Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest knockblock

You said you watched the 2002 Kanon? Watch the 2006 Kanon. It improved over some things from the older one.

If you haven't watched Scrapped Princess try it out. I like that one. Its 24 episodes.

I need recommendations for short anime series. I just finished watching Kanon (2002) and I just started watching Black Blood Brothers.

i'm not sure if you will consider 26 episodes as short... anyway, if you wanna watch funny anime, you gotta try Azumanga Daioh. it's 1 of the most hilarious animes i've watched.

Guest wysiwyg

i'm not sure if you will consider 26 episodes as short... anyway, if you wanna watch funny anime, you gotta try Azumanga Daioh. it's 1 of the most hilarious animes i've watched.

i haven't heard of it but i will definitely give it a try. thanks luly.

Guest chimerical.

I need recommendations for short anime series. I just finished watching Kanon (2002) and I just started watching Black Blood Brothers.

elfen lied (14 eps)

onegai sensei (13 eps)

DearS (12 eps)

ichigo 100% (12 eps)

Guest lailanie10

Can somebody help me find a download link for Candy candy series? ive already watched until episode 54 at youtube but its not finish yet. I hope someone will pay attention to my inquiries!!!

tnx to all and God Bless!!!

Guest wysiwyg

elfen lied (14 eps)

onegai sensei (13 eps)

DearS (12 eps)

ichigo 100% (12 eps)

thanks domokunn for the recommendations. i'll probably start watching them next week :D

Guest chinkboye22

does ne one have the 50th episode of Gundam Seed Destiny the extended version? i've heard of it so which why i am asking if neone has it thanx :)

or the OVAS

>.< has anyone heard of this korean manhwa called 'the bride of the water god' ?

T^T im trying to find the raw cuz it takes forever for it to come out ~.~

Guest kawaiixgrl

X TV or X or X/1999

They're all the same thing. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ANIME EVER. It's VERY serious and VERY sad. You won't regret watching it. Beautiful drawn anime and amazing music. Oh and Kamui is *drool*

Yakitate!! Japan

Total opposite of X in plot. XD Extremely funny and never fails to amuse me. My second favorite anime.

Cardcaptor Sakura

Now I can't forget the anime that started my craze. XD Very cute and will always be one of my favorites. Also, Syaoran is hot. XD

hi! i dont know you, and you dont know me

but....i was looking at this thread, and at your post, and i saw the pikk of the guy holding a pink bear!!

hes from the music video of seeya right??

do you know what his name is??

reminds me alot of jaejoong <3

I haven't watched anime for a while... so I'm kinda out of it, can someone recommend me something I may like? (no bleach nor Naruto please.. something that doesn't drag for that long) maybe something that came out in the last 3 years?

For anime, I like:

Death Note <- haha i just watched 10 ep. the last 2 days :D

Full metal alchemist

Trigun

Fruits Basket

Ouran High School Host Club

for manga/manhwa:

Skip beat

Perfect Girl evolution

Chocolat

Guest key_2_the_light

Can someone recommend me an anime that is similar to Tsubasa Chronicles, DN Angel, Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Aishiteruze Baby, Card Captor Sakura, Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, etc....

Thank you!!

Guest Shinhwa LoVe

cardcaptor sakura-all time favorite

tsubasa chronicles-similar to cardcaptors

yugioh-awesome

death note-so cool

black blood brothers-i guess a less violent version of hellsing

hellsing-it has a lot of violence, but still good

Guest ricepaper

i think most people mentioned some of these already but:

anime:

Ouran High School Host Club

Bleach

Naruto (NOT the fillers though ><)

Death Note

Fruits Basket

Samurai Champloo

Full Metal Alchemist

Gundam Seed/ Gundam Seed Destiny

Jigoku Shoujo

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori (Season 2 of Jigoku Shoujo)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

anime movie:

anything by Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.) =D

Ghost in the Shell

blech too lazy to recommend mangas since i just go and pilfer anything that looks good from bookstore shelves while sipping frap.

Guest gottahavecookies

I would really recommend:

Anime:

Naruto! #1

Bleach!#2

Tsubasa

Trinity Blood (artwork is beautiful!)

Fruits Basket

Manga:

Monster Love (very cute! kinda...awkward too...)

Beauty Pop

Zettai Kareshi

Fruits Basket

Vampire Knight (gorgeous Vampire guys! :wub:

Manhwa:

Beauty is the Beast

WA

Goong

and I forgot a really, really good one...hmm... :unsure:

(will come back to edit)

Guest amydien

Anime

Fushigi Yuugi (action/romance/comedy) - it's a classic! one of the best anime ever!

Yu Yu Hakusho - another classic anime! one of my favourites too!

Hunter x Hunter

Naruto

Bleach

Chuuka Ichiban (Cooking Master Boy)

Slam Dunk - basketball. Totally love it!

Chobits

Aishiteruze Baby - homg the main character (Kippei) was so freakin cute! *anime fangirl squeals* :wub:

Fruits Basket

Dual! Parallel World

Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko! - another favourite :D

Manga

Death Note

Kare Kano

Rebound - basketball. funny also!

Fruits Basket

*sigh* There's A LOT of good ones out there, but they're hard to find on the internet.....=(

Guest i'kogimaruCHA

hrm.. most of my recommendations are probably repeats... oh well,

ANIME,

Ouran High School Host Club --anime, finished/possible 2nd season, --manga, finished (?)

zOMGGG, i watched it all in one sitting... (okay, not really), but it was sooo freaking GOOD. <33 i say you should just watch the anime (even though they say the mangas are more detailed, etc) cause it's still funny and whatnot........... and the guys look hotter in them ^^;; anyways, it's really touching and pstt--- remember, the twins are mine

Shakugan No SHANA --anime, finished --movie, coming soon

i kinda forgot the storyline and w/e... but i remember that it was really cool. X__X;; if you like those anime such has 'the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya' and etc, then you should watch it =) and i personally liked it cause for ONCE the girl doesn't need to be, uh, "saved"...? X___X;; anyways, there's going to be a movie coming out..... yipeeee!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya --anime, on going (?)

It's weird with the chronoligical order and the analogical order... but it's really good and blows your mind. =) ahhh, and the esper's hot. ^^

Fate Stay Night --anime, finished

This one left me really.. sad.. </3 Watch it, watch it! It's all orderly and nice. Lots of fighting and hot guys everywhere. *drool*

Bleach --anime (fillers almost finished), on going --manga, on going

Definitely one of the most popular animes EVER. I say you should just watch the anime instead of the manga stuff since I don't think there's much difference.. and the anime is better i think for this one? anyways... their moves are so stinking cool... xDDD and the characters and the series itself is so twisted and interesting to watch. it's probably one of my favorites after naruto.

MANGA

DN Angel --anime, finished --manga, finished (?)

I only watched the anime, but i think the manga will be better from what i heard. (i'm reading it right now) anyways-- it's reallyyyy good. haha, daisuke niwa is so kawaiii~ it'll take getting used to getting used to everything though... X___X;; but it's really good after you get used to everything and after you start getting into the plot. Anyways, "they" also say that the anime left out wayy too many details... SOOOOOOO--yeah.

Naruto --anime +3 (?) movies, on going --manga, on going

Hrm... MANY people say that the manga is better and that the anime series left out too many things. =___= imo, i don't think the anime is too bad (the songs and voices fit xDD) and the anime pictures are better for the eye (haha, imo again) cause it has nice colors instead of b&w.. but anyway. I only read the recent volumes of Naruto... and yeah, the manga's good too ^__^

MANGA/ANIME

Full Metal Alchemist --anime +1 movie, finished --manga, finished (?)

(Pstt, they have a movie for it) They say it's different from the anime. i dunno, i still have to read it ^^;; Anyways. I liked the anime and whatnot and they say the manga is more.. sad than the anime and not as happy/cheerful. So... I say, if you want a comedy+sad type, watch the anime. and if you want a sad+dark type, read it. ^__^;;

Prince of Tennis --anime +1 movie, finished --manga, on going

I REALLY WANT TO READ THIS. Anyways, the anime is sooo.. LOVEABLE. T__T and Ryoma Echizen is nice and hot. Mysterious. Tough. Yumm~ Oh, they have a movie for this too. ANNDDDDDDD, the songs for the anime are good =) The voices fit the characters nicely and it's really cool. For this one too, I :::heard:::: that they are different? So yeah, just do both =___= Warning: You'll fall in LOVE with the series. Just make sure to finish the first few episodes... T__T then you'll get used to it or w/e. haha

Black Cat --anime, finished --manga, finished

These two are fsho fsho EXTREMEMLY different. I liked the anime better since Train Heartnet looks more hot in it ^////^ *blush, blush* anyways. but since they're so different, i can't really tell which one you should read or watch. anyways, the anime is really cool and interesting. it inspired me to learn how to use a gun x333

Death Note --anime, on going. --manga, finished (?)

People I know who both watched and read it, liked both versions... So i don't think it'll matter much x333 anyways, it's the really cool and interesting type of anime/manga that'll get you hooked... and it's kinda slow imo, but doesn't matter. it's still good and so..... SUSPENSFUL!

walla! finished. the wonderful list of my favorites. ^__^;

-spark

Guest boltar

How was kanon? like.. how would you rate it out of 10? I'm looking for something funny and not too serious, like azumangah daioh or haruhi suzumiya. and i don't want to watch something that's average or only slightly average.

thanks~~