Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

^

^Honestly that is a tough question. LOL. As least for me it is. :P So far I have never seen such story and artwork as beautiful as Bride of the Water God. It's really one of the masterpieces. You`ll immediately fall in love with the book the moment you see Soah in the 1st chapter. :blush:

These are just my recommendations that has something "similar" to the manhwa but I never stated it will be as good as it is. :)

Red River - It's about a girl who got sucked into an ancient time due to the evil witch/queen(?) wanting her for a blood sacrifice

Princess - a manhwa about a princess' life and how her generation will continue from then.

Goong - HAH! :lol: You prolly read this but I just thought of mentioning it again since it involved royalty and such.

Legend of Nereid - Haven't read it but I heard it's good. Many said it's something similar to Red River.

and thanks CaramelSweetie for Model. I`ll try that out. Front cover looks good! :D

Guest c0lap1nada

^

^Honestly that is a tough question. LOL. As least for me it is. :P So far I have never seen such story and artwork as beautiful as Bride of the Water God. It's really one of the masterpieces. You`ll immediately fall in love with the book the moment you see Soah in the 1st chapter. :blush:

These are just my recommendations that has something "similar" to the manhwa but I never stated it will be as good as it is. :)

Red River - It's about a girl who got sucked into an ancient time due to the evil witch/queen(?) wanting her for a blood sacrifice

Princess - a manhwa about a princess' life and how her generation will continue from then.

Goong - HAH! :lol: You prolly read this but I just thought of mentioning it again since it involved royalty and such.

Legend of Nereid - Haven't read it but I heard it's good. Many said it's something similar to Red River.

and thanks CaramelSweetie for Model. I`ll try that out. Front cover looks good! :D

Oh you definitely have to read Princess.

It is by far the best manhwa ever minus the fact that a volume comes out once every 5 years lol.

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

can someone reccommend me a manhwa or manga...

something similar to "Bride of the Water God"

I like the drawings and the storyline very much... thank you.

Demon Diary- well, i liked it xD The character design is pretty ^^

The Summit- Detailed, not to mention the plot is engaging. (BL)

Totally Captivated- which i have neglected for almost a year, and i totally regret that now. Beautiful art, the boys are hot :X (BL)

^ I just finished Totally Captivated last night. It's one of the best BL I've read so far. I liked Mookyul and Ewon's 'brothers' too.

can someone reccommend me a manhwa or manga...

something similar to "Bride of the Water God"

I like the drawings and the storyline very much... thank you.

You might try Land of Silver Rain (Mira Lee)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=sear...p;x=16&y=27

and/or Dokebi Bride (Marley)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=sear...p;x=11&y=21

Land of Silver Rain was okay, and I like Dokebi Bride so far--I'm only on Volume 3. I like the art too. And yeah, Bride of the Water God--I love the artwork.

Maybe Kingdom of the Wind? (Kimjin)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1600092519/?tag=c...amp;camp=211189

Guest hyeminnie

^ I just finished Totally Captivated last night. It's one of the best BL I've read so far. I liked Mookyul and Ewon's 'brothers' too.

haha me too!

i think i got into it because mookyul's picture looked so familiar :P

Guest sweetgirl_121

my recommendation (mangas I'm currently reading):

shoujo:

-17, a realistic view of high school relationships

- kare wa tomodachi, excellent heroin (crossing finger that she would last that way )

- Yumekui Kenbun, it an amazing under the radar manga

shounen

- Beelzebub, it hilarious

Guest Autumn1430263885

Can someone recommend me a manga with cute story line??

It'd be much appreciated if i would receive an answer ASAP.

hmmm my list of cutesy mangas XPPP here you go~

moe kare!! <<definetely. supercute characters and super cute drawings

gakuen alice <<really cute and funny and sweet

Kodocha << classic and cute!

Sugar Sugar Rune <<soooo cute

Shugo Chara <also really cute

Full Moon wo sagamini coopere <again...cute

Lovely Complex <<cute and funny

Toradora <yea im guna stop commenting on them...cuz they're all cute >w< ==;

Pita-ten

aaand that's all i can think of for now ^^ hope it helps

I'm looking for some anime recommendations since i haven't watch anime for quite some time...

any recommendations? I know i'm picky...

hmmmmm

+Nodame Cantabile <<Really enjoyed this one

+Umineko no naku koro ni <<Only on episode 5 but so far it's pretty interesting

+Darker than Black << Love this haha

+Hatsukoi Limited <this is just highschool life/comedy/romance, but it has a nice feel to it~ although i read the manga and didn't watch the anime

+Jigoku no Shoujo<<nice artwork and was interesting

+Chaos Head << I really liked this when it was airing

+NANA << deeep

probably more but that's all i can think of right now! hehe hope this is helpful~

my recommendation (mangas I'm currently reading):

shoujo:

-17, a realistic view of high school relationships

- kare wa tomodachi, excellent heroin (crossing finger that she would last that way )

- Yumekui Kenbun, it an amazing under the radar manga

i didn't like karewatomodachi.....><; i thought it was typical and i hated the heroin ,,also reminded me of bokura ga ita >___>

Anyways.....some other random manga reccemendations of mine:

+Kimi ni Todoke -so refreshing! love how it's not like those typical shoujo manga's with the crazy love interests and ex girlfriends blahblah...it really makes you smile and laugh. so sweet and cute!

+Arisa - A unique and interesting plot...don't be fooled by the drawings cause this ain't your typical sparkly eyed manga!

+Onani master kurosawa - also an original plot....and a different drawing style. all together i really enjoyed it.

Yea i like to read mystery/josei/shoujo/physiological mangas~ i don't like those typical stuff like VK or that maid-sama thing blahblah. if you have any good reccemendations let me know ^^

those who like deep psychological/paranormal/supernatural mystery can try kara no kyoukai (anime). i'm not sure if they have a manga.

Guest Jooliyah

^

Cardcaptor Sakura - more adventure focused, the romance comes a bit later...

Chobits

Hakushaku to Yousei - I cannot stop recommending this one xD

Lovely Complex

Marmalade Boy

Special A

Looking for recommendations~

Something like Hapi Mari/Happy Marriage ;)) Thanks.

I love Hapi Mari! I don't know any manga that follows a similar storyline, but these are good reads:

Atsu Atsu Trattoria

Biyaku Cafe

Nanaco Robin

Private Prince

R-18

Sugar Family

Yoru Cafe

I'm liking darker than black a lot right now. Maybe i'm just a sucker for a smart and cool protagonist...

I want some recommendations of anime that are like darker than black, death note.

Something that have a prodigy or a really calm/cool and quiet main protagonist. I'm getting tired of naive, passionate young boys as protagonists in shounen animes...

I like Ryoma from prince of tennis, Hei from darker than black, Light from death note, Conan from detective conan, Takumi Fujiwara from initial D .

It will be best if the anime has a dark feeling to it like darker than black/death note.

I don't really like sports theme animes but it really depends and i have a problem liking mecha... (is that how it's spelled? i don't like too much robots like in gundam)

Btw, i'm watching d-gray man from the recommendation too... not too bad but it's getting cliched and boring as it goes along =p.. and nonstop fighting..... tiring to watch.

^

lol i'm really into these manga these days. have you tried Gamble Fish or Bloody Monday?

I think Gamble Fish has a Ryoma/Light mix of a character. it's mostly about how this boy is using physical and psychological tricks to crush the elitist school (or the students?) that he attends i just started this manga but i think that's the gist of the story. i didn't really like it in the beginning but recently (it's like chapter 10) it's caught my eyes more.

Bloody Monday this is my latest obsession. I love the story line (it's totally dark) it's about a high school genius hacker who becomes involved with terrorists & a dangerous mind game to save Japan from being massacred with a spread of a horrific virus. it has twists left and right thrown at you at every chapter. The main character is level headed and cool when he's in his "home base" (which is a mind game through the internet) but he's somewhat weak and too soft (thank god his best friend balances that personality out). on the other hand, the antagonist is pretty cold-hearted and is much like the characters you are looking for.

OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS

stories that border the line of thrill and horror.

doubt is excellent. i read the whole thing in one sitting. it definitely has the thrill that death note (i think even more) had for me. oh a warning, slightly disturbing images of death. reminds me of saw a little as well.

jisatsu circle or "suicide club" the story begins with 54 girls committing suicide by jumping in front of a moving train but one girl survives... after clicking the last page of this manga i only had one word for it: disturbing. this is definitely not for the faint hearted.

more light stories

for a cute, light hearted manga. i recommend

penguin revolution i'm really sad that this manga ended! it was really addicting. it's about a girl who can spot people with great potential in acting (to be specific, she sees wings) and she becomes a manager for this boy actor. i thought the love line (or love triangle?) in the story could have expanded because it didn't really happen. but nevertheless. cute <3.

and just for the heck of it i'll recommend gakuen alice once again. hehehe. it's my #1 favorite of all times. i think i read it like more than 5x already. ahaha. it's really light hearted in the beginning (think kodocha) and then it gets really serious/dark as the past comes to emerge to the present. (but i like it just the same lol)

^Actually i'm looking for anime recommendations =p But manga recommendations are great too.

I watched Bloody monday, tv version (as in real life... don't know what's the term for it), it's pretty good but i don't think i'll finish it =p

I'll try your other recommendations, penguin revolution, doubt, jisatsu circle and gamble fish, seems very interesting

I second this. After I read your recommendation, I went ahead and started reading it. I found it very addicting. It's so well written to the point where everything makes sense and the calculations are all amazingly well explained. If anyone has read Death Note and is looking for a new manga that has that kind of suspense to it, I recommend The Liar Game.

On another note, I also recommend Ciel.

If you're into magic, or a big fan of Harry Potter, this is a good manhwa to read. The artwork is very beautiful and the plot is quite interesting.

Wow I'm so glad that you enjoyed it =)

Liar Game is definitely underrated and I think it deserves all the attention it can get hehe*

^Actually i'm looking for anime recommendations =p But manga recommendations are great too.

I watched Bloody monday, tv version (as in real life... don't know what's the term for it), it's pretty good but i don't think i'll finish it =p

I'll try your other recommendations, penguin revolution, doubt, jisatsu circle and gamble fish, seems very interesting

Have you tried Blood+? It's not as cunny and smart as Death Note/DtB, but it has that adventure/action feel to it. The main character is a girl but the guy that follows her is definitely really cool and quiet and has that whole attitude that Light and Kei have =P lol!

If you're looking for manga, I recommend Liar Game which is very similar to Death note but instead of dealing with dead people, it's dealing with large sums of money (so no one dies per say...)

I totally fell in LOVE with the main guy (probably one of my favourite characters as of today) cuz he's REALLY smart and it just blows your mind away how awesome he is hehe* ^O^ he has that cool attitude where he doesn't have to flaunt it but still remains the centre of attention.

--xoxo.

TM

Guest sweetgirl_121

I'm here to recommend "Claymore", I know this manga have already been recommended a million time but I can not help it, it just that awesome, I haven't engaged in reading action manga for a long time, don't miss it.

i just read jisatsu circle.

so disturbing, but a bit confusing as well.

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh curiosity got the best of me.

right now i'm waiting for

skip beat

gakuen alice

the one

to be updated....

those three are my favorites at the moment.

ahhhhhhhh the disturbing images are still in my head t_t

lol i know what you mean. i had them revolving around my head for awhile. but then again i looked for a "psychological, dark" manga to read oh well. the idea of it happening in real life is quite frightening though. i'm waiting for those three to be updated too! keke.

i would like to also recommend (along with some other soompiers) LIAR GAME i read it after seeing it on this thread.

a general summary:

it's about a girl who receives a 100 million yen & is invited to a liar game. She is to return the money in 30 days but within the 30 days she has the option of stealing money from her opponent (who also has 100 million yen). whatever she steals, she is allowed to keep as a prize but if she loses the money, she will have that much money as debt. However, here's the problem: our main character is brutally honest & trusting to the point where she's labeled as foolish. So she allies with an ex-convict/genius swindler (who is really hot i might add) and enters the first round of the LIAR GAME...

here's my thoughts:

i think it's really similar to death note except possibly more wordier and more confusing (?) lol i needed to re-read some of the chapters to understand the strategy behind it. the guy main character is most like "L" without the obsession with sweets but i think his personality is sweeter than L's so it makes up for it. while death note is mainly about the controversy between capital punishment liar game is about the temptation (or fright?) that comes with money as well as the courage to remain pure/honest despite the temptations thrown left & right at you. there's little humor here & there that relieves the tension of the story as well :].

however despite its similarity so far i like liar game BETTER b/c i felt death note "died" after L had died but the suspense for liar game is ongoing and increases with every chapter. with death note there's a bit of supernatural element in it but with liar game it's more realistic as in if you were really as smart as the main guy (and with luck i might add) you could also be a winner in the liar game too. unlike death note where both characters seem to be more emotionally detached & seems to lose the "human-ness" in them and is virtually flat in terms of that portion of development, after every chapter i feel that both characters in liar game are growing & developing and filling up their flaws after working with each other

to sum it up:

i would give liar game a try if you like mangas like death note . gamble fish. bloody monday or detective conan . it wouldn't disappoint you. plus i wouldn't be taking the time to write a 3 paragraph or so of a review if i didn't think it was worth it :P.