[drama 2010] The birth of the rich 부자의 탄생

Guest conduongmuathu

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please provide a quick summary of the finale? Pretty please?

- Seok Bong finds the portrait of his mom in JuTae's hospital room, it took him a while to put it all together, that JuTae is his dad, but things didn't match up, ie, blood test.

- When BuTae's dad did the DNA test of SeokBong and JuTae, it did indeed turn out to be a positive match. If SeokBong found out, he would inherit everything that JuTae owned...which meant taking over the BooHo group, which was being run by BuTae's dad. Because of this, BuTae's dad fakes some documents and gives SeokBong a false DNA test result. BuTae's dad and WoonSuk's dad both conspired to mislead SeokBong into thinking his father was Chul Min.

- BuTae's dad was not the true inheritor of the BooHo group as he wasn't an heir by blood. He was able to own the company because of his marriage to JuTae's sister. JuTae was not mentally sound or capable to own the company so it was given over to BuTae's dad by default. So he would've lost everything he had worked hard for to give over to his son and BuTae and had he lost everything, his children would not look at him the same and his reputation would've been tarnished. He was deathly afraid of that, that's why he was crying in the scene with SM's dad.

- It turns out there was originally only one necklace. That necklace belongs to Chul Min. Seok Bong's dad, Ju Tae, had a pair of earrings with that symbol, but Ju Tae didn't want to wear earrings, so he made a copy of Chul Min's necklace without Shin Mi's dad knowing. In the flashback scene, JuTae tells ChulMin not to tell JoongHeon (ShinMi's dad) about the copying of the necklace or JH would throw a fit and get pissed off (JH owned the ring with the symbol).

- Flash forward to the present, all this time Shin Mi's dad thought there was only one necklace, and that belongs to Chul Min, that's why he automatically assumed Chul Min was Seok Bong's dad.

- The old lady dies, everyone meets up at the viewing. Seok Bong finally confront's BuTae's dad. Asks him what the hell is going on and why JuTae has a portrait of his mother. BT's dad finally confesses, out of guilt, and because his son and daughter both do not have respect for him, because all he cared about was money so he wanted to make things right, and do good for the first time and consequently, Seok Bong passes out at the news.

- Frontier Group is in deep poop now, because Ju Tae has an heir and the documents that WoonSeok's dad stole belong to SeokBong. I believe those documents were for some land/business that JuTae was developing that's worth a lot of money. WoonSeok's dad decides to speed up the process and get that land sold ASAP to some Japanese company.

The only other person that knows about this is BuTae's dad and he learns about whats about to happen so he tries to get there before Frontier Group signs the contract and hands over the land to the Japanese company. WoonSeok's dad hears about this and gets some baddies to intercept BT and her dad. As they're getting attacked BT texts WoonSeok, who is about to sign paperwork, to save her.

everything is pretty straight forward after that. I love endings like this because the PD and writers leave a lot of time at the end to show the resolution

btw, WoonSeok's dad became a mental vegetable after all that had happened. WoonSeok is getting the brunt of the punishment. BooHo group wasn't turned over to Seok Bong, BT's dad still owns it, I think.

Guest jackk211

- Seok Bong finds the portrait of his mom in JuTae's hospital room, it took him a while to put it all together, that JuTae is his dad, but things didn't match up, ie, blood test.

- When BuTae's dad did the DNA test of SeokBong and JuTae, it did indeed turn out to be a positive match. If SeokBong found out, he would inherit everything that JuTae owned...which meant taking over the BooHo group, which was being run by BuTae's dad. Because of this, BuTae's dad fakes some documents and gives SeokBong a false DNA test result. BuTae's dad and WoonSuk's dad both conspired to mislead SeokBong into thinking his father was Chul Min.

- BuTae's dad was not the true inheritor of the BooHo group as he wasn't an heir by blood. He was able to own the company because of his marriage to JuTae's sister. JuTae was not mentally sound or capable to own the company so it was given over to BuTae's dad by default. So he would've lost everything he had worked hard for to give over to his son and BuTae and had he lost everything, his children would not look at him the same and his reputation would've been tarnished. He was deathly afraid of that, that's why he was crying in the scene with SM's dad.

- It turns out there was originally only one necklace. That necklace belongs to Chul Min. Seok Bong's dad, Ju Tae, had a pair of earrings with that symbol, but Ju Tae didn't want to wear earrings, so he made a copy of Chul Min's necklace without Shin Mi's dad knowing. In the flashback scene, JuTae tells ChulMin not to tell JoongHeon (ShinMi's dad) about the copying of the necklace or JH would throw a fit and get pissed off (JH owned the ring with the symbol).

- Flash forward to the present, all this time Shin Mi's dad thought there was only one necklace, and that belongs to Chul Min, that's why he automatically assumed Chul Min was Seok Bong's dad.

- The old lady dies, everyone meets up at the viewing. Seok Bong finally confront's BuTae's dad. Asks him what the hell is going on and why JuTae has a portrait of his mother. BT's dad finally confesses, out of guilt, and because his son and daughter both do not have respect for him, because all he cared about was money so he wanted to make things right, and do good for the first time and consequently, Seok Bong passes out at the news.

- Frontier Group is in deep poop now, because Ju Tae has an heir and the documents that WoonSeok's dad stole belong to SeokBong. I believe those documents were for some land/business that JuTae was developing that's worth a lot of money. WoonSeok's dad decides to speed up the process and get that land sold ASAP to some Japanese company.

The only other person that knows about this is BuTae's dad and he learns about whats about to happen so he tries to get there before Frontier Group signs the contract and hands over the land to the Japanese company. WoonSeok's dad hears about this and gets some baddies to intercept BT and her dad. As they're getting attacked BT texts WoonSeok, who is about to sign paperwork, to save her.

everything is pretty straight forward after that. I love endings like this because the PD and writers leave a lot of time at the end to show the resolution

btw, WoonSeok's dad became a mental vegetable after all that had happened. WoonSeok is getting the brunt of the punishment. BooHo group wasn't turned over to Seok Bong, BT's dad still owns it, I think.

THANK YOUU :)) very full review. kamsamida :))

Thanks!!

But in all honesty, WS and TH's fathers conspiring really doesn't mesh with that scene where Bu Tae tells him that the DNA test didn't match and WS's father was like, "That's because he's Chul Min's" child. I'm going to have to rewatch but that doesn't make sense. If they were conspiring then that scene wouldn't exist. Not like they were acting for some cameras or something.

Thanks!!

But in all honesty, WS and TH's fathers conspiring really doesn't mesh with that scene where Bu Tae tells him that the DNA test didn't match and WS's father was like, "That's because he's Chul Min's" child. I'm going to have to rewatch but that doesn't make sense. If they were conspiring then that scene wouldn't exist. Not like they were acting for some cameras or something.

you're right. WoonSeok was the one that had JuTae's strand of hair right? So it was WoonSeok's dad who mislead everyone in the first place?

I wish I could go back and check the earlier episodes but I deleted them all to save space on the harddrive :(

edit: oh I get it now. Okay, so BuTae's dad is the sole culprit here. He was the only one who knew that there were two necklaces and that JuTae was SB's dad. Everyone else including WoonSeok's dad thought Chul Min was SB's dad because nobody knew about the second necklace.

just want to know what happened to WS and TH at the end?

She's still loyal to him, even though they cant be together at the moment. They never go into detail about his sentence. He confesses that he loves her -- to himself.

jackk211, no prob :)

Guest tchq90

Can someone tell me what did WS write on TH's palm when she visited him in the prison... This couple is incredibly cute... Nam Goong Min is so cool...

Have fantastic feeling watching the final episode of Birth of the Rich and at the same time ah..... :mellow: want to see more. Even WS and TH have good ending.

Funny ending for butler for Lee family (Bulldog) and Wan Byung Do (fisherman) because both of them did not get TH assistant however they have each other to comfort themselves.

Han So Jung I mean LSM secretary more become like her bos LSM and a man who love spray his mouth with something (don't know his name) chase after her and Han So Jung do the same thing spray her mouth.

There are other character I wonder what happen to them but never mind. Watch final episode yeah B) .

Thanks for all of you. :D . Enjoy reading the comment here and at dramabeans.com.

Guest blackjackVip

OMG!

I just finished watching episode 14!! :D

waaaaaaah!

cliffhanger at the end! but i love this epi too :)

Finally, after 100 years...Tae hee's dad told Seok Bung about his father!!

so his name is "Kang Chul Min"?

So Chul Min, is bestfriend with Shin Mi's dad, and the guy at the hospital right?

So can anyone just confirm if it's really Chul Min? his mystery dad?

btw, about weon suk...i didn't really like him from the start, but now my feelings for him is pity. It was sad that he was getting bullied when he was young. but the cute thing is Tae Hee has always been there for him! it's so funny how tae hee fights for him...that scene is priceless..and she was still fat! LMAO.

anyways, can't wait for the next episode!

just a question, so at the next ep. is he going to finally meet his dad?!!

but i have a weird feelings his dad is already dead. :(

Guest kim08_1

I really enjoyed watching this drama. Although, there are times it's kind of frustrating when the "Dad Guessing Game" seems never ending. Well it took up to episode 19 for the writer to reveal who is his dad. But what makes the waiting bearable was the fact that it is not about the missing father but rather Choi Seok Bong journey in finding himself. Sometimes, having a rich family gives one person confidence and pride. But here it was shown that you are capable being rich on your own. But one character I truly adore was Bu Tae He the child like attitude was really funny and I believe she has the best character, when she accepts a man for his good and bad side and remain loyal to him. You can speculate that Woon Suk had hope because of her. He didn't really became the bad guy because of Tae He showing him kindness inspite of knowing his true colors. Nice drama and has a lot of good lessons to be learned.

oh LBY looked so pretty in the kissing scene for me SM & WS were my fav characters Maybe cause they are my fav actors and I really do wish that someday NGM will take the lead in some drama cause he is so hot and talented and he really should put on some Weight cause he looked so scaringly skinny in this drama

Guest extrafickle

Thanks to cksdayoff for the summary! :D I've yet to finish downloading the last episode (ugh, wi-fi signal is not so good right now).

Overall, I enjoyed this drama, but I think they could have finished this in 16 episodes, like they originally planned (if I'm not mistaken). Too bad the ratings weren't higher for the last episode. :mellow: For me, Bu Tae Hee was the star in this drama. She was something else! Without her, I would've skipped all the episodes in between and just waited for the last or last two episodes just to find out who Choi Seok Bong's dad was. ;)

Archived