Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

can anyone recommend me things related to the manga hot gimmick? romantic + dramatic stuff? haha thanks i'm fairly new to the manga world

^ Have you seen 5cm per second? I thought that one was pretty good.

I saw it just today. thak you, i liked it very much. any more u can recommend me??

yeahhhhhhh!!!! like yakitate japan :) although..i only saw like up to the 6th one. i didnt really like school rumble...anything else? especially something similar to the perfect girl evolution/wallflower one?

have u tried ouran high school host club? (this is my first rec.)

xxxholic?

avatar the last airbender? (although it's really not anime... it's american but u have to watch it from beginning to end)

eureka seven? (it's funny and serious, and it's not like gundam)

And i know u said ur not that into manga, but u should try Yotsuba&!

it's by the same author of azumanga daioh but i found this manga to be much better and funnier~

can anyone recommend me things related to the manga hot gimmick? romantic + dramatic stuff? haha thanks i'm fairly new to the manga world

oh god, i have TONNNNSSS

NANA <--- the besttt

Paradise Kiss (same author as above)

Gokinjo Monogatari (same author as above)

Goong

Cat Street

Hana Yori Dango(same author as above)

Land of the Blindfolded

Wanted(same author as above)

Penguin Revolution (same author as above)

Hissing

Nodame Cantabile

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

Boku ni Natta Watashi

100% Perfect Girl

Backstage Prince

Bird Kiss

My 1/3 Boyfriend

Beauty is the Beast

Lovely Complex

and that should start you off~ these are only a handful of my favorites of drama/romance

ahaha i'm not sure if anyone has recommended this manga

but oh weell, i'm pretty new to this thread

so yeah i recommend Beauty Pop

especially if you're tired of typical shoujo klutzy girls for main characters ^^

more people should read it! > <

Guest QUEEENx3

can someone recommend manga's that are love - comedy. lol

hmm maybe school dramas. lol (; something like Special A. please

& could you please give a little description about each?

yeahhhhhhh!!!! like yakitate japan :) although..i only saw like up to the 6th one. i didnt really like school rumble...anything else? especially something similar to the perfect girl evolution/wallflower one?

first time recommending something...^^

i seriously recommend Reaching You (Kimi ni Todoke) by SHIINA Karuho

for those of you who like Wallflower...you'll like this because they kind of follow the same plot but this one is a bit different

i like this a bit more though...because its more realistic (?) than Wallflower (sometimes the randomness/chibiness in Wallflower annoys the heck out of me :/ its too overly used in the series ><)

and the artwork is really cute (its not overly cute like some manga though) ^^ it has the "Honey & Clover" feel to it

>< i suck at giving descriptions lol

anyways here is the summary:

The story is set in the classroom/school environment and deals with a weird girl named Kuronuma Sawako (Nickname Sadako as in "The Ring") and her efforts to become someone who doesn't scare people away and to make friends. Her aspiration is Kazehaya kun, a man who, to her, is "100% refreshness" (Weird I know, but that is her idea of him). Anyways, the story is very light and comical, so its fun to read. Look forward to "Yamato Nadeshiko/Charming Junkie-like fun and romance!!

credit: Manga Fox

read it here -> http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/681/reaching_you/

Go read it now! ^^

can someone recommend manga's that are love - comedy. lol

hmm maybe school dramas. lol (; something like Special A. please

& could you please give a little description about each?

i like Kaichou wa Maid-sama! deals with school and love and stuff like that. the main girl somewhat reminds me of hikari. you can read it in mangafox.

here's the summary:

Ayuzawa Misaki is the student council president of the former all-boy school, Seika High School. In order to protect the girls, she battles the boys everyday. On the other hand, she secretly works at a "Maid Cafe". But a popular boy from school, Usui Takumi, found out! Living in between the double identity of a Maid and a student council president~

What should we do Goshujin-sama!?

i'd wish they update this manga sooner. it's a great manga.

Edit* if you like SA, have you read her other work, You're my Girlfriend? that's a good one too

Guest CaramelSweetie

first time recommending something...^^

i seriously recommend Reaching You (Kimi ni Todoke) by SHIINA Karuho

credit: Manga Fox

read it here -> http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/681/reaching_you/

Go read it now! ^^

I would like to recomend this as well. it's a great manga, I've been following the updates.

for some good comedy, romance, try Love Attack. I srsly could have died from laughing too much. :D

Chiemi Yusa's high-school record is far from perfect. She's already been suspended twice for fighting, and she's not even half-way through her first year! In danger of getting expelled for starting yet another brawl, her teacher approaches her with an unexpected offer: get her classmate Akifumi Deranged Devil Hirata, the nastiest fighter in the whole school, to clean up his act, and her record will officially be cleared. Reluctantly she accepts, and immediately goes on the attack. But as she's waiting for him to retaliate, she discovers that he has more in store for her than just a fight! From the creator of Girl Got Game and Heaven!! comes a rollicking brawl of a good time as the roughest guy and girl in school get themselves into trouble--and find themselves in love.

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/1025/love_attak/

credits to MangaFox

Guest .moony.

I just saw The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

and i loved it.

I always thought I would only like Miyazaki's films but... i've been so blind

so can anyone recommended something like those??? thank you thank you

I heard that movie a few times before so when i read ur post i went to watch it. I liked it. I didnt love it like I loved spirited away or howl's moving castle, but it was an interesting watch. Time really never waits for anyone so I like the msg of the movie: make the best out of what is now.

Im also lookin for anime movies like these...but not many good ones out there.

Here are some recommendations, hopefully u havent seen them yet XD

- Millennium actress - one of my fav...its beautifully made and make sure u watch till the end :)

- Voices of a Distant Star - short but very sad, kinda gave u those feelings like in the Girls who leapt thru time.

- Perfect blue - its not the soft shoujo...it deals more with psychology and suspense :D very addicting ...I think fans of all genres like this movie.

- Paprika - it plays with your mind lol

Ive liked some others, not really shoujos, and they are not as good as the ones i listed. but if you want to try them, here's the list: Vampire Hunter D - bloodlust, Blood the last vampire (too short geh), Apple seed.

Guest fiveplusohplusone

oooh i didnt mean manga; i like watching the animated ones. i like how there's color and music in it :P what about something that sets just about the same mood as special a? (happy and funny...kind of like fmp fumoffu :P)?

Guest kdclk313

oh god, i have TONNNNSSS

NANA <--- the besttt

Paradise Kiss (same author as above)

Gokinjo Monogatari (same author as above)

Goong

Cat Street

Hana Yori Dango(same author as above)

Land of the Blindfolded

Wanted(same author as above)

Penguin Revolution (same author as above)

Hissing

Nodame Cantabile

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

Boku ni Natta Watashi

100% Perfect Girl

Backstage Prince

Bird Kiss

My 1/3 Boyfriend

Beauty is the Beast

Lovely Complex

and that should start you off~ these are only a handful of my favorites of drama/romance

OMG i love yoour list!!!!!! >.<

Guest HighSkies

Okay, my list for either anime or manga:

Death Note

Chrno Crusade

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

xxxHolic

My Hime

My Otome

Jigoku Shoujo

Vampire Knight (although I find the manga way better than the anime.)

Prince of Tennis

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Rozen Maiden

Fate/Stay Night

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A

Card captor sakura

Chobits

.hack//

woo~ all the kiddies stuff X3

Guest chika_shia

OMG, I finally watched Code Geass and that show is fricken' EPIC!!!

Lelouch is so awsome yet evil at the same time. LOVE IT!

WATCH IT!~

Guest goldenGAZE

this same authur is now doing Honey Hut which is just as dramatic with beautiful characters, only problem is slow release since its relatively new.

My all time favs are

NANA, Cat street (i can't recomened this enough, such a good story line and interesting characters), YAYA(also has very interesting characters, love the art work), Death Note(since everyone will love it- even me a shoujo lover was amazed by how good it was). H20, we experienced the affair aka Bokutachi wa mini cooperte Shimatta, Billion Girl . plus all the ones one aatu list- they're all amazing.

if you guys like gender bender mangas, i recommend Never Give Up! by MUTOU Hiromu. it's really cute and funny. you can read it on mangafox.

here's a summary:

A dad that's a professional model passed on his stunning male looks to his only child, Kiri...but unfortunately, that Kiri is a girl! Tohya Enishi, the love of her life, decides to be a male model, so Kiri fakes her gender and becomes a male model alongside him. But things get really complicated when others start to fall for Kiri and her male alter ego!

Guest soominie

aatu: I TOTALLY recommend Princess Mononoke, it was the movie Hayao Miyazaki made

right before Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away! :D

.moony.: Thanks for the list, I'm gonna go download all those vids on Veoh now heheh