Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest musicpoplove

can you guys recommend me some comedy/romance manga?

MARS.

it's an amazing manga....

i absulutly CRIEDDDDD reading and i hated that it was over :(

it's a romance.

the boy is amazingly hot.

Shoujo Manga Recommendations

elcf1u.png2pt12iu.png2cct0qx.png

1z1xuti.png331nlec.png2pqj0vr.png

I don't think such a topic was made because I searched through 22 pages and I didn't find one

:)

As the title says, this topic will contain everything about Shoujo Mangas recommendations.

Whenever someone recommends a shoujou manga, it will be posted in this page for a reference.

Recommendations

13nichi wa kinyobi?

24 colors

3 years

After School Nightmare

Akuma de sourou

Andante

Angel Lip

Beauty Pop

boku to kanojo no XXX

bokura ga ita

Card Captor Sakura

C - Blossom - Case 729

deep love - Aya no monogatari

Fruits Basket

Full moon wo sagamini coopere

Ghost Hunt

Gokuraku Doumei

Gokuraku seishun hockey club

Grand Sun

Hana Yori Dango

help!!

Honey Bitter

I Wish

Ichigo to Anzu

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Kare Kano

Kokoro

Koukou Debut

Kyou mo amini coopera mo

Lovely Complex

Marmalade Boy

Michibita no Tenshi

Moe Kare

nousatsu junkie

Otomen

Ouran Host Club

Partner

Peach Girl

Princess Tutu

Reaching You

Senpai to Kanojo

Shin Shirayukihime Densetsu Pretear

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Shinshi Doumi Cross

Shugo Chara

Skip Beat

Spicy Pink

Sprout

Switch Girl

Sunadokei

Taiyou wa kimi ni kagayaku

Tennen Bitter Chocolate

Time Stranger Kyoko

Ultra Maniac

Vampire Knight

W Juliet

W Pinch!!

With!!

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...&p=12000176

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...&p=12007754

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...&p=12025405

sources: imageshack + mangaupdates

--angel

the ones i'm reading now are:

- gokuraku seishun hockey bu (aka: my heavenly hockey club) by morinaga ai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Heavenly_Hockey_Club

- boku to kanojo no xxx (aka: your and my secret) by morinaga ai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_and_My_Secret

- nousatsu junkie (aka: charming junkie) by fukuyama ryouko

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5451

- switch girl by aida natsumi

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6814

ooo i have a lot

sprout - NANBA Atsuko

cover.jpg

kokoro - MOMOCHI Reiko (same author as confidential confession. this time it's bout shoplifting)

cover.jpg

with!! - SAITOU Ken

cover.jpg

spicy pink (same author as marmalade boy)

cover.jpg

deep love - Ayu no Monogatari

cover.jpg

oh this manga is pretty graphic.. be sure to read the side story like deep love - host/pao/reina

after school nightmare

cover.jpg

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - Akai Hitomi wa mini cooperteiru

cover.jpg

kinda like ghost hunt

help!! - FUJIWARA Kiyo

cover.jpg

yep that's it for now =]

。After School Nightmare

i10740aa3.th.jpg

Like most teenagers, Mashiro Ichijo has a secret. But Mashiro’s secret is that he’s neither fully male nor female! So far, Mashiro’s been able to live his life as a boy, but all this changes when he’s informed of a new class he must take in order to graduate from his elite prep school. To pass, he must find the “Key”…and the only way to find it is to enter into a nightmare world where his body and soul are put at the mercy of the worst kind of enemies: his classmates!

。Akuma de sourou

i46140se7.th.jpg

High school is difficult for most kids. But for Kayano, a shy girl whose single mother seems to work all the time, it's even worse than usual. She's so afraid of drawing attention to herself that she can't tell the handsome Kamijo how much she loves him until one day she finally gets up the courage to write him a letter confessing her feelings.

When she goes to give him the letter all her plans go awry. She's given the letter to the wrong person!

Accidentally, she's given her love letter to Takeru Edogawa who just so happens to be the school principal's son, head of the delinquents and the notorious "Prince of Attraction"! To Kayano he seems like Satan himself. Not only is he devilishly handsome, but he seems to take the utmost pleasure in making her suffer.

Things only get more interesting when Kayano's mother comes home one day and announces she's getting married again --- To principal Edogawa! What will Kayano do when she has to live with this devil 24/7? How will she cope with her literal "Hell on Earth"?

。Andante

i40455kp0.th.jpg

Mei is a 2nd year junior high student from the Wind Orchestra Club. She lives with her older brother, Natsu, a musical genius. Actually, they don't have any sibling blood relation. When Mel, a pretty girl also gets to live with them, Mei with her complicated feelings...

。boku to kanojo no XXX

i37840oa9.th.jpg

Rude girl and effeminate boy switch bodies and find that it might be a better fit for both of them. Lots of crazy comedy. Nanako Momoi is the belle of high school... as long as she stays quiet. Once she shows her true self, guys' dreams are shattered for she is a true tomboy. Akira Uehara has the looks and brains, but, unfortunately, his personality is so dull it overcasts a shadow, and nobody notices him. One day, Nanako's grandfather comes up with a crazy invention, and Nanako and Akira trade personalities! She's him, and he's her!

Shoujo Ai, Shounen Ai

。Bokura ga Ita

i19729bo1.th.gif

The start of high school life. To the girls, that also meant the start of their love lives. For brand new first year student, Takahashi Nanami (Nana for short), it was no different... She happens to end up in the same class as the incredibly popular Yano Motoharu, who rumors say that two thirds of all the girls are guaranteed to fall in love with. But will that hold true for Nana, who says that if she had to choose between like or dislike, she'd say she dislikes him!?

。C - Blossom - Case 729

i5668ze6.th.gif

Matsumiya Kana’s world is turned upside down when her father is arrested on charges of embezzling from the Ministry of Defense. She decides to escape the trauma by transferring to a private boarding school, but trouble follows…

Megane bishounen Kisaragi Kou gets Kana to open up to him, but what’s this?! He isn’t really who he says he is? And who’s the dude in the trucker’s cap lurking outside her window? Welcome to C-blossom -case729- a series with action, intrigue, and well…a plot.

。deep love - Aya no monogatari

i43396mp8.th.jpg

Ayu, a 17-year-old high school student, believes neither in a future nor the happiness it could bring her. By selling herself, she tries to justify her existence, which is as bleak as her heart - it’s devoid of joy, sorrow, love. Not until her encounter with a kind-hearted old lady does Ayu begin to realize the true meaning of happiness…

Adult

。Ghost hunt

i15656bi9.th.jpg

Kazuya Shibuya, the handsome young owner of Shibuya Psychic Research, has been hired to investigate paranormal activity at a school haunted, possibly by ghosts from the Second World War. Also at the scene are an exorcist, a Buddhist monk, a woman who can speak with the dead, and an outspoken Shinto priestess. Surely one of them will have the talents to solve this mystery!

。Gokuraku Doumei

i20223wg4.th.jpg

Homare doesn't succumb to her father's disappearance and her mother's illness and works hard to inherit the tumbledown inn with hot springs. What will happen to the firm rule of no love!?

。gokuraku seishun hockey club

i47980eq6.th.jpg

Hana Suzuki loves only two things in life: eating and sleeping. So when her handsome classmate Izumi Oda talks her into joining the school hockey club, how is she going to survive getting up early, working hard, and playing well with others? True, the Grand Hockey Club is full of boys - super-cute boys at that - so maybe it won't be so bad after all…

。Grand Sun

i42667gx2.th.jpg

Japan's law enforcement has worsened, and bodyguards are a necessity in the new era. Asahi is employed as a bodyguard for Kisaragi Sakuya, the talented heir of a rich family. Asahi was brought up in downtown Tokyo, and she is very compassionate. But will she always be able to stand strong against the utterly cold Sakuya? This is a powerful, shoujo, bodyguard romance.

。help!!

i2353am0.th.gif

Kousaka Shin's ultimate dream is to become a doctor. So despite the facts that she is a cry baby, a coward, has a baby face, and only has an A cup--she is much more passionate about persuing her goals than others. One day her teacher, Abe-sensei, tells her she is not fit to be a doctor. From then on, a battle between them begins. There's an added twist! Abe-sensei and Shin live in the same apartment building! Now, her journey to becoming a doctor will be even more difficult than imagined!

。Honey Bitter

i12380io0.th.png

Because of the extraordinary power she has, Shuri Otokawa was always living in the dark full of fear and distress. Eventually, she decided to become more optimistic about her life when she started a new job at her aunt's research laboratory. However, at such a crucial time in her life, the one who appears in front of Shuri is..?!

Josei, mature.

。I Wish

i29975bg1.th.jpg

K is a wizard who can grant wishes--all he asks in return is that which is most precious to the wisher...

Mourning from a horrific loss, Jin Ryu wants K to bring back her parents and brother from the dead. But when K tells her that a wish such as this can only lead to greater tragedy, he agrees to take her on as an apprentice. Now Jin observes K with his various and sundry clients: A father who wants to put a stop to his son's relationship... A young woman who longs for her lover to remember... A boy who will do anything to be accepted...

。kokoro

i45037dk8.th.jpg

Megumi Yoshida (nicknamed: Useless Yoshi **Yoshi-dame**) entered university prep school after high school but it was difficult to make friends. Useless Yoshida wanted to make friends and because she knew her classmate likes presents, thought that was the best way to make friends. However, she doesn’t have much money, and when asked for some cosmetics, she shoplifts.

Afterwards, useless Yoshida joined the shoplifting group and though she felt guilty in the beginning, she soon became accustomed to shoplifting without remorse.

However after reflecting on the hurt she was causing to the people who knew about the shoplifting, she stops shoplifting and decides to make everything right again by paying back what she stole. But standing in her way are the members of the shoplifting group, Yumacchi and her friends.

。Koukou Debut

i49765bt6.th.png

When Haruna Nagashima was in junior high her life consisted of playing softball and reading comics. But now that she's going to high school, Haruna decides to put all of her energy towards getting a boyfriend and having the high school romance of a lifetime. To help in her quest, she enlists cute upperclassman Yoh Komiyama to coach her as she eschews her jock tendencies and turns herself into the kind of girl who can catch a guy. Yoh agrees, with one catch: Haruna had better not fall for him!

Marmalade Boy

i49628bt0.th.png

All Miki Koishikawa wanted was an ordinary family and that's exactly what she had until her parents decided to move in with another couple (as in switching spouses!) and turned Miki's world upside down. Now she lives in a house with four parents and her totally cute stepbrother, Yuu. It's bad enough being brought into her parents' strange soap opera, but Miki will star in a soap of her own as she deals with friends having affairs, trying to survive in school and ending up torn between her long-time crush, Ginta, and her new stepbrother!

。Michibata no tenshi

i4890pv7.th.jpg

Kyatoru, who holds the mysterious book known as the Book of Ega parent's are murdered by someone who is after the book and she leaves on a journey to escape. During her rough journey, the ones who saved Kyatoru from exhaustion were people of the Arch family who make a living as a Chinese Circus?!

。nousatsu junkie

i43700lp4.th.gif

Naka is an aspiring young model with a problem: her face tenses up into a terrifying spectacle whenever she gets nervous on photo shoots! Naka's rival is Umi, the hottest model at their agency. But Naka soon discovers Umi's secret--and hilarity ensues behind the cameras!

。Partner

i12379ip3.th.png

High school freshmen and twins, Nae and Moe, and Ken and Takeshi, enjoy their lives as students and close friends. Until Moe suddenly dies in a traffic accident...and her corpse disappears? Between the vanishing corpse and a pharmaceutical corporation, her three remaining friends are struck with the reality that something is amiss in their world...

。Princess Tutu

i6985ci2.th.jpg

Ahiru wishes to become a beautiful ballerina, but her two left feet always get in the way of her dreams. All of that changes when she is given a magical pendant and is suddenly transformed into Princess Tutu, a graceful dancer who is lighter than air. But not all is well for the crowned princess of pirouettes. The boy of her dreams has a broken heart, and Tutu must collect the shattered pieces to make her beloved Mytho whole again, before a darker dancer takes his heart away forever.

。Reaching You ( kimi ni todoke )

i49463ft3.jpg

Kuronuma Sawako’s one wish in life is to make friends. That’s a difficult proposition when everyone who meets this high school student cowers in terror! She just wants to be like her classmate Kazehaya-kun, a laid-back, easygoing guy.

sources: mangaupdates + imageshack and members from this topic
:)

--angel

Guest xradiostatic

oh yay! i haven't read any manga in the longest, and i love shoujo manga. thanks for the recommendations!

i loved marmalade boy, so i think i'll check out spicy pink first. ^_^

Guest drella;

I love Sprout~ I hope updates would come out faster though.

There was another series where I was reading and it's kind of simliar, a slice of life kind but I forgot the title D:

Reaching You & Koukou Debut are good too.

I love Sprout~ I hope updates would come out faster though.

There was another series where I was reading and it's kind of simliar, a slice of life kind but I forgot the title D:

Reaching You & Koukou Debut are good too.

ahaha yeah. it kinda reminds me of bokura ga ita

akuma de sourou sounds like the t-drama Devil Beside You, which was quite good

the drama is based on the manga =)

------

C-Blossom - Case 729

Yay just the thing I've been looking for! Marmalade Boy is the best! I think it's a must-read for all shoujo fans. I've been reading I Wish which has some really cool fantasy elements tied in with the romance so I definitely recommend it.

I updated the list with all of the mangas that you recommended.

I'm happy that so many people are participating.

BTW, I added few mangas from my recommendations as well.

Make sure to check out the list again.

--angel

Anyone who can recommend good animes like Vampire Knight?

Well, since you like VK, I think you'll like Karin. It involves vampires too, and has that romantic comedy sense.

And if you haven't, check out Vampire Knight Guilty, the second season of it.

with!! I love that... the story's really nice~~

well these I recomend are kinda old reads i have...

haven't been reading anything new recently ^_^

W Juliet by Emura this is a MUST READ from me...

i really love this manga.... well i love Emura!!! :D

http://www.onemanga.com/W_Juliet/

W Pinch by Ryo Azuki this one's REALLY nice :D

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1302

Gokuraku Doumei by Emura really nice ><

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5629

Michibata no Tenshi by Emura again.. really great... but i think it ended too soon ><

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2119

Grand Sun by Emura haven't actually read.. but hey.. it's Emura :D

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6523

Kyou mo A s h i t a mo by Emura again.. haven't read.. but since it's Emura ><

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=23272

Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne by Arina Tanemura really REALLY nice... and there's a twist near the end ><

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze_Kait%C5%8D_Jeanne

Fullmoon wo S a g a s h i t e by Arina Tanemura really hard to explain... but it's really nice :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Moon_(manga)

Time Stranger Kyoko by Arina Tanemura really great!! i just wish it could be longer ><

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Stranger_Kyoko

Angel Lip by Arai Kiyoko a nice one... about modeling...

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1301

Beauty Pop by Arai Kiyoko this one's also nice...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_Pop

guess that's it that i can remember...

will add more if i remembered ^-^

。Angel Lip

i1167fr5.th.gif

Mikina's father is the president of a modeling agency. Mikina was once a popular child model,

but due to an accident, she developed camera-phobia and gave up modeling. 10 years later,

Mikina's father's company is going through some financial difficulty. Mikina really wishes to

be able to help revive the company, and one day, she received a mysterious lipstick...

。Beauty Pop

i39091vs9.th.jpg

Although a truly gifted hairstylist, Kiri Koshiba has no interest in using her talent to pursue

fame and fortune, unlike the three popular boys in the "Scissors Project" at school.

Determined to become the best makeover team in Japan, they give showy makeovers to

handpicked girls. As much as Kiri tries to shy away from the Scissors Project spotlight, she

finds herself responding to beauty's call...

。Full Moon wo S a g a s h i t a

i47065pc0.th.png

Mitsuki loves singing, but a malignant tumor in her throat has prevented her from

pursuing her passion. However, Mitsuki's life turns around when a few fun-loving

Shinigami appear to grant her a temporary reprieve from her illness--and give

her singing career a magical jump-start.

。Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

i49772jd5.th.png

By day, Kusakabe Maron is an ordinary high school girl with more than her

share of problems. But by night, she is Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, the reincarnation

of Jeanne d'Arc, also known as Joan of Arc. Her mission: to hunt down

demon-possessed paintings and exorcise the evil spirits! Too bad accomplishing

this mission puts her into conflict with the authorities, who view her as a mysterious

stranger vandalizing works of art. With only the help of angel-in-training Finn, she

must survive high school during the day and battle evil by night!

。Kyou mo A s h i t a mo

i42484au7.th.jpg

Chika has always dreamed of becoming a manga artist since childhood. However,

she comes from a family that requires every member to become a teacher in the

future. Then, she meets Ryou, a manga artist, who also happens to be a friend from

her childhood. She gets the chance to work part-time with him as his assistant. So,

has her chance of chasing her dreams finally arrived!?

。Moe Kare

i44003cz8.th.jpg

Wakamiya Hikaru, an otaku, wants a boy who will protect her. One day, she gets kissed by a beautiful, perverted boy whom she calls the "Perverted Prince." Later on, she meets a guy who looks exactly like him, but their eyes are different. What's happening?! A manga full of twists and turns that will surely leave you wanting more!

Smut

。Shin Shirayukihime Densetsu Pretear

i2613nu4.th.jpg

High school freshman Himeno has begun a new life with her father and new stepmother,

but her world is more of a nightmare than a fairytale. That is, until she is crowned the

Prétear by a group of handsome knights. But this is not a story of a damsel in distress!

This princess is strong, stubborn, and she has a world to save!

。Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

i31760hn7.th.gif

Based on novel by Kaminaga Manabu. Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, aka psychic detective

yakumo, tells a story about a college student, Saitou Yakumo who is born with different

eye colors. His red left eye gives him a special ability to see ghosts and spirits. He

believes ghosts and spirits are bound to earth because of a certain 'cause' and simply

eliminating that 'cause' will those spirits rest in peace. Being asked for help by Ozawa

Haruka, they begin the investigation together.

。Shinshi Doumei Cross

i49776ke9.th.jpg

In return for a business loan of 50 million yen, the prestigious Kamiya family gave their daughter Haine away to the Otomiya family. Haine, now an Otomiya, is appointed to the student council of the exclusive Imperial Academy, a private school for the aristocracy. Even though Haine is of proper lineage to be on the council, she finds herself struggling to find her place among the many secrets of its elite members, especially those of the president who holds her heart - Shizumasa Togu, aka "the Emperor."

Shounen Ai

。shugo chara

i49622wd5.th.png

Everybody at Seiyo Elementary thinks that stylish and super cool Amu has it all: But

nobody knows the real Amu, a shy girl who wishes she had the courage to truly be

herself. Changing Amu's life is going to take more than wishes and dreams - it's going

to take a little magic!

One morning, Amu finds a surprise in her bed: three strange little eggs. Each egg

contains a Guardian Character, an angel-like being who can give her the power to be

someone new. With the help of her Guardian Characters, Amu is about to discover that

her true self is even more amazing than she ever dreamed.

。spicy pink

i27102ww0.th.jpg

Sakura is a hard working shoujo mangaka who has no time for relationships. She is forced to attend a goukon, where she meets a rude and patronizing doctor. Despite their differences they begin dating. Can she find love with this petulant man?

Josei

。Sprout

i27481gg1.th.jpg

Reality isn't a shoujo manga, and Miku Ikenouchi's friends know that perfectly well.

But then again, they are not Miku-chan. The reason for this is that Miku-chan has a

boyfriend, a third year, and is content with what she has. But then a chain of events

occur which leaves Miku-chan with a rival (for cuteness), her father quitting his job...

and a new roommate?

。Switch Girl

i48704qi1.th.jpg

TAMIYA Nika is a beautiful, outgoing, popular high school girl. She has just the right

look, just the right fashions, and is everyone’s friend. What everyone at school does

not know is how hard Nika works to keep up this perfect image, and what she is REALLY

like at home. When not at school, Nika is a scary, sloppy, tight-fisted girl who wears

glasses, an ugly sweatsuit, and has her hair pulled back into unattactive buns. She lays

around playing video games and reading manga. Her attitude is bossy and cranky, and

she travels far out of her way to shop where she won’t be recognized.

Every day, Nika “Switches On” with a strict regimen of beautification that involves primping

and plucking and careful dressing. The only person who knows about Nika’s Switched On/Off

modes is her best friend, who is also aware of the reasons behind the changes.

However, soon a second person finds about about Nika’s personalities - someone who has his

own On/Off switch, but in reverse! His name is KAMIYAMA Arata, and he is a recent transfer

student. He meets Nika when she is in OFF Mode, and then again at school when she is ON.

However Nika can see that he has his little secret. At school, Arata wears thick swirly-eyed glasses

and messy hair that make some bullies think he is an otaku. However, at home, he ditches the

glasses and is downright gorgeous! He is just the opposite of Nika, but why?

。Time Stranger Kyoko

i47066ps2.th.png

Kyoko Suomi is the princess of Earth in the 30th century. Kyoko goes to school

among the commoners, unwilling to reveal her true identity and ascend the throne.

The king will allow Kyoko to live as she pleases if she can revive her twin sister Ui,

who has been trapped in time since birth.

。W Juliet

i48938ga3.th.jpg

Blonde haired Makoto wants to become an actor, but his stern father has decreed that the only

way Makoto can pursue his dream is to spend the last two years of high school as a girl! He

quickly makes friends with the popular tomboy Ito Miura, another drama enthusiast at this new

high school, and the only student to find out his secret. Comedy happens when you incidentally

add a short haired, boyish girl; together with a long haired, girlish boy.

。W Pinch!!

i1168qx2.th.jpg

Kawai Arisa is a timid girl with a split personality. She used to be a super bully and commands

her army of "servants" to do things for her. Due to a freak accident, she has forgotten all her

memories and turned into a crybaby who never sticks up for herself. Then, a new student shows

up to seek revenge against her, which makes Arisa revert to her former self.

。With!!

i10688nn3.th.jpg

Masago is an average student. Everything about her is average except for her older brother,

Shirou. He’s the president of the student council and everyone admires him. One day, while

walking home with her brother, they get into an accident and her brother dies saving her.

After Shirou’s funeral, Masago goes to the house of her brother's best friend, claiming to be

her older brother.

Credits: Mangaupdates + imageshack and members from this topic.

--angel