SNSD’s web cartoon is considered ’sexual harassment’?

snsd4.jpg

------

A cartoon featuring the So Nyeo Shi Dae members have sparked off much controversy for sexual reference.

The artiste of the cartoon is webtoon writer Yoon SeoIn. He recently posted a cartoon titled Joy Ride #592 Lady Generation Past Photos' on a portal site on 2nd January. And the cartoon was circulated rapidly after it was criticised by So Nyeo Shi Dae fans for its sexual reference.

dlk.jpg

The problem lies in the drawings. There were 9 females pictured in the cartoon resembling the So Nyeo Shi Dae members. And of the 9 females, there was one member whose appearance resembles that of So Nyeo Shi Dae member Yuri. And she was writing the words Gee gee geehence suggesting even more that it was the So Nyeo Shi Dae members drawn in the cartoon.

Fans who have seen the cartoon commented with “obviously a case of sexual harassement”. And in the photo, the females were wearing just underwear and seen with a voluptuous facial expression. :huh:

With this controversy going on about the cartoons, SM Entertainment revealed, “We have not seen the cartoons yet, hence do not know the exact information to the case. We have also yet to come up with a response plan to it. We will be looking into it.”

20100117_040210785794_0.jpg

Translations, from left to right, top to bottom.

(Th-this is a little…)

(It makes me want to take the manor examinations…) (tn: They were the nationwide examinations to test knowledge and skill in the old Goryuh and Josun days. They were really difficult, and you can look it up if you want to know more. 장원급제 : jang won geup jae)

“I want to go to the commissioners..” (tn: incomplete)

A photo of Ladies’ Generation greeting the New Year by all pounding rice cakes together

“Oh… this is good too…”

“From the New Year, looks like there’s no information”

:wacko:

MeanWhile , Yoon also drew a cartoon where the subject was Girls’ Generation. At that time, he called members Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung , “The Pretty 3″ and revealed that “At first, Yoona caught my eye, then I started to see Yuri sometimes, and lately it’s Sooyoung. :wacko:

” Also, the remaining members were called “The Nobody 5″ and eventually drew the last member with a simple dot, gaining criticism. :excl:

v

v

v

v

tgs6tmp.jpg

----

cr to SportsChosun ( kpoprants + kbites )

Translated by : hypocritical

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lishathestain

so apparently "pounding rice cakes" is a code word for having sex and he's suggesting that the girls sleep with men to get where they are.

isn't he the same man who made a remark that it was a nice thing for Jang Jayeon to kill herself while she was young and pretty so the old men in heaven would have someone nice to look at or something.

if so, he has problems.

Guest bonitagirlx

okay, so one side of me thinks this is complete bull and koreans are overreacting

but after reading the comment listathen said i think this guy is a bigger perv than people give him credit for.

either way, the whole "dot" thing is messed up and rude!!!!!! i would be pissed off trying to guess which member he was talking about if i was snsd.

all in all, we can all come to this one conclusion. this guy just wants attention.

Guest SleepiiDreamer

this guy is just a very messed up perv -_-

he needs attention & from what lishathestain, mental help?

oh, an netizens should stop worrying about stuff like this...?

kinda pointless. i think this was like the top search on naver/daum or something..

correct me if im wrong

Guest bonbons

hahaha, pounding rice cake. that's hilar.

he sounds pervy but come on, it's the internet and there will always be pervs. this just so happens to be a toon writer.

seriously netizens, calm your oversensitive arses.

Guest Redwarrior

if this is sexual harassment, then what is writing rated fanfics of the people called??

this is disturbing but photoshops of things and other fanmade things that hint at these kinds of things may be even more disturbing than this.

Looking at this, it's not a big deal.

Guest colloquy

Um, what? This is what they consider to be out of this world offensive? Give me a break. These guy pales in comparison to guro artists like Waita Uziga and other parody cartoonists.

Guest punk_angel

Stupid Freaky pervert.........When is he gonna ever grow up..............

Pounding Rice Cakes.........Get a life Yoon Seo In You FreakTard....

Er, it's simply an opinion that he's stating and it happens to be in a cartoon. I think people are being too sensitive about this. I'm sure there are tons of other people who share his thoughts. He just happens to kind of show it to the world.

There are worse things out there, trust me.

And also, it's not like SNSD aren't representing themselves like that at all... I love them, but sex sells and they know it.

Guest mz simmonz

lol this guy is just a geek which too much time on his hands but at the same time he's kind of amusing and he does have the right to creative expression, doesn't he? (umm, does he? some overly sensitive anal retentive netizens make it seem like he raped and assaulted SNSD or something).

plus, you can't blame the guy for having pervy thoughts. HELLO it's 9 attractive young girls who prance around on stage with booty shorts and very fitted stage outfits, winking at you and kicking their naked legs around in heels, that is bound to stir up some weird thoughts from people um...susceptible to these types of thoughts lol.

Guest Dorkiilove

Meh, whatever.

The guy apologized.

;] But someone on allkpop brings up a good point.

Honestly Girls group uses sex-appeal and boys group uses Facial/Body appeal.

Don’t go writing me an article saying on how you like a boy group because they are talented.This is what i call bullmini cooper.Even before CN.Blue debut,i see fan girls going “ah so handsome ,oh no he is gorgeous,oh i love him so much”.

What this author should do is the publish cartoons on the boys group.By singling out SNSD alone is wrong because we all know girls group uses sex appeal while boys group uses their handsome face/strong abs to appeal to girls.

Meh, whatever.

The guy apologized.

;] But someone on allkpop brings up a good point.

Yeh I was thinking exactly what that person on allkpop said too! As much as I like some kpop artists (inc. SNSD), they DO use sex appeal to attract fans.

Guest RYUUSEi

All I got to say is ... if THAT is considered "sexual harassment" then quite A LOT of threads, gifs and pictures of male idols right here on Soompi should be considered that as well. For example: this.

It was nice of that guy to apologize but I don't think he had to.

Guest Atmosphere.

WHAT?!?!?! How is this perverted?! Just because you guys are SNSD fans, doesn't mean you guys just say he's perverted. I get that it's your guy's opinion but wtf? so people whose at sauna taking pictures of them must be perverted people too? it's not like he drew them naked...lately the snsd girls have been having a concept of sexual look.... isn't that SM's fault? showing lots of legs especially when there are young members?!

THANK YOU RYUUSEi for pointing it out how hypocritical soompi members are when calling him a perverted!

Guest Redwarrior

Heard that SM is planning to take legal action against him... o.0

SM Entertainment to take legal action against Sextoon artist!

SM Entertainment has responded regarding the recent SNSD sextoon that was created by Yoon Suh In. Although Yoon Suh In had apologized about the sextoon, SM Entertainment is not pleased.

“We were unable to respond quickly as we were doing research on the artist of the drawing, as well as on the portal site for legal review. Although he apologized stating that his intentions were misunderstood, he never apologized in regards to SNSD. Therefore we will respond after legal review.”

Looks like SM Entertainment may have yet another legal battle in their hands – wow!

credit: allkpop- Link

WOW......it seems like SM likes to make people laugh at their stupidity these days....

First, LSM admits that SNSD's market is older men, then Genie comes out and they have that sexy image (hot shorts,, hot shorts + shirts bearing their stomachs....the provocative moves (some) and suggestuve lyrics. SNSD are marketed like that and they get a pinkberryy about this one dude who draws this cartoon that looks like any other anti's bashings on artists?? LAME.... If you wanna sue, change SNSD's market and concepts first.... Might as well give SME all the names of the antis so they can be sued too...

unrelated but it seems like SME is loosing their touch lately....their artists aren't always number 1 anymore. they have competition from other big named companies. I guess no more "if you wanna make it into the industry, you have to be in SM" junk.

Archived