Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Manhwa:

Rebirth

Manga:

Berserk

Shonan Junai Gumi (a.k.a Bad Company; Prequel of GTO) & G.T.O

Senkaiden Houshin Engi

Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo (better than Detective Conan/Case Closed)

Fruits Basket

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo (a.k.a KareKano)

Azumanga Daioh

Death Note

One Piece

Naruto

Shaman King

Chobits

Love Hina

Full Metal Alchemist

Fushigi Yugi

Boku no Chikyu wo Mamotte (a.k.a Please Save My Earth)

Midori no Hibi

Hellsing

Ryuuroden

Debi Debi (a.k.a Devil & Devil)

Ichigo 100%

I's

Anime:

Air

Azumanga Daioh

Kanon (ongoing)

School Rumble

Saishu Heiki Kanojo (a.k.a Saikano/She the Ultimate Weapon)

Shakugan no Shana

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (a.k.a the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi)

Guest lido-dork

OH... OH, OH YEAH!! :lol: Please take a look at my avatar. DO YOU SEE MY AVATAR, SEE IT?!?!! :crazy: yEAh, well the girl there is a main character from the manga I just recently got, her name is REN. AND the manga that she's from, of which I'm gonna recommend to you all next is:

ELEMENTAL GELADE

GENRE: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magical girl, Romance, Shounen

ALSO, there's the EveR-PoPuLaR ANIME Franchise of it too, if you haven't heard! YES!! THAT'S RIGHT, It's an ANIME, also! :lol: Please check it out if you haven't yet!!!! B)

Anime

Cowboy Bebop

Gundam Wing

Slam Dunk

Detective Conan

Sakura Card Captors

Manga

Shônen:

Eyeshield 21

Slam Dunk

Death Note

Rough

Shoujo:

Tenji Nanka Ja Nai

Please Save my Earth

Othello

Saiunkoku Monogotari

jun'ai tokkou taichou

Cat Street

Josei:

Nana

Gokusen

Paradise Kiss

Mahnwa

I wish

Goong

Masca

Angel Diary(Ice Kunion)

Demon Diary

Fever

Unplugged boy

Comic

DVD

Guest HappiiBooger

Are there more food-related mangas? I know of Yakitate! Japan (bread) and Addicted to Curry (curry, obviously). I'll probably torture myself by reading those and making myself hungry, but they're still interesting.

theres an anime about cooking which is kind of old but still good, cooking master boy. It definitely made my mouth water.

Guest biteme_lestat

Hi. I really enjoyed watching Ouran High School Host Club. Can anyone recommend any other animes similar to this? Something funny and romantic, with pretty animation :) Thanks!

Anime:

( a little of everything) :P

Rurouni Kenshin -- this anime has everything in it, comedy, action, romance and little of angst and moral lessons. Set during the Japanese feudal era.

Inuyasha-- this anime has everything in it too, comedy, romance, action. And cool opening and ending themes sung by popular J-pop artist.

Vampire GAme-- this is a manga, its fun and with lots of action. I love Duzzell!

Howl's Moving Castle-- if its a HAyao Miyazawa work, it is beautiful. I fell in love with this movie. The story line is so touching, the romance and the artwork, even my mom loved it. :blush:

(Mechas.. or those robot style anime)

Evangelion -- the story line intrigues me alot and so does the mecha. If you like angst and some dark storylines, this is a good one.

Tenkuu no Escaflowne-- although I didn't watch the entire series and just the movie, I love the story that surrounds Prince Van and Hitomi, somewhat like a sad romance thingy.

Magic Knight Rayearth -- okay lots of bishounens here..totally.. and of course I'm a fan of Clamp. Its more about three girls going to this alternative world and are forced to save it.

(angst..)

X/1999 -- i am in love with the artwork of this one, both in the anime and manga. It's a dark story with lots of violence, not for the faint hearted. But gosh the artwork is to die for. Once again I am a fan of CLAMP.

Yami No Matsuei-- dark storyline with all those angst..

(romantic comedy..)

OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB-- my current fave! To be surrounded by beautiful boys, what more can Haruhi Fuijoka ask.. :P

Love Hina-- this is also funny..

..and many more..this is all i can think about..ive watched so many anime, i forgot the others.. ;)

Guest Gummy Choco

anime:

- Full Metal Alchemist

- Bleach

- Honey & Clover (maybe. im not finsihed with it yet xD)

and some others. im a little brain dead right now o.o;

Guest crazyMuka

hey guys, I'm currently in the mood to read a romance manga but I prefer the romance to be a little more mature and deep than the typical "he's so hot I'm so in love with him, does he like me too?" type of plot. So can you guys recommend me some good romance manga? (please, nothing like The Wallflower, Parfait Tic, Goong, Fushigi Yugi, Hana Kimi, Peach Girl, etc., you get the drill -____-)

I like romance manga like the following (they are also my recommendations :))

Sensei - a girl who falls in love with her teacher, but the romance is subtle yet very beautiful, it develops slowly while the main girl grows up and matures, it's a very addictive read.

Koi Kaze - it's incest, but the emotions are very genuine and heart-wrenching, it's also portrayed realistically which I like.

Nodame Cantabile - more of a comedy than romance, but still, the relationship between the two main characters is cute yet not sugarly sweet and shallow.

Honey&Clover - bittersweet.

Mars - very dark shoujo, full of angst and sadness, but the romance is also one of the best.

Kare Kano - not really my favorite, but I like their romance, it's a bit different than the norm.

I just noticed that the main male character in these mangas are not particularly extremely good-looking and perfect in every way. They all have flaws, and that's maybe why I like the characters so much. So uhm yea, any recommendations :lol:??

Guest PecanPie02

Thanks soo much ppl for the recommendations..... does anybody like Fruits Basket here..?? OOHH and if you have SPOILERS plz share!! I'll really appreciate it!! THANKS AGAIN! :D

I also think these were AWESOME!!

Manga: Hana Kimi (they should make an anime out of this..)

Fruits Basket

DNAngel (not done reading though)

Ouran High School Host Club (I think I liked the anime better, its hilarious)

The Legend of Chun Hyang (BUT I ONLY READ VOL.1 i cant find others... :unsure: )

yea.. and the list keeps going.....

Guest lido-dork

Hi. I really enjoyed watching Ouran High School Host Club. Can anyone recommend any other animes similar to this? Something funny and romantic, with pretty animation :) Thanks!

OH! Really?!! :w00t: Then of course, I recommend you... ::DRUMROLL::...: SCHOOL RUMBLE!!!!!!!! :lol:

hOpE YOU lIKe IT!! I'm SURE you WILL of course! ^_____^ :D

Guest lido-dork

Excuse me for being totally ignorent!! But what's a manwha?

I read a cooking manga called Iron Wok Jan!

:o:lol: That's alright. A "manhwa" is what they call a Korean comic or manga, as how it's referred to in Japanese! ;)

Guest mimi1931

any funny manga or anima

recommendation???

like wallflower,happy hustle high, priceless????

i have no manga to read anymore

i cant find manga i like!!!

Guest PecanPie02

any funny manga or anima

recommendation???

like wallflower,happy hustle high, priceless????

i have no manga to read anymore

i cant find manga i like!!!

umm.. idn know any of the manga you just listed above.. but id like to recommend

Hana Kimi

Gakuen Alice(if u can find translations) or just watch anime!!

Fruits Basket

Ouran High School Host Club

Hope you enjoy one of these...

Can anyone reccomend me an anime(s) as good or even better than Bleach or Death Note? I'm not really into girls that have annoyuing voices and I like them dark and suspenseful

Definitely reccomending Death Note to those that likes something that keeps you guessing and Bleach for pure awesomness