Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest shumiko

Is it safe to curl chemical straightened hair?

Guest shumiko

Hey Soompiers!

I got a chemical straightening in HK beginning of January, and I wanted to experiment, curl, crimp my hair but i'm wondering if this will damage the straightening or ruin it?

I'm not exactly sure if it was chemical straightening, but what they did was apply this cream into my hair, put a heat thing on my head or ontop of it and it was there for about 45mins, then they took it away washed it, ironed, apply another cream to make it stay, wait 5mins, rinse, done. In total it took about 3hrs.

Thanks~

Umm, I don't think you should mess around with your hair yet? The salon people always told me not to mess around with my hair for at least a month

Guest shumiko

I did it on Jan 1st day before I left to come back, So I guess I shall wait another week?

Guest sincereJoanna

i had tried it .. it doesnt matter... dont worry.

Guest mika.16

should be fine, its been almost a month right?

i curl my chemically-straightened hair, it goes back to straight when i wash it

Guest cystaltears

actually if they did a good job, you hair isn't suppose to stay curly when u curl it... it goes back to being straight even after u put hair spray on...

Guest janelleski

curlers and curling irons are safe.

if you had your hair rebonded, you cannot try other chemicals on your hair except for the rebonding chemicals.

if you had your hair straightened, you need to wait around 3 months before styling it (rebond, relax, curl, etc)

Guest ingridjoy

i wouldnt try now

wait for a month or so.. so the rebnding ness can stay in your hair.

(:

Guest Kariyon

You should wait for a little while longer, by then it should be fine. If they chemically straightened it properly it should just go back to being straight after you wash your hair =]

Guest xKANA

I would wait a bit longer before doing anything to your hair. My hair is chemically straightened and I have no problem with curling it.

Guest shumiko

Thanks everyone, I'm leaning to waiting for a bit more ;\

Ai..x.x

Guest angeland

^ yes, you should wait a bit longer...

i think the hair straightening you mentioned refers to what we call "ion-straightening" in HK, some stylists even suggest not to tie up the hair (ie no pony tails/ piggy tails) just to keep the straight hair in shape.

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I think it will feel really cunchy if you did that... and also the burning chemical from the iron will make your house smell like rotten eggs X[

Guest J'adore

I'm sure you can. I've chemically straighten my hair 4 times, all they say is do not wash/tie your hair for 3-5 days I think? Otherwise it'll itch like crazy if I couldn't wash it any longer and my hair was perfectly straight.

Since you've got it done since January 1st and it's been 3 weeks now I'm sure it will be fine to do whatever to your hair and just wash it and it will go straight again.

Guest shinhdeplol

i think thats okay. i temporarily curled my straightened hair before. nothing happened ^^

Guest a_a_a

My sister had a chemical straightener and she curls her hair almost every 2-3 days.

Her fringe would look fine and when you touch it its soft.

But when she pulls her hair up and you touch that part, its kinda hard.

I think it depends on how curly or frizzy your hair used to be :/

Guest ddcee

I wouldn't do it yet, since you just got your straight perm.

I've had my perm since July, so roughly 6 months ? I started to curl my hair this month, it didn't really do much to it, after I washed it, blowdry, it was straight again.

Guest kikkie

Eeek don't do it. I got the same hair straightening as you a few years ago when I went to China too. I tied it up because it was freaking hot and there was a bend in it. ):

Guest Babylicious xo12

if your perm was done correctly (i'm assuming it was), it should be fine. you shouldnt hafto wait any long amt. of time before curling your hair. Obviously its not very healthy for your hair since its already chemically straightened, so don't do it often, but its not going to mess up your hair or anything. i have magic straight and i curl my hair about once a month, max 2..for events n stuff..its totally fine.