Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest sukixyume

How come Full Moon and Kamikaze Kaitou were mentioned but not Shinshi Doumei Cross by Arina Tanemura? xD

I also liked Moe Kare by Ikeyama Go, even though it's a little too mushy and cliche.

Guest koalaxgiraffe

Why wasn't Moe Kare mentionned? It's sooo awesome. >w<

PG - 13 though xD

I love it. <3

EDIT: Nevermind! I just noticed the person above me mentionned it. lol

Guest xx_winterxstar

Can anyone recommend me any good anime series? Something that involves action, and has a really good storyline? Nothing super gory like every episode or something :sweatingbullets:

Here's a few series I have watched so far:

Darker than Black (I just recently finished this series, and I loved it!)

Death Note <3

Code Geass

Honey and Clover

FMA

Naruto/Shippuuden

Bleach

Trinity Blood

..and there's more, but I'm too lazy to type it all :rolleyes:

Can anyone recommend me any good anime series? Something that involves action, and has a really good storyline? Nothing super gory like every episode or something :sweatingbullets:

Here's a few series I have watched so far:

Darker than Black (I just recently finished this series, and I loved it!)

Death Note <3

Code Geass

Honey and Clover

FMA

Naruto/Shippuuden

Bleach

Trinity Blood

..and there's more, but I'm too lazy to type it all :rolleyes:

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Baccano!.. great storyline with nice amount of action.

Soul Eater.. still airing, 38/51 eps as of now.

Mitchiko to Hatchin.. I think the storyline is genius, animation is a work of art, music in this anime is great. It's still airing though. About 10 eps out I think? 22 total. Or something. Ah.

Ergo proxy.. The storyline is DEFINITELY genius for this one.. however, downside is, lack of action may be there. It has action, but this anime moves slow at some points. But story's good, yah! ;D

Higurashi no naku koro ni.. this has 2 seasons, both are VERY good. Storyline is great + action is there. It's a psychological thriller. Uhmm, it's not super gory EVERY episode, but there is gore and scary moments. It's considered 'horror' though I personally don't think it's that scary. There are just a lot of "wtf?" moments, but I think this anime is ace.

& since you liked Honey and Clover, give Lovely Complex and Nana a try. The storylines are good, but they are shoujo, so cliche romantic comedic values will be included. xDDD

Guest xx_winterxstar

^

Ah, thank you so much for the recommendations! I've already watched Cowboy Bebop, but the rest of them seems interesting. I'll surely give them a try. I'm not too worried about a lot of action, but a good storyline is all I need, as well as good animation. XD

Thanks so much again~ I appreciate your help ;)

。13nichi wa kinyobi?

i12240uz2.th.png

Ema is obsessed with ghosts, and is even part of her school's occult club. She'll do anything that has to do with some crazy superstition about ghosts or spirits, and make sure that she goes out of her way to do it. Ema is known for this at school, and the series follows her pursues to find ghosts. Ema, unfortunately, cannot see the things that she loves, unlike a few of her friends...

。24 colors

i37676ez6.th.jpg

Nanaka loves to paint. So when she enters high school, she gets excited at the prospect of joining the arts club. However, there's only two members--the mysterious Chihaya and the energetic Kento. They're both good-looking guys, and Chihaya shares Nanaka's love for painting! Alongside the two gorgeous guys (and Nanaka's best friend)...what will happen?

。3 years

i11467fh7.th.png

With her brother's influence, China grew up to become very boyish. But she is a 15 year-old girl who dreams from her heart for a romantic relationship. Now that she's in high school, she meets a cute (kind of short) boy named Haruka, and a big bad boy named Shindou and...

。Card Captor Sakura

i47703nt3.th.png

Sakura Kinomoto was just an average 4th Grader - loved P.E., hated math - until one day, while looking through her father's library, Sakura found the Clow, an enchanted book designed to hold a set of magical Clow Cards. But when Sakura opened the book, it was empty. Talk about disasters!! Cerberus, the Creature of the Seal, emerged from the cover of the book and told Sakura the cards must be returned to the book. "If the cards aren't in the book, they come to life and do evil!" Kero formed a contract with Sakura making her a Cardcaptor and together with Sakura's best friend, Tomoyo, they embark on a mystical journey to capture all the Clow Cards before the Cards can wreak chaos and destruction.

Shoujo Ai, Shounen Ai

。Fruits Basket

i48768ia9.th.jpg

The enigmatic Sohma family shares a great secret, its members are possessed by spirits of the Chinese Zodiac, and when they are hugged by members of the opposite sex, they transform into their Zodiac animal! Tohru Honda, an orphaned high school freshman, is given lodging in the Sohma household in exchange for taking care of household chores. The humble Tohru is quite grateful for the Sohma family's generosity, and the longer she stays with them, the more they realize what a blessing she is in their lives, as well.

。Hana Yori Dango

i39579zj6.th.jpg

Although Tsukushi Makino is from a poor family, she attends an elite school for the super rich, where her life has become intertwined with the "F4," the ruling boys of the school, in a whirlwind of love and confusion!

。Ichigo to Anzu

i12100lj4.th.png

Biological twins--and they couldn't be more different. Friendly outgoing Anzu is in love with Makoto, but can't work up the nerve to confess. Shy withdrawn Ichigo (the one with the glasses) was a stalking victim and now hates men. But they're going to need each other to cope with a huge change in their lives. Their mother has remarried and the twins discover they've gained a brother as well; clever and carefree Kenta. And Kenta (with Makoto) has a plan to help Ichigo--just make the twins trade identities!

。Kare Kano

i41888us8.th.jpg

Yukino Miyazawa is the perfect model student. Pretty, kind, good at sports, always at the top of her class. But she's not all that she seems. It's all an act of deception; she is really the self-confessed 'queen of vanity,' and her only goal in life is winning the praise and admiration of everyone around her.

When she enters high school, she finally meets her match: Soichiro Arima, a handsome, athletic, popular, and very intelligent young boy. Ever since he stole the top seat in the class from her, Yukino has hated him, and has been plotting on how to take back her former place as the object of all other students' admiration.

What she wasn't expecting, however, was that Soichiro, the very boy she hated, would confess his love for her. Or that he would find out about her deception - and use it to blackmail her!

Together, they discover that they have more in common than they knew, and they slowly begin to bring out each other's inner selves.

。Lovely Complex

i39200xr0.th.jpg

Risa Koizumi is the tallest girl in class, and the last thing she wants is the humiliation of standing next to Atsushi Ôtani, the shortest guy. Fate and the whole school have other ideas, and the two find themselves cast as the unwilling stars of a bizarre romantic comedy duo.

。Otomen

514iwbrfizlsl500aa240tr3.th.jpg

Asuka Masamune - the coolest, manliest guy in his whole school. He excels in judo, karate and he's the captain of the kendo team and he's even the best player in the country... but he has a secret: The things he really loves are sweets, cute things, cooking, shōjo manga and sewing. He hides this part of his life from everyone else but then he meets a girl named Ryou Miyakozuka...who happens to be a tomboy and is opposite from what he's used to. Can this be love?

credits: AKALoveholic

。Ouran Host Club

i47665ys2.th.png

In this screwball romantic comedy, Haruhi, a poor girl at a rich kids' school, is forced to repay an $80,000 debt by working for the school's swankiest, all-male club--as a boy! There, she discovers just how wealthy the six members are and how different the rich are from everybody else...

。Senpai to Kanojo

i2661sr9.th.jpg

Tsuzuki Rika has just started her high school life, hoping to have a "sweet love". But she fell in love with a senpai, who's in love with another girl...no matter how hard she tries, her love is unlikely to be returned...sweet, yet painful adolescent love.

。Skip Beat

i49775pn4.th.jpg

Kyoko Mogami is the childhood friend of superstar Sho Fuwa. Kyoko was so deeply in love with Sho that she followed him to the city on his quest to become a famous singer. But she soon realizes Sho was only using her as his personal maid to take care of household chores and pay for rent. Heart-broken, Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

A funny and entertaining romance story of an "diamond in the rough" trying to find her place in showbiz, and the mysterious pasts of the people around her.

。Sunadokei

i44402pr8.jpg

After her parents get divorced, An Uekusa and her mother move from Tokyo to rural Shimane. Used to the anonymity of city living, An can't get used to the almost overbearing kindness of the people in her mother's hometown. But when personal tragedy strikes, An discovers how much she needs that kindness.

。Taiyou wa kimi ni kagayaku

i38391bk9.th.jpg

“I must get into that school!”

That was the sudden thought Chinatsu had during the summer of her third year in middle school. Chinatsu never really thought about her goals and dreams in life, but after seeing a match in the Japan National High School Baseball Tournament (or Koushien), she suddenly had a goal to achieve! She worked extra hard, and finally got into the school, but on the first day, she meets a fierce looking senpai who is actually the baseball team’s ace player! Once again, Chinatsu did her best and managed to be the baseball team’s manager, yet the most important player is…?!

Tennen Bitter Chocolate

i4498hv1.th.jpg

Despite repeated rejections, Shinatsu fell in love at first sight with the most popular boy in school, Yoshiyuki-sempai (a member of the tennis club). After unhesitatingly joining the team, she gets rejected by her sempai. On top of that, she is bullied by his girlfriend. However, as her childhood friend Iku, says, "Things that are too easy to obtain aren't amusing at all." Right?

。Ultra Maniac

i40456dj8.th.jpg

At first glance, Nina Sakura seems like a typical teenage girl, but she's actually a transfer student from a witch school in another dimension! Now enrolled at a middle school in Japan, Nina is hoping to improve her grades, make some friends and practice love spells on her unsuspecting new classmates.

。Vampire Knight

i49712qn8.th.jpg

Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!

mangaupdates + imageshack

--angel

Guest strawberrylove

^ wow your fast. LOL

ive got a few more really really good titles

but im unsure if its shoujo. lemme go look it up.

brb to edit later.

edit:

-Lovely Complex

-Hana Yori Dango

-Nana

After School Nightmare is a interesting one, I'm so behind on that manga right now, so I still need volume 2. =_=;;

Anyways currently Shoujo Beat Magazine previewed this manga called "Otomen" I find it cute haha hope to read more of it.

514IwBrfIzL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

Asuka Masamune - the coolest, manliest guy in his whole school. He excels in judo, karate and he's the captain of the kendo team and he's even the best player in the country... but he has a secret: The things he really loves are sweets, cute things, cooking, shōjo manga and sewing. He hides this part of his life from everyone else but then he meets a girl named Ryou Miyakozuka...who happens to be a tomboy and is opposite from what he's used to. Can this be love?

^ those mangas are really popular so i guess that's why nobody recommended it. ahaha i loved kare kano.

+Taiyou wa Kimi ni Kagayaku

++ The Winter Sun it's a sequel for the captain

+ Senpai to Kanojo

+ 13nichi wa Kin'youbi?

+ 24 Colors

+ 3 Years

+ Sunadokei

+ Tennen Bitter Chocolate

+ Ichigo to Anzu (twin swapping story :D)

Guest Princess_Sakura93

Shinshi Doumei Cross should definitely be on this list.

It's such a good manga!

You can never go wrong with works by Arina Tanemura~

Also, I recommend Ultra Maniac, since it isn't up there yet.

And shouldn't Cardcaptor Sakura be up there on the list too? O____O

I thought it was a classic...

Guest swtbabiiee

My all-time favourites:

Kare Kano!

Yukino Miyazawa is really, really vain, and loves to hear people praise her. She's always been the best at everything, and always tries to look perfect. But when Yukino goes to high school, she's finally upstaged--by Souichiro Arima, who scores better on the entrance exams and instantly snatches the attention of the class. By accident, Arima finds out that Yukino is just pretending, and this starts off a series of events that lead to Yukino and Arima falling in love. They then have to cope with a lot of obstacles in their relationship.

Yukino Miyazawa, the Queen of Vanity, is the 'perfect student' - smart, pretty, athletic and has an overall nice personality. What everyone in her school didn't know was that behind the perfect facade lies a different person. She is always the best in anything - but an obstacle comes her way. The obstacle's name is Souichirou Arima. Souichirou Arima is chosen as the representative of the freshmen, not Miyazawa. Thus, she strives hard to defeat him in all aspects. But a day comes when her most-hated enemy comes to find out her secret. From treating Arima as an enemy, friendship blossoms. Soon love comes. Kare Kano is a story that revolves all around the pangs and beauty of first love.

Beauty Pop

Although a truly gifted hairstylist, Kiri Koshiba has no interest in using her talent to pursue fame and fortune, unlike the three popular boys in the "Scissors Project" at school. They give showy makeovers to handpicked girls, determined to become the best makeover team in Japan. As much as Kiri tries to shy away from the Scissors Project spotlight, she finds herself responding to beauty's call.

Gakuen Alice <3

In a small country school, Sakura Mikan and Imai Hotaru are classmates and best friends - in their own way. Ditzy, emotional Mikan seems ill-matched with aloof, emotionless Hotaru, yet they are together all the time... until Hotaru gets called away to study at the strange and forbidding Alice Academy. In her anguish at being left behind, Mikan finally decides to follow her friend - and doing so, she makes a strange discovery.

young Mikan Sakura is a girl from a Japanese countryside. optimistic, playful Mikan enjoys life to the lees. but suddenly one day, she is thrown in a state of utter dilemma and sadness when her best friend, the brilliant, cool and quite opposite natured Hotaru Imai leaves the country school to join some mysterious Alice Academy. determined to be reunited with her best friend, mikan goes on an uncertain journey to Alice Academy. eventually, she finds out that she is also an alice, a candidate eligible to enter the acdemy. thus her new life begins in a totally new environment.

And Skip Beat

Of course the manga of all the series are better. :)

Summaries credited to http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/