sweet:

20220120_074420_195_0.jpg

source : Source: [Youtube] Dyrennat

• Love 1

4 Thriller K-Dramas From OCN That You Will Have To Watch In 2022

OCN is known for its thriller, action, and mystery K-Dramas that attract a huge fandom of K-Drama fans.

Their dramas are more action-packed, thrilling, and dark compared to other K-Dramas. Common themes include mutants, cults, drugs, superheroes, crime, etc. 

Dramas such as "Voice", "Player", "Tunnel", "The Uncanny Counter", and more have made the channel gain a huge following. 

Here are 4 OCN K-Dramas airing in 2022 that we think you need to have on your watchlist.

3. "Blind"

OCN-dramas-2022_blind.png

Starring: 2PM's Ok TaecYeon, Ha SeokJin, APINK's Jeong EunJi 

Summary: It is a drama that revolves around crime and the judicial system and tells the story of the falsely accused. 

Airing date: From July

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/4-thriller-kdramas-from-ocn-that-you-will-have-to-watch-in-2022/

• Like 1

*** "Blind" is the first K-drama of Taecyeon this year.  :7555_attack:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2PM’s Taecyeon, Ha Seok Jin and Apink's Jung Eun Ji in Talks to Star in Upcoming OCN Drama ‘Blind’

2pm-s-taecyeon-ha-seok-jin-and-apinks-ju

OCN is reportedly casting 2PM's Taecyeon, Ha Seok Jin, and Apink's Jung Eun Ji as the lead stars of upcoming Kdrama "Blind."

According to reports, the trio will unite to play the main characters of the broadcast network's new thriller mystery series.

Helmed by the director of sci-fi Kdrama "Tunnel" Shin Yong Hwi and penned by "Andante's" writer Kwon Ki Kyung, "Blind" revolves around the stories of detectives, judges, juries, and law students as they solve the case of people who become victims of an unfair justice system.

Although the drama officials are still discussing the cast lineup and the actors' possible characters, the OCN series is scheduled to air in the second half of the year.

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/123573/20220119/2pm-s-taecyeon-ha-seok-jin-apinks-jung-eun-ji.htm

2PM’s Taecyeon, B1A4 Jinyoung, And INFINITE’s L: 3 K-Pop Idols Who Also Built-Up Successful Acting Careers

Most of the time, idols would try their hand at acting. However, not all were able to maintain an active acting career together with their idol activities, let alone be successful in both.  In this article, we listed 3 male K-Pop idols who have successfully transitioned into acting while being full-fledged musicians.

2PM's Taecyeon

Since his stint with the hit 2011 musical drama "Dream High," Taecyeon has become one of the most prominent idol-actor in the industry. Recently, Taecyeon made waves in the industry not because of his six-packed abs but with his incredible portrayal of the Jang Joon Woo, the menacing villain in "Vincenzo." Taecyeon also recently starred in the drama "Secret Royal Inspector & Joy."

Despite signing with a new agency to better promote his acting activities, Taecyeon remains to be an active member of JYP Entertainment boy group 2PM. In fact, the group 2PM made their highly-anticipated comeback in June of last year with their seventh studio album "MUST."

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : KoreaPortal

*** 2021 has been a busy year for Taecyeon. His popularity pushed even more after his portrayal as villain of the drama "Vincenzo."He has another project after wrapping the drama, which was the historical drama "Secret Royal Inspector & Joy." For this year, aside from upcoming drama "Blind," he is also cast in the movie "Hansan." I'm just so happy for all the blessings coming his way.  :blush:

[New Drama] "Blind - 2022"

photo1418294.jpg

Directed by Sin Yong-hwi

Written by Kwon Gi-kyeong

Network: OCN

With Ok Taecyeon, Ha Seok-jin, Jung Eun-ji,...

Synopsis
A human drama about people who have become unfair victims and ordinary perpetrators who are blind to uncomfortable truths. It also depicts a mystery thriller that tracks criminals.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2022/Second half

K-drama casting latest: Hellbound star Yoo Ah-in set for another Netflix Original series; Vincenzo's Taecyeon to play detective

The eternal fight against injustice will be the theme for many upcoming K-dramas if the latest casting announcements are anything to go by, with top stars lining up to play prosecutors, lawyers and detectives.

Fans of the Hollywood movie Don’t Look Up may also be interested in a major new Netflix disaster drama in the works.

Blind

220122_vincenzo_netflix.jpegTaecyeon in a still from Vincenzo. PHOTO: Netflix

Vincenzo star and 2PM K-pop boy band member Taecyeon has signed on to appear in the upcoming drama Blind on Korean cable channel OCN. He will play violent-crimes detective Ryu Sung-jun in the series, which will also feature lawyers, judges and victims of the judicial system.

Also cast are Ha Seok-jin (When I Was the Most Beautiful) and Apink singer Jung Eun-ji (Work Later, Drink Now). The show will be directed by Shin Yong-hwi (Voice 4) and written by Kwon Ki-Kyung (Andante). Blind was previously announced with actor Ong Seong-wu attached in the role that will now be played by Taecyeon.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : AsiaOne

These Are tvN’s Top 12 K-Dramas Ever Released

Guaranteed to keep you hooked!

Channel tvN has been pushing out some binge-worthy K-Dramas since the last decade. And with Crash Landing On You having aired its final episode on February 16, 2020, the channel now boasts a new “Top 5” that kept the most viewers hooked!

8. Vincenzo (2021)

fJCBAb3uOEIFvbtqaAl-3IKOpBYLNpeuRHqIgL8mgZTZTMGo5zsnaNJm5jA-hwHvhZOXTz7lg7Ggdxi1rRCbHEHvwfWqwWYWsNtvfPY_0mhfCJA=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

This 2021 mashup of a crime/thriller and dark comedy peaked at 14.636% viewer ratings, and there’s a reason why!

From the chemistry between the leads of Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, and Taecyeon to the constant laughs, viewers were hooked!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo