Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kdramafanusa

[MBC] HanHyoJoo, JiJinHee, LeeSoYeon, BaeSooBin, JungJinYoung

MBC 49th Anniversary Special Project Drama

Dong Yi 동이

201003100915511_P.JPG

PD: Lee Byung-Hoon [이병훈] (Yi San, Jewel In The Palace), Kim Sang-Hyub [김상협]

Writer: Kim Yi-Young [김이영] (Yi San)

Cast: Han Hyo-Joo [한효주], Ji Jin-Hee [지진희], Lee So-Yeon [이소연], Bae Soo-Bin [배수빈], Jung Jin-Young [정진영], Park Ha-Seon [박하선], Jung Dong-Hwan [정동환], Park Jung-Soo [박정수], Lee Gye-In [이계인], Choi Ran [최란], Kim Yoo-Seok [김유석], Choi Cheol-Ho [최철호], Kim Hye-Seon [김혜선], Jung Yoo-Mi [정유미], Kim Hye-Jin [김혜진], etc.

Episodes: 50

First Broadcast: March 22, 2010

Time: Every Monday & Tuesday at 9:55pm

Official Sites: Blog | Homepage * VOD [BTS | Preview] * Photos [Sketch | Wallpapers & Posters] * [News | Board]

Related Site: http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/news_view.asp?idx=...&category=1

[CONCEPT]

content_concept.jpg

[STAFF]

content_staff_1.jpg

CAST [info]

Dong Yi [동이] (Han Hyo-Joo [한효주])

cast_1.jpg

Sukjong [숙종] (Ji Jin-Hee [지진희])

cast_2.jpg

Jang Hee-Bin [장희빈] (Lee So-Yeon [이소연])

cast_3.jpg

Cha Chun-Soo [차천수] (Bae Soo-Bin [배수빈])

cast_4.jpg

Seo Yong-Gi [서용기] (Jung Jin-Young [정진영])

cast_5.jpg

Queen In-Hyun [인현왕후] (Park Ha-Seon [박하선])

cast_6.jpg

Oh Tae-Seok [오태석] (Jung Dong-Hwan [정동환])

Oh Tae-Poong [오태풍] (Lee Gye-In [이계인])

Jang Hee-Jae [장희재] (Kim Yoo-Seok [김유석])

Jung Sang-Gung [정상궁] (Kim Hye-Seon [김혜선])

Hee-Bin's Mother [희빈 모] (Choi Ran [최란])

Oh Tae-Seok [오태석] (Lee Jung-Gil [이정길]) ????

(Kim Yoo-Jung [김유정])

(Oh Eun-Ho [오은호])

(Park Jung-Soo [박정수])

(Jung Sung-Woon [정성운])

(Choi Soo-Han [ 최수한])

Oh Yoon [오윤] (Choi Cheol-Ho [최철호])

Jung Im [정임] (Jung Yoo-Mi [정유미])

Seol-Hee [설희] (Kim Hye-Jin [김혜진])

(Jung Seon-Il [정선일])

Choi Hyo-Won [최효원] (Jeon Ho-Jin [천호진]) {cameo appearance}

NEWS

[2009.11.04] Han Hyo-joo to sign on for MBC drama

[2009.11.19] Ji Jin-hee returns as king in drama "Dong Yi"

[2010.01.05] Bae Soo-bin joins cast of drama "Dong Yi"

[2010.01.16] 1st meeting [PICS]

[2010.02.03] 1st look (poster shoot) [PICS]

[2010.02.04] 1st script reading [PICS]

[2010.02.08] [Dong-yi] hopes to brighten up your 2010

[2010.02.11] Ji Jin-hee, Han Hyo-joo begin shooting for "Dong Yi"

**** If any member is able to take over updating this thread (ie for the 1st post), please contact the mod to transfer the thread to you. Thank you. ****

<<<Under Construction>>>

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

~

Han Hyo-joo to sign on for MBC drama

Senior Reporter : Moon Yong-sung | lococo@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2009.11.04 14:40 최종수정 2009.11.04 14:40

2009110410134961366_1.jpg

Actress Han Hyo-joo

Actress Han Hyo-joo has been cast as the main female character in a new drama helmed by Lee Byung-hoon, producer of hit TV series "Jewel in the Palace" and "Isan".

"We will soon sign on for the drama after discussing further on the terms of the contract but the production company confirmed today that she has been cast to play the part," Han's agency BH Entertainment told Asia Economic Daily over the phone on Wednesday.

The drama, tentatively titled "Dong Yi" in English, is about the life of Dong Yi who grows up to become Choi Suk-bin, a consort of King Sukjong and the mother of King Youngjo during the Joseon Dynasty.

Lee teamed with script writer Kim Yi-yeong from "Isan" again to create the historical epic set for airing on MBC early next year.

Han became one of the most sought-after actresses in the entertainment industry this year after starring in TV series "Shining Inheritance" which ended its run triumphantly in July with a 41.7 47.1 percent viewership rate.

Senior Reporter : Moon Yong-sung lococo@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

~

Ji Jin-hee returns as king in drama "Dong Yi"

Reporter : Linda Kim | lindakim@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2009.11.19 15:12 최종수정 2009.11.19 15:12

2009111815012157751_1.jpg

Actor Ji Jin-hee [NOA Entertainment]

Hallyu star Ji Jin-hee has been cast to co-star opposite actress Han Hyo-joo in a new TV series directed by Lee Byung-hoon, producer of hit TV series "Jewel in the Palace" and "Isan."

Ji's agency N.O.A. Entertainment said Wednesday that the actor will play the role of King Sukjong from the Joseon Dynasty in the historical epic tentatively titled "Dong Yi" in English.

Sukjong, who rose to his position as king at the age of 14, displayed charisma and leadership in governing his people while wholeheartedly loving Dong Yi, played by Han in the drama. Dong Yi grows up to become Choi Suk-bin, a consort of Sukjong and the mother of King Youngjo.

This is Ji's second time working with producer Lee -- he became popular throughout Asia after starring alongside actress Lee Young-ae in the director's hit TV series "Jewel".

It is his first time teaming up with Han however, who is currently one of the most sought-after actresses in the entertainment industry for her role in drama "Shining Inheritance" earlier this year which ended its run with a 41.7 47.1 percent rating.

he 38-year-old actor has appeared in dozens of movies and dramas since his debut in 1999. His new film "Paradise" is set for release this month.

Reporter : Linda Kim lindakim@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

~

Bae Soo-bin joins cast of drama "Dong Yi"

Jessica Kim | jesskim@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2010.01.05 18:06 최종수정 2010.01.05 18:06

2010010517135395818_1.jpg

Actor Bae Soo-bin [sBS]

Actor Bae Soo-bin has decided to join the cast of a historial drama by famed producer Lee Byung-hoon of hit TV series "Jewel in the Palace" and "Isan," according to Bae's agency BH Entertainment on Tuesday.

BH explained that Bae, 33, will play the role of a swordsman who dedicates his life to protecting his love Dong Yi, played by actress Han Hyo-joo, in the TV series also tentatively titled "Dong Yi" in English.

The drama will be about the life of Dong Yi who grows up to become Choi Suk-bin, a consort of King Sukjong and the mother of King Youngjo during the Joseon Dynasty. Hallyu star Ji Jin-hee has been tapped to play the role of King Sukjong.

This will be Bae's second time working with Han -- they became two of the most sought-after actors and actresses in the entertainment industry for their role in drama "Shining Inheritance" earlier last year which ended its run with a 41.7 47.1 percent rating.

Bae's most recent drama "Temptation of an Angel" which ended in December also saw a successful run, with its ratings surpassing the 20 percent mark.

He will soon undergo training in swordsmanship for the drama set to go into shoot starting later this month.

Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ First Meeting (January 16, 2009) ~

201001171518155_P.JPG

201001171518156_P.JPG

201001171518157_P.JPG

201001171518158_P.JPG

201001171518151_P.JPG

201001171518152_P.JPG

201001171518153_P.JPG

~ January 16, 2009 ~

201001171518155_P.JPG

201001171518156_P.JPG

201001171518157_P.JPG

201001171518158_P.JPG

201001171518151_P.JPG

201001171518152_P.JPG

201001171518153_P.JPG

http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/news_view.asp?idx=...&category=1

Guest n4tleeyaa

i am so looking forward to this drama, with the great PD, and the great cast, and hope this drama really as great as many pep expected :D

thanks for kdramafanusa for starting this thread :)

Anyways! I can't wait for this drama. It has all of my favorite artists and i'm sure that Lee So Yeon will do a marvelous acting again and will eat Dong Yi alive. lol. =)

I thought Gaya (가야) will be MBC's 49th Anniversary Drama, guess not. If only I was hooked with Dae Jang Geum and Yi San. sigh, then I guess I'll be excited with the story, i'm going to watch this because of the actors. LOL~ =D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greenrose934

Anyways! I can't wait for this drama. It has all of my favorite artists and i'm sure that Lee So Yeon will do a marvelous acting again and will eat Dong Yi alive. lol. =)

I thought Gaya (가야) will be MBC's 49th Anniversary Drama, guess not. If only I was hooked with Dae Jang Geum and Yi San. sigh, then I guess I'll be excited with the story, i'm going to watch this because of the actors. LOL~ =D

I'm waiting for this drama too yes! sayroo :lol::D Lee So Yeon will do a marvelous acting again and will eat Dong Yi alive. lol. =)

Guest purpleZ

I think the article failed to mention that Bae Soo Bin will be appearing in his second drama with Lee So Yeon, with whom he co-starred in "Temptation of an Angel." ^.^;;

But anyway, looking forward to a stellar performance by a good cast.

I think Bae Soo Bin and Lee So Yeon will be appearing together again in a drama for the 3rd time. I was looking at the thread Let's Marry, they also acted as a couple there.

thanks for posting the gorgeous pics! i honestly can't wait until this sageuk starts... ive enjoyed this PD's dramas since Jewel in the Palace, straight thru YiSan. He is known for quality work, so looking forward to seeing how the storyline unfolds.

Guest sonnet85

anybody knows when this drama will start airing? i cant wait!!! i love HHJ, i love BSB, i love JJH in daejang geum. and i think HHJ is the prettiest actress u could find for a sageuk drama. she's stunningly beautiful. but i hope JJH will grow some facial hair, he looks handsomer that way :D

Guest jjh_lover

Hi sonnet85,

I can't wait anymore for this drama,too.It will start airing on 8 March.

I love jjh so much,ı watched all his dramas he is a wonderful actor and he has a wonderful character as a person.

I believe this drama will be very successful with this wonderful cast.

[Dong-yi] hopes to brighten up your 2010

from MBC AMERICA

Entire cast consisting of +60 members came together; including Han Hyoju, Ji Jinhee, Jeong Jinyoung, Bae Subin, Lee Soyeon, Kim Yuseok, Jeong Donghwan, Lee Gyein, Choi Ran, etc.

- Director Lee Byeonghun - "I hope people feel happier in 2010 due to Dong-yi."

- Scriptwriter Kim Yiyoung - "I will try to write characters that everyone will be glad to portray."

This is the saga of Royal consort Choi, who despite her lowly birth becomes the concubine of King Sukjong and mother of King Youngjo, the 21st king of Joseon. The first script writing for [Dong-yi] was held on the evening of the 4th.

Taking place on the 10th floor of the MBC station in Yeoido, the cast and crew for [Dong-yi] showed their passion for the drama by staying past midnight to finish the reading. Particularly Han Hyoju and Ji Jinhee stayed the entire time studying the script though they don’t come out in the first couple of episodes.

Director Lee Byeong-hun addressed the cast and crew that would be a family for the next 7 to 8 months. “Thank you to everyone who attended this first gathering. Some of you have worked with me before while for others this is the first time. I look forward to working with you all. […] Regardless of success, I hope that people will be able to feel happier in 2010 due to

[Dong-yi]. […] I speak for myself and on behalf of the crew when I saw that we will not become frustrated or angered even if filming continues late into the night. Ji Sangyeol once forced 60 takes of one scene, but even then I didn’t get angry. The only time I got angry was when we were shooting a day scene and the sun was setting and the actors kept messing up. If I do get angry, send me a text message and I’ll immediately repent and apologize.”

Scriptwriter Kim Yiyoung said, “I will try my hardest to give you characters that you will be glad to portray. I’m afraid and I fear I’m lacking, but I’ll try my best.”

Following were the role introductions. Han Hyoju as the titular role Dong-yi; Ji Jinhee as King Sukjong; Jang Jinyoung as Seo Yongi, a character reminiscent of Javert in Les Miserables; Bae Subin as Cha Cheonsu, the man who loves Dong-yi; Lee Soyeon as Jang Huibin, un unforgettable woman of these times; etc.

It took nearly an hour to introduce all the cast members as well as the crew. Following was the script reading.

Early scenes include the capturing of slaves, to which Director Lee gave the explanation, “The royal forces took care of capturing slaves until 1795. The slave hunters of currently airing ‘Chuno’ didn’t come about until the 1800s.”

Early scenes also include the child actors Kim Yujeong (Dong-yi) and Choi Suhan (as Dong-yi’s friend Gae-dweo-ra). Director Lee gave them detailed acting tips as well as tips on voice projection, telling them to act as they would in a modern series. For another scene that required a lot of child actors, he made them all yell “Wow” aloud and lightened the mood. At times he would praise them, other times he would scold them as to why they were not doing as well as their audition.

The most realistic and exciting acting came from Cheon Hojin who takes on the role of Choi Hyowon, the boss of a powerful group and Dong-yi’s father, and Jeong Donghwan who plays Oh Taeseok, Dong-yi’s enemy for life, a man that uses his men to get rid of opposing political forces.

Cheon Hojin takes on the role of Choi Hyowon as a special appearance. When speaking to his daughter Dong-yi he is the gentlest father, but when he is the boss of his gang of fighters he oozes charisma. His acting was praised by everyone.

Director Lee gave the highest praise to Cheon Hojin, saying, “It was like Choi Hyowon was brought back to life.”

[Heo-jun] brought you medical practices, [sang-do] business practices, [Dae-jang-geum] culinary arts and [Yi-san] art. Director Lee Byeong-hun’s latest series in 2010 [Dong-yi] will introduce Joseon’s extravagant and elegant music.

Furthermore, [Dong-yi] will be the first to deal with the subject of geom-gye (first organization formed by the lower class in order to protect their rights and interests).

[Dong-yi] will begin filming at locations across the nation on February 8th.

Guest kdramafanusa

^^ thanks.

~~~

Ji Jin-hee, Han Hyo-joo begin shooting for "Dong Yi"

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok | kave@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2010.02.11 17:41 최종수정 2010.02.11 17:41

201002050806446274775A_1.jpg

(from left:) Ji Jin-hee, Han Hyo-joo, Lee Soo-yeon, Bae Soo-bin on set of "Dong-Yi" [MBC]

Actors Ji Jin-hee and Han Hyo-joo started shooting their 50-part historical drama titled "Dong Yi" on Thursday.

The first scenes that were shot were of the young Dong-yi, played by child actor Kim Yoo-jung, in the North Gyeongsang Province, said the show's broadcaster MBC.

The drama is helmed by famous director Lee Byung-hoon, whose other knowledgable works include "Jewel in the Palace," "Sangdo," and "Isan."

The role of Dong-yi will be played by actress Han and her male co-star is actor Ji. Other actors involved in the show are Lee So-yeon, Bae Soo-bin, Chun Ho-jin and Jung Jin-young.

The drama is set to air in mid-March after Wednesday and Thursday show "Pasta" ends its run.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

Archived