Confessing to a guy you don't really know

Guest Jady

Good idea?
So I've been having a crush on this guy, and we don't know each other but he knows I exist. I've been trying to talk to him but he's always with his friends or walking somewhere. Basically, I just want to be blunt and tell him I like him so if he doesn't feel the same I can just move on. Is this a good idea? Would he think I'm creepy since we don't really know each other?

Guest odddodo

So I've been having a crush on this guy, and we don't know each other but he knows I exist. I've been trying to talk to him but he's always with his friends or walking somewhere. Basically, I just want to be blunt and tell him I like him so if he doesn't feel the same I can just move on. Is this a good idea? Would he think I'm creepy since we don't really know each other?

He may be flattered that a random girl thought he was attractive, but it will be a bit strange for a random girl to directly come up and say that. My advice is, use a more subtle means to show him that you like him. Start out by greeting him with a "hi" and a smile and eye contact (eye contact is important!) whenever you see him. This should be continued for a bit until you think you're comfortable enough with him to start a small conversation.

I'm a guy, and it's often pretty obvious that the girl is interested when she puts in all the effort at first to try to get to know you. Trust me, this way is MUCH better than just going up to the guy cold, without knowing him, and confessing. If the guy doesn't reciprocate your feelings by trying to get to know you in return, you can still get away with your own dignity intact, knowing that you tried your best.

You'll just be putting him on the spot; imagine if a random guy you barely knew or thought about came up to confess to you. Would you enjoy being put in the spotlight to make a split-second decision on such an important matter? Also, confessing blatantly like that will put all the power within any potential relationship on his side, which is a bad way to start a relationship. Much better to start out as near-equals. Be confident in yourself!

Guest Hearts-

Guy here.

Would just like to say, DON'T DO IT.

Worst thing to do ever k?

I've had girls confess to me when we weren't really close at all. It feels flattering, but it makes me instantly stay away from them, since it's hard to just like somebody right off the bat.

If you make your move too early, it'll actually make things awkward. Take your time and go slowly.

Guest hellogoodbyeee

I think you should wait too....Get to know him before you confess something big like that. Because if what you said is true, you haven't really gotten to know him...and you just like him basically off of what you see.

Speaking kind of experience...there was this guy I knew. I didn't know him VERY well but ENOUGH, told him I liked him, found out what a douchebag he was because he got SO conceited after I told him I liked him. and that was it. He still talked to me...and even AFTER I stopped liking him, he always acted like he was the s*hit because I used to have a thing for him.

I'm not saying all guys are like this! Some may react differently...but I think it's best to get to know him before you jump to the next step.

Guest Ceetique

Yeah, you should get to know this guy,

and really show interest and hints, because if you confess way too fast he will be probs thinking...

"I don't even know you yet..."

Don`t do it, sister!

It`s probably just puppy love. If you really do like him, wait till you guys are actually close.

If you still like him (maybe after like.. a month or so) then confess, but if not then don`t.

But if you wanna make it all like.. Japanese dorama when you don`t like him anymore, tell him this

"Haha, I sorta liked you back then.." LOL nahh, i`m just watchin` too much dorama lately -o-

But main point is, let your feelings sink in for a while, don`t be too sudden `cos it can be a mistake :)

Guest _unnie_24_

Agreed with the posts above.

It will most likely creep out the guy knowing a random girl has been liking him whilst not knowing she exists.

You should wait a while, until you have gotten to know him. Who knows, he may just like you too after getting you know you ;D

i worked with a guy 3-4 times (2 cafes, upstairs, downstairs, he is up im down, when upstairs to fill a few shifts) i ended confessing that i like him; but i didnt want to date him an he didnt want a gf; before he said anything, i just wanted him to be a best guy friend always being there for me; and he said yes; and we have been so close ever since, so yeah, kinda regret bout asking him if he had any feelings for me, but im happy with the ending anyways

before you say anything; think to yourself what do you want and what do you want from him, best friends? bf/gf?

I agree with the rest, my friend went to the quiet guy and went straight out " I like you, will you go out with me?" i was shocked, let alone he was, but he was flattered but rejected her politely saying that he doesn't know her. my friend cried. but then was back on her feet smiling around. after the guy got to know her, he started liking her back, and once i found out i was like O_O?! but you rejected her! and then he confessed and then she was shocked. now they are going out xD!

That's a big no if you want to ensure any chances of having an actual relationship with this guy. I can't imagine anything other than an inevitable moment of awkwardness regardless of the response. But hey, you never know. I just highly discourage it.

I agree with the rest, my friend went to the quiet guy and went straight out " I like you, will you go out with me?" i was shocked, let alone he was, but he was flattered but rejected her politely saying that he doesn't know her. my friend cried. but then was back on her feet smiling around. after the guy got to know her, he started liking her back, and once i found out i was like O_O?! but you rejected her! and then he confessed and then she was shocked. now they are going out xD!

Even though I'd find that very strange, I still wouldn't mind having someone approach me like that as it would indeed be quite flatterring knowing I've still got it :).

Guest Juztine

I never really got how people could like someone they hardly knew. At the very most, you're infatuated with him, and your confession would be close to no value if he doesn't even know you. It'll just be a very random event that occurred, "oh some girl i don't know came up to me and asked me out.'

and let's say he DID say yes, maybe you'll realise he's not like how you idealised in your head he would be.

I would approach him to get to be his friend first =T then take it from there

Guest koreanballads

:lol:

I've done it. The results were good. I just casually handed him a note as I walked past and left my contact info in that way if he wanted to talk to me he could, if not, no pressure.

I got an email the next day saying he wished he had known sooner, that he's had a crush on me for ages. :P

Congratulations. I've never had this happen to me, unfortunately. I'd argue if the OP is attractive, she should go for it.

Guest starrynite786

Just wait until you can find a way to get to know him better or at the least better acquainted. Whats the rush. I always think that if it's meant to be then it'll work out no matter what but thats no reason to scare him off in the beginning. At least if you get to know his personality then later on when you confess you can say that you like him for x,y,z reasons and not just because you liked him from afar.

Guest a o i c h a n a o i

It's really risky. 95% chance that it'll end up bad.

TRUST ME, I would know. I actually asked a boy in my homeroom

(for like 2 years) to Winterball. We had like a few EXTREMELY

brief convos and that's it. Ummmm yeah, he already had a date

and it was EXTREMELY awkward for the next 2 weeks.

I facepalm myself everytime I think about it.

Archived