Admin

Guest Jooliyah

^

Ama Iro Omoi - sweet oneshot

Benkyou no Jikan - oneshot...I think

Bokura wa Itsumo

Dengeki Daisy

Hatsukare

La Corda d'Oro - the guy's not too conceited, but then again, it's a harem! several bishies you can choose from x3

All of them are school life genre. I wasn't sure if you wanted romance, but the romance is pretty slow in all of them. If you want to read some non school life ones too, then I also reccomend:

Fruits Basket

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Venus Cappricio

Guest hyeminnie

@hyeminnie

You seem to read just about anything, so I recommend:

Liar Game - seinen

Penguin Revolution - shoujo

xxxHolic - seinen

All are pretty long, so they should keep you busy xD

gah, so far i've read most of LG, all of PR, and some of xxx...

i love PR so much, it's adorable :D

LG really annoyed me at first because of the over exaggerated expressions, but i like it :)

anyways, i'm not much of a shoujo reader... and i wanna try reading more in that genre though

heroine should not be too whiny and naive, i really hate those kind of girls =_=

but not too strong either, like overpowering the guy/initiating the relationship...

the guy should also be (of course, duh) hot. no "foreigner coming to japan" guys =__=

not too conceited/self-centered. DO NOT GIVE ME SKIP BEAT. i don't like it

set in a school would be awesome, comedy too would plus too. no girl x boy smut please...

i am not immune to girl x boy smut =__= i think i've read WAYYY TOOO MANNYYY yaoi :X

but i really wanna get used coz i don't feel it's normal for me to "hate" girl x boy smut :X

and i'm like, starting slow with shoujo coz if i hurry up i will feel like throwing up (is being honest here, not kidding)

Uhhhmmm~~~~ there's only one I could think at the moment other than cldyangel's recommendations particularly "Bokura Wa Itsumo" and "Dengeki Daisy", its Akuma to Love Song. I just love this manga sooo much cuz it's not an everyday plot for a shoujo manga. Too bad there's barely any updates for english scans T____T. It's about a girl who got kicked out from an elite school. She then transferred to an ordinary one and everyone is just too awkward around her. I think this manga fits your criteria of something shoujo to read. The main girl is not whiny and naive. A major plus for this manga is she's not stupid. ^_^ She actually mirrors her classmates' actions to the point that in her classmates' eyes, she's becoming an annoyance. However, that doesn't mean she's too strong either; somewhere deep inside her, she's still looking for someone who`ll understand and like her for who she is.

Guest yeindarrrling

im in need of a good manga...

can someone tell me their number one romance manga recommendation?

thank you in advance!

^hmmmmf....~~~ what were some of the mangas you've already read?

anyways, I have tons of romance mangas that I love, lol, but my all times favourites are NANA and Bokura Ga Ita. I guess those are pretty common now and you might have read already those.

There's also Parfait Tic. Some might hate this manga for the overdramatic plot but I actually like how the main girl struggles her feelings between cousins. If you're looking for romantic drama then this might suit your interest.

Then there's also Sprout. It's about a girl who had their house rented for people. One of them goes to her school. She has a boyfriend yet for some reason, this guy who lives with them interest her. O.O

KouKou Debut - about a girl who wanted some lovey dovey story in high school. She can't attract guys due to her appearance. A coach comes in......,..... Well I loved the manga but somehow towards the ending, I felt like the story went down the hill. -_- Oh wells~

Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - a story about a boy who thinks he`ll die once he reach 20 due to his illness. Because of that, he breaks off with his girlfriend.

Guest cosmicbeat.

Oh dear, I just finished reading Moe Kare!! and I'm absolutely in love. T____T There's is nudity, but It isn't bad at all. I was hoping someone could recommend a good heart-felt romantic comedy ? ( possibly like Moe Kare, for those who have read it. ) Thank you ^^

^have you tried the Moe Kare's mangaka's other work, Uwasa No Midori-kun? It contains smut too (since it is the mangaka's genre) but err,,, it isn't that bad. :P It's about a girl who disguised herself as a guy to get revenged to the boy who played her heart. He used to be her first love but that he trampled all over feelings with that one night.

then there's also Junai Tokkou Taichou! one of my favourite comedy-romantic manga. Delinquent boy meets delinquent girl. Love for sure won't be such easy thing between them ^^

those are just off the top of my head.

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

^ the title's Cross Game. It started last April i believe, is currently airing ^^

i actually like it, even if it's about sports :X

but there's also romance in a school setting.

im in need of a good manga...

can someone tell me their number one romance manga recommendation?

thank you in advance!

This is just a few of the ones I liked/loved: Akuma de Sourou (the Devil Does Exist), Tenshi ja Nai (I'm No Angel!), W Juliet (both these stories are gender benders, some similar ideas, but the stories are still different) Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Hana Kimi), Cherry Juice, Marmalade Boy, Perfect Girl Evolution (ongoing), Red River (aka Anatolia Story), Can't Lose You (manhwa), Lovely Complex (Love.com); Crossroad. I also like V. B. Rose, but it's ongoing...most of the others are completed.

Guest choux

I just finished the anime CLANNAD.

It's a very cute and funny romance story, with some sad details.

The genre is drama, romance, and fantasy.

It reminded me of a bit of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but without a lot of the randomness. I really enjoyed the drawing style, IMO. It's one of those high school animes.

It has a second season CLANNAD ~After Story~, but I only suggest that if you want to cry a river. Seriously.

Guest cosmicbeat.

Can anyone recommend an anime like Claymore? I love this kind of thing, with female warriors that aren't well girly. xD

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Title: Kitchen Princess

Author: Kobayashi Miyuki

Genre: (Just writing down what's on Mangafox) Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life, Tragedy

Summary: (Also from Mangafox, but it does the manga no justice as to how interesting it is!)

The story follows Najika Kazami, an orphan and an excellent chef from Hokkaidō, and her arrival at Seika Academy, an escalator school. Not only does she plan to become a great chef like her deceased parents, but she also sets out to find her "Flan Prince", a boy that saved her from falling into a river and gave her a cup of flan with a silver spoon with the school's emblem on it. She promised him she would make the most delicious dessert in the world. However, as soon as she is placed into Class A, the special class, she has to deal with the constant insults of Akane Kishida and her group. Things become better, however, when she befriends Sora and Daichi Kitazawa, the school's most popular brothers, and possible candidates for the status of her "Flan Prince".

For the last time, I just really want to say how great it is (especially if you love food and romance xp)

You'll have absolutely no regrets you read this! Okay, I'll stop blabbering now :P.

***WARNING: DO NOT READ ANY OF THE TOPIC DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THIS MANGA ON MANGAFOX WHEN READING IT... EVEN THE TOPIC TITLE WILL RUIN IT FOR YOU***

You know, I've been avoiding this manga for the longest time. The characters were overly cute and I always roll my eyes when I see these kinds of manga drawings---wow I sound so catty---but regardless of which, this manga has an unexpected turn just to let you know.

(Hinting: The end of volume 5)

Those who read it KNOWS what I'm talking about. You know what I'm talking about parkeun

You will be screaming "W.T.F" when you read it. The only thing that I disliked about the manga was this drastic moment in the comic book. It went from cute-cottoncandy-sparkling-unicorn...cuteness --- to something dark. It was crazy.

But I must admit, its not a total waste of time. Not the best manga, but I could see why so many people like it.

====

RECOMMENDED MANGA

Title: Kimi Ni Todoke - aka - Reaching You

Author: Shiina Karuho

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Summary: Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from Ring, has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. But she's actually one of the kindest and soft-hearted girl in the world. She has no friends and has no courage to strike up a conversation, being that everyone curl away in fear.

But when her idol, popular boy Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. He is the cliched happy-go-lucky boy that everyone wants to go out with, become, and be friends with---the complete opposite of Sawako. She finds herself in a new world that he welcomed her into, trying to make friends and talking to different people. Thanks to him and her uncovered courage, she is able to contain two best friends in her class who vow to protect her with all their hearts.

Sawako can't thank Kazehaya enough for giving her these opportunities.

- mixed with mangafox summary

Comments: I find it so funny. Sawako tries SO hard and she misunderstand so many things. When a classmate is even remotely nice to her, she is literally on cloud 9. Even when someone disses her with sarcasm, she takes it the wrong way and ends up praising that rude person. The story is cliched and oozing with clean innocence: but plotted in the best manner The relation between Sawako and Kazehaya is so slow paced but you would never get bored of the story. The blushing, turning away, stuttering---all so perfect.

Sawako is a female leading character in a manga that I am not sick of. You just want to grab her out and hug her to death because the way she thinks is just so adorable. She is so clueless but its okay.

I think its one of my top 10 favorite mangas of all time.

Guest Peppermint`Seed

Anime:

Inuyasha

Detective Conan (Case Closed)

Full Metal Alchemist

Death Note

Bleach

Prince of Tennis

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Can anyone recommend an anime like Claymore? I love this kind of thing, with female warriors that aren't well girly. xD

Fate/Stay Night? I don't think Saber is girly xD Claymore's art looks interesting, i'd watch it this sem break ^^;

and i'd try reading those Shoujo mangas too. Thanks for the recommendations, everyone ^^;

Guest Illicit

^I would second that, haha. Or even Code Geass since C.C. isn't that girly. But then again, the plot isn't centered around C.C.

I recommend using MyAnimeList.Net. You can search animes by genre, or even view recommendations from people who enjoyed the same anime series you did! It's features are interesting; I update my MAL account every now and then.

anyone recommend me a good shoujo/suspense/mystery/horror manga? i just read arisa by natsumi ando annd it was :o!! i read some partner by miho obana and some mangas by her which have the same genre.. any other suggestion?

Guest eternal_bliss

The ones that comes to mind would be Hellsing and Berserk. But I'm not sure if you can handle them. While I consider Claymore as a hybrid of shounen/seinen, both are much darker than Claymore. Lots of violence and trauma.

Blood+ also comes to mind since the female characters are also very skilled with sharp objects. Like someone else said, Fate/Stay Night and Code Geass would be a good choice. But not as much violence/gore. That's not a bad thing though.