[Drama 2011] What's Up? 왓츠 업

Guest sayroo

SBS will not air “Poseidon” and “What’s Up”

2011.Feb.21

The Poseidon announcement followed an earlier one about how SBS would not air “What’s Up” as well. On February 20th, SBS’s Kim Young Sub CP revealed the reason why the broadcasting network decided to drop the series.

“I think we need a new challenge, as well as change. It’s not only for the Friday line-up, as we’d like to try new things, in addition to aiding the promotion of the visual industry,” he explained.

The drama began filming last July and is currently 90% complete in all its pre-broadcast preparations.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/sbs-will-not-air-poseidon-and-whats-up

What’s Up and Poseidon lose their airdates

Yeah, so this sucks: Two dramas that were given upcoming timeslots have had them yanked, meaning the university-musical-theater drama What’s Up and the hot-guys-at-sea drama Poseidon are both adrift once more. Thanks, SBS.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/02/whats-up-and-poseidon-lose-their-airdates/

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ohhh that sucks. really sucks. I just went to Dramabeans and found out about this :(

Now we're back to square one on when this drama will air. I'm going to be really sad if they decided to just drop it and forget all about it. It's finally Im Joo Hwan's chance to shine yet siigh. I'm hoping someone will pick this up. I don't care if MBC takes it back again... Just air this drama :( :(

• 9 months later...
Guest alicechen

^ ha! Tiki, I remember! Fans will come swarming in here once trailers begin to come out. I can't wait for this! Daesung and Im Joo Hwan! :wub:

This drama has been through a lot to get an airing date so it must succeed! There's no other way!

It's really annoying me how Kim Ji Won (most recently of High Kick 3) is totally NOT mentioned in any of the news and the cast. I get that she's new compared to the rest of them but to not even have her name mentioned is just kinda rude :/

Anyhow, crazy excited for this!

^^^^ Omg I totally know!!! I was WATching the trailers and she was like one of the main people in all of them. WHY!?!??!?! maybe she only appears for a few eps.

Guest kayana20

Yay finally a good musical drama hope it lives up to the hype. I need something to get me singing and dancing after watching my family drama. I wonder who will be subbing this and I too want Kim Ji Won to get more recognition but if her acting is standout all that will cease.Been waiting a while for this drama.

Yay finally a good musical drama hope it lives up to the hype. I need something to get me singing and dancing after watching my family drama. I wonder who will be subbing this and I too want Kim Ji Won to get more recognition but if her acting is standout all that will cease.Been waiting a while for this drama.

OK, allow me to let out a BIG SQUEAAAAAAAAAL!!! (like the camera girl in the last scene XP) OMG, the first episode was beyond awesome! I couldn't agree more. Been in a kdrama lull since City Hunter and this totally woke me up, I'm seriously hooked already and can't wait for the next episode ^o^ Loving the characters too, especially Daesung's character who's a fantastic singer but so utterly shy. It's not a normal kind of stage fright either, he can perform all right as long as he conceals his face somehow. And Im Ju Hwan's character seems really interesting too. The auditions were fun.

I hope a 720p version will be released so I can grab it. This will be a kdrama to keep and rewatch, I'm sure ^^ I also hope a good fansubbing group will pick this up!

Let's get the ravings started XD

Guest onew_goesmeow

I'm surprised I haven't heard more news about this. The promotion for this wasn't even hyped up (thought that trailer was beyond amazing), considering they have a stellar cast. I'll wait for subs, although it's killing me softly to just watch it raw right now!

Guest andloveyelledno

Sadly this isn't up on viki. I know two Big Bang fansites are joining together to sub this (BigBangUpdates & BBVIPSUBS) but I don't know if anyone else will be doing it.

Episode 1 on youtube: Part 1, Part 2

Daesung's audition at the end...wow.

Archived