[drama 2010] The birth of the rich 부자의 탄생

Guest conduongmuathu

this rating thing is really silly I mean they watch the show for 15 episods and then they decide to drop it that is weird I kept watching stairway to heaven till the end even though I thought it was awful but you have to see how it ends

this final twist does not make any sense because of the DNA test and the necklace but its a korean drama and everything is possible and it would be better if he was really the father cause that solves it all

@clockwatcher

do you mean the new hair band that she is wearing I think that SB gave it to her after the kiss and was that a magical kiss or something cause the poor girl lost her head after that :P

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this rating thing is really silly I mean they watch the show for 15 episods and then they decide to drop it that is weird I kept watching stairway to heaven till the end even though I thought it was awful but you have to see how it ends

this final twist does not make any sense because of the DNA test and the necklace but its a korean drama and everything is possible and it would be better if he was really the father cause that solves it all

@clockwatcher

do you mean the new hair band that she is wearing I think that SB gave it to her after the kiss and was that a magical kiss or something cause the poor girl lost her head after that :P

Yeah, the ratings... I've given up shows after like 18 episodes, lol, but I don't think this drama has gotten less interesting. Unless some people just watched for the romance and figure it's all been resolved so what's the point? I agree with cksdayoff that it's better now than say in episode 4.

Oh... I didn't know he got her a hair band in ep 17... I usually kinda skim without subs so I must have missed it. Thanks! lol... yeah, the poor child is totally gone. I kinda felt bad for her. :lol: Lil Miss Stingy Hard richard simmons is like a lil puppy now. If a simple kiss can do that to her, what will she do after they spend a passionate night together? :lol: I wonder if we'll get a wedding in this drama. Hmm...

lol... oh, one thing that cracks me up about Lee Bo Young is that she totally can't run. LOL :P She's been cracking me up since like ep 6 or so when she was "jogging" before she went to SB's house to offer him a loan. It was so obvious that she's not someone that runs regularly. She kinda flails her arms and legs. lol... I just laugh every time she's in a running scene.

Guest eatnsnooze

So bad that I can't understand Korean. Reading all the posts mentioning SB's father makes me confused. How can the man in hospital be Bong's dad? :unsure: In Ep. 11, Bong took an DNA test with Joon Tae aka Tae Hee's uncle and the result turned out negative; which means there is no chance of father-son relationship.

You can watch from 31: 56' Ep. 11 for this:

Tae Hee's Dad: Choi Suk Bong is here because of his necklace. We did paternity test with Joon Tae. It came back negative.

Woon Seok's dad: That is how it is. Why did you do paternity test with Joon Tae?

Tae Hee's Dad: the owner of necklace is Joon Tae, who else but Joon Tae?

Woon Seok's dad: You did not know about this then? The owner of the necklace is not Joon Tae! ....The necklace was taken by Chul Min. At that time, one set was made and it was shared!....

(sub by The Rich Team @ viikii.net)

Really confused because of the PD! :angry:

Maybe Taehee's dad "faked" the DNA test in fear that SB is really JT'as son (in which case, he might have some legal right to JT's inheritance?). Or unless they're pulling the "we got the wrong hair" plotline again--but I doubt they would be THAT repetitive? Or SB's mother lied...and SB's real father is not the guy who gave her the necklace but her ex-boyfriend's?

Guest blackjackVip

I don't understand why historical dramas are more popular than this.

no offense, but i find those kinda boring...lol.

anyways, still waiting for ep. 13!!!...

i've been skipping comments...don't wanna read spoilers...kekeke

Maybe he BKH scare because innheritance HJT will become SB . and BKH have nothing (remember while speak with NGM that he remind same like he when was young ago ) BKH married HJT sisters right ?

WBD was someone in the past that project the metal .. by HJT

frontier ? still dunno ... hahahhahhaha :) :)

This is possible since he is such a greed. So, the DNA could be fake or never exist at all.

I'm gonna go back to the earlier episodes and make sure Shin Mi's dad was the one who missed a flight that ultimately ended up crashing.

it doesnt make sense does it? BotR is so much better now than several weeks ago. I guess that just shows you how popular historical dramas are, if that is what is competing with BotR.

Shinmi's dad did miss a crashing flight but don't know if it's the same flight as SB's dad. (It was mentioned in the earlier episode...as usual, I forgot which one..^-^). If the PD wants SB and SM to end as a couple, than LJH can't be SB's dad though I personally think that LJH's looks actually fits Son Ho Young better than HJT. Their eyes. ;)

I think it is Personal Taste, Cinderella Sister and Prosecutor Princess and not historical dramas IMO.

I am not surprised with the drop in ratings as the storyline was weak and draggy in the middle episodes. What happened to SB's cancer? Long forgotten..? Beefing up the last few epis can't help becos along the way better dramas with better looking hunks intercepted.

The cancer got resolved in episode 6 or 7. Shin Mi gave him money for the surgery and he had it.

All these other dramas don't compete against TBOTR because they are on Wednesday and Thursday while TBOTR is on Monday and Tuesday. This drama competes against Dong Yi which is a historical drama.

Guest serendipityyy

Glad to see that the spy has been caught - it's about time. Wish it was sooner.

sorry to cut up your post like this but..

did the spy get caught? haha i must be the least attentive viewer ever! why don't i recall this moment? :(

ps. clockwatcher, i love your soompi id :) is it by any chance a reference to jason mraz's "clockwatching" song? am i stretchin it? haha

I think it is Personal Taste, Cinderella Sister and Prosecutor Princess and not historical dramas IMO.

PT, CS and PP both air on Wed and Thurs. Birth of the Rich airs on Mondays and Tuesdays, so those 3 shows wouldn't be able to hurt BotR ratings wise.

I am not surprised with the drop in ratings as the storyline was weak and draggy in the middle episodes. What happened to SB's cancer? Long forgotten..?

it would suck if the cancer came back wouldn't it :/

sorry to cut up your post like this but..

did the spy get caught? haha i must be the least attentive viewer ever! why don't i recall this moment? :(

ps. clockwatcher, i love your soompi id :) is it by any chance a reference to jason mraz's "clockwatching" song? am i stretchin it? haha

lol. I don't understand Korean so I'm assuming he got caught. In episode 18, when Shin Mi's assistant and the mouth spray guy took the stairs (to give SB and SM some privacy), they caught the double agent having a conversation on the phone. From their reactions, I assumed he'd been caught. I could very well be wrong.

lol. Thanks :) Unfortunately, it's not. I'm just a clockwatcher... lol... waiting for 5 to strike every weekday so I can get off work :D

Guest serendipityyy

i keep watching every the last few episodes intently, hoping that if i stare hard and long enough, the answer to this mess will pop out at me but.. no luck yet :( hahah

the one thing that does bother me is how the black suit, sunglasses agent found the box containing SB's identical necklace.. which is weird because when SB's dad gave the necklace to SB's mom in the first place, he said it was one of a kind... i mean, clearly its not one of kind then. are they both real? is one of them a fake replica? which one?

wouldn't it be utterly anticlimatic if it turned out SB has nothing to do with any of these people and he's not even the son of a chaebol?

ASdkjhweW*OER sorry, i'll quit saying ridiculous things haha

lol. I don't understand Korean so I'm assuming he got caught. In episode 18, when Shin Mi's assistant and the mouth spray guy took the stairs (to give SB and SM some privacy), they caught the double agent having a conversation on the phone. From their reactions, I assumed he'd been caught. I could very well be wrong.

OHHHH gotcha! haha i was thinking you were talking about the agent, the one in the black suit wearing sunglasses but reading your reply, i totally get that you were talking about that company worker. HAHA sorry i must be out of it hahah

Guest jackk211

I am not surprised with the drop in ratings as the storyline was weak and draggy in the middle episodes. What happened to SB's cancer? Long forgotten..? Beefing up the last few epis can't help becos along the way better dramas with better looking hunks intercepted.

yes I am very confused about the necklace thing as well I guess we have to wait and see

when I think about it this can not be another my father killed your father so plz forgive kind of drama cause after all it is a romantic comedy and I also think that SB's reaction is exaggerated cause he had never seen that father anyway

I Don't like the fisherman's new look now that he is all cleaned up and everything and does this new look means that he will be the one winning the assistant's heart :lol:

Guest blackjackVip

OMO!

i just finished watching ep. 13! cliffhanger again!

i wonder until what ep are they going to extend the "lost dad"..it's getting really draggy about seok bong's dad's identity.

anyways, i like how Tae Hee is slowly getting infatuated with Seok Bong too!..haha

i wanna see Tae Hee and Shin Mi cat fight over Seok Bong!...that would be really exciting. :P

Ep. 14 is the kiss scene right?

can't wait for it!!! <3

sooo LETS all FIGHTING!!!! use this forum to make ratings BOTR gets better rank :) . lets make promotion review rank in all site thats rate BOTR .. i done it :)) hahaha.. :) FIGHTING!!!! :P

i hear dramabeans gave BotR an initial bad review, a lot of dramas you really cant tell if its good or bad until viewing atleast 3 episodes. they shouldve given BotR a chance.

Guest ripgal

BOTR is really giving my head a blunder. It really takes 20 episodes to discover the identity of SB's birth father. Amazing.

But what I really like about this drama is SB and Shin Mi's relationship. I love that they're honest and straightforward with each other and do not beat around the bush about things that are difficult to say. SB has always been very honest and upfront about his situation and his feelings towards SM, and SM doesn't really shy away from her feelings towards SB as well (unlike a lot of other K-drama female leads). The only element which isn't quite the same with other K-dramas out there.

Further, Lee Shi Young's Bu Tae Hee has got to be one of my favourite and most ADORABLE mean girl character out there. It's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to hate her tho she's crazy and OTT all the time. She really goes all out and screams like no other, but her expressions are really amusing to watch. She's got fantastic comedic timing. I hope she ends up with Woon Seok. hehehe..

Guest juma48

http://l.yimg.com/go/news/picture/2010/l3/...l3_074755_0.jpg

Who plays the son of the ahjussi who cohabit with CSB?

The one who sings with the guitar?

...l3_074755_0.jpg

^This has been answer a lot of times if u backtrack a few pages more... :D

Anyway the guy is a singer from the group I the Tri top's, his name is Jang Yoojoon...

Likewise i think Bu tae hee character really stand out from the rest of the cast and make the drama more interesting to watch...

Guest jackk211

^This has been answer a lot of times if u backtrack a few pages more... :D

Anyway the guy is a singer from the group I the Tri top's, his name is Jang Yoojoon...

Likewise i think Bu tae hee character really stand out from the rest of the cast and make the drama more interesting to watch...

yess agree :))

Archived