Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

^ You're welcome :D

I'm happy to do this.

btw, I was told that "Nana" is not a Shoujou Manga, it's a Josei.

I'll have to cut it out from the list :)

--angel

Guest strawberrylove

^ nana is considered josei? well i guess it is soewhat josei but when i looked it up it was shoujo ><

anyways. another to teh list of my all time favourite shoujos.

cant believe i didnt rember hana kimi

Guest myluckyself

& since you liked Honey and Clover, give Lovely Complex and Nana a try. The storylines are good, but they are shoujo, so cliche romantic comedic values will be included. xDDD

LOL! i luved Lovely Complex. it was a sweet romantic comedy... but not totally lovey dovey. a hilarious read/watch!

Koizumi and Otani 4eva! <3 ;)

^hmm i can't think of any.. you should go to the one shot thread.. there are a lot of stories without love-triangle. =)

+ Crazy for You

+ Auto Focus

+ Cat Street

+ Eensy Weensy Monster

+ Nanaco Robin

+ Giri Koi

+ Meisou Kuiki

+ Samurai Baby

+ Saboten no Himitsu

+ Otokomae! Beads Kurabu

+ Random Walk

heh

dang..you guys are good. you pretty much listed most of the manga I was going to say. Here's a few more that I've read & liked though:

- Absolute Boyfriend: really popular, just turned into a drama. imo, the manga is so much better than the drama though.

- B.O.D.Y.

- Crimson Hero

- Fall In Love Like A Comic!: very funny & sweet. sad it's so short.

- Honey Hunt: my new favorite lol. lots of backstabbing & twists going on.

- Punch!

- S.A. (also called Special A)

surprised Nana is not a Shojo manga...it used to be in my shojo beat lol.

Guest NO NAME?

Is Maison Ikkoku good? The only reason why I know the title of this series is because I remember listening to tracks from the series, Mono Omoi and Godai Suffers From Love. Those two sound beautiful.

^yeah, maison ikkoku is good. =) i haven't read that manga in years.. @_@ but it was a good read. :D

Tamago no Kimi

^funny story!! its about this goodlooking guy who is really.. conceited and this girl who is kinda like cinderella..the girl lives in a different universe that ugly is beautiful... eheheh

aww this thread is merged now=(

Can anyone recommend me a manga with a strong female lead? Something like "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" (which I recommend by the way) or "Love Attack" or "Special A"

I'm so sick of mangas that has a weak female in it; letting the guy control her...it pisses me off so much lol or someone who can stand up for herself and not rely on the guy so much

Can anyone recommend me a manga with a strong female lead? Something like "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" (which I recommend by the way) or "Love Attack" or "Special A"

I'm so sick of mangas that has a weak female in it; letting the guy control her...it pisses me off so much lol or someone who can stand up for herself and not rely on the guy so much

i would recommend Otomen by KANNO Aya. Since the girls in your stories that you mentioned are tough, and have that "manly" side of them, the girl in Otomen is right under that category. But there's a twist, the main guy has a "girly" heart. he loves all things girly, but he's not allowed to show it. it's a really cute manga with comedy.

Guest Twlight_Freak

I <3 Lovely Complex .

Its So Hilarious And Funny !

So WATCH IT . Every Episode

Will Have U Luffing ! ;)

I Also Recommend Ouran High School Club.

But I Prefer The Manga Version Rather

then Anime Because Anime Is Just Comedy

While The Manga Has The Actual Details

Of Romance And Comedy And Trust Me,

The Manga Is WAY Betterr !! :lol:

And Hana Kimi Is Also Recommened =]

And The CUTE ROMANCE Mangas

Which IS MY FAV IS and Highly recommended IS =

Marmalade Boy

Random Walk

Ultra Maniac

[ALL from the same author/artist]

AND Kodocha . Anime version is soo funny,

Buh I recommend the Manga !!

Guest aahhee

ANIME (and manga):

1. Katekyo Hitman Reborn: My current OBSESSION. It's fantastic... what can I say? I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned at all... ToT. I mean the characters are really diverse, they have funny moments and they have their epic moments. It has a really good plot as well... I'm really bad at writing summaries. SRY... just trust me on this one, you'll miss out if you don't haha... it's shonen, BTW. Right now is the TYL! arc, the characters are ... ten years older... and my my... they're pretty hot. : P

2. Code Geass: ... do I even have to talk about it? I'm sure you know how good this is.

3. Kekkaishi: AGAIN ! ! ! Totally underrated (in Soompi at least) I admit, the first few episodes are... 'ugh' BUT, the latter bits are very VERY worth it. This show made me wish i was a Kekkaishi. Honestly.

4. Princess Tutu: I can't believe I wrote that... but ... *goes on wikipedia* WHAT ?! it's shonen? wow... hmm well this is probably the girliest anime I've watched, and yes I'm a girl (I thought this would be the shojo anime on my list). However, it's got its creepy bits as well. The introduction to each episode has a eerie voice over... I usually skip that, it's scary. The plot is good. Really good, scary at bits, like I said, kinda annoying at bits. But ... worth it.

5. Hunter X Hunter: UM, you have to watch this, suck it up, ignore the bad graphics and get ready to become obsessed... I was. And I'm a freak about watching pretty anime only... It's already been recommended before... And this is getting really repetitive, but plot: outrageously good, characters: amazing.

So basically, the anime I watch: have good plots, main characters are usually guys... guys with some degree of power... a bit of romance ( A BIT , notice they're all shonen, I don't like sappy shojos... ), and good graphics ?

I don't read much manga because I can't keep up with the action scenes... I get majorly confused... but I HAVE to, when there are no more new episodes coming out (ie. Hunter X Hunter, Kekkaishi) OR if I'm WAITING for more episodes (ie. KHr).

BTW, as you can see from my sig...

18 and 27 are minee! ! !

haha... yeah, you probably won't get it unless you watch KHR.

Guest x_Cathleeeeeen

I really really recommend Mysterious Girlfriend X by Ueshiba Riichi.

It starts out when a new girls enters Tsubaki's class, and then he finds her

sleeping on her desk, drooling.

And then his curiosity hits him, and he tastes her drool, finding it oddly sweet.

From that day on, their relationship is out there.

Guest shinkuro08

anyone wanna recommend some animes for me?

well.. here's a list of what i watched and liked

- Flame of Recca

- Yuyu hakusho

- Rurouni Kenshin

- Naruto (stopped.. too long)

- Dragon ball (Z, GT)

- Air Gear (Loved it)

- Fate/Stay Night

- Slam Dunk

- Hajime No Ippo( Loved this too.. can't wait for the new one)

- Samurai Champloo

- uhh what else.. LOL thats it i think. oh Death Note. can't forget that.

- Get Backers

- Hellsing

- Gun Grave

- Trigun

- Shaman King (Loved it. But ending sucked)

thats it. anyone wanna recommend an anime for me? thanks =]

For those that want a romance, shoujo manga that (what I think) is refreshing/different from all the other similar shoujo mangas, I recommend:

Beauty is The Beast by Matsumoto Tomo (actually I recommend anything by this mangaka)

Summary: About eleventh-grader Eimi who moves into the school dorms after finding out her parents are relocating jobs. As she begins her life in the dorms, she meets all these weird, crazy yet fun dormmates. So as a new dormer, she is given a dare as acceptance into the dormitories. Having to run into the boys' dormitories for the dare and stealing a keepsake for the others, Eimi begins her romantic adventures in her high school life after receiving help from a handsome yet feared male dormer there.

It may sound cliche but the mangaka has a different approach to the high school romance-thing. Instead of being all lustful and perverted and all that, the romance is very... subtle. It's a light-hearted manga with hilarious, different characters and the interactions between each character actually give meaning to the relationships. A must-read.

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/...y_is_the_beast/

Mekakushi no Kuni (aka Land of the Blindfolded) by Tsukuba Sakura (mangaka's other works are very recommended too)

Summary: About Kanade, a high school girl who has the ability to sometimes see one's future with a touch and Arou, a high school boy with the ability to see one's past, always. Whenever Kanade is able to see one's future, she always wants to help the person, even if the person does not know what is going on. Arou believes that they should not meddle within another person's business. With the teenagers' special abilities, the two begin a journey into the past and future; the overcoming of their past, their longing to have normal physical touch with themselves and others, and their relationships with others.

So this manga isn't as supernatural as it sounds. I mean, it does play a big part, but it is well balanced with the romance, school life, and drama. And even if it is supernatural, there is a slice of life theme to it too. This manga is more about how their abilities affect their lives rather than how they use their powers to save other people. So it's a very touching, emotional manga with a lot of cute romantic scenes. Highly recommended.

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/...akushi_no_kuni/

Guest KuYA II

i'm really quite surprise and disappointed that REvolutionary Girl Utena is not part of the list.

i recommend it for those that want something different then the ordinary typical heroic male hero that saves the damstel in distress. RGU, is much more than just a female prince trying to save a princess...it holds a lot of symbolic and metaphor that deals in what we have in society today. It explains so much about how we are and what we see in ourselves and to others. I love how theres a main story of RGU, but yet the messages that gives the clues makes you interpret whole a lot of different meanings which i appreciate so much from this anime. I believe that its considered a classic and it flows very well in just simple 39 episodes. It holds a lot of fantasy, comedy, rommance, but yet it holds a lot of secrets, betrayels, and darkness. Also it has wonderful OST which holds a lot of meaning in the storyline as well. The lyrics holds the message on what each episode gives...and also it has wonderful melody as well. It has the infamous song "Sunlit Garden" and the opening song "Rinbu Revolution" which are both very popular from the anime. I HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend this anime to those that want something challenging, thinking outside of the box, and follows a different type of trend anime. The typical love triangle, bad boy meets good girl, same ol junk. In my opinion, Revolutionary Girl Utena brings something different into the table which makes it special. Also, when people watch it once, they won't get it which is really true because it is indeed very complex. Once you understand something, it throws you off a different meaning of it leading even more complicated mess haha. But anyways with my babbling i also reccomend:

Serial Experimental Lain

Skip Beat

Fruits Basket

Vampire Knight

Special A

Grave of the Fireflies

Ouran Host Club

I think thats about it so far =)