Quantcast

Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Can you guys recommend some anime that has action/fantasty/fighting/adventure or something like that? It's also okay if it has romance too, but i don't really care if it's not in there. I don't really like to watch anime that is centered around romance, high school and drama (unless it's Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host club :P) cause i find them boring unless they're manga or when i read them.

I really liked Naruto, Bleach, FMA, the Gundam series, escaflowne, vampire nights...things like that.

Thanks!

If you haven't you should definitely try D Gray Man. Oh man, the fight scenes in that anime are good enough to rival that of Bleach's. It's starts out a tad bit slow in the beginning, but after that it gets exponentially good.

You should also try Guerran Lagann. It's a mech anime. It's the most EPIC anime that I've seen in my whole life, with Berserk coming in at second place. You should try Berserk too if you haven't.

And what's better than fighting anime? Fighting anime girls. Not those stupid kinky ones... I'm talking about the badass ones in Claymore. Some of the smoothest fight scenes ever in a seasonal anime, I would highly recommend this one as it remains true to the manga, up till a point. Btw, the guy in this one is a little annoying wuss. <_<

There's also the X TV series. Cool fights with a great orchestraic soundtrack makes my list of favorite anime.

If you liked Naruto, you might wanna try Hunter x Hunter if you haven't already. The animation style may be a bit out of date, but the fight scenes still live up to modern anime.

The more recent anime that recommend include Nabari No Ou and Soul Eater. However, I'm waiting for them to finish so that I can do a freakin anime marathon on them, lol.

Damn, that was a crapload of anime. good luck.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if anyone posted this already, but highly recommend Akatsuki no Yona. Not many people know of it, but it's an amazing shojo. And not manga or manhwa, but if anyone's interested in dark h

I did a brief search and found no one talks about My Hero Academia in this thread. The story has decent and logical progression as to how the main lead and his classmates grow to become a true "hero".

oh ive been reading bnha i really enjoy it! have any other suggestions for me?

Guest chika_shia

If you haven't you should definitely try D Gray Man. Oh man, the fight scenes in that anime are good enough to rival that of Bleach's. It's starts out a tad bit slow in the beginning, but after that it gets exponentially good.

You should also try Guerran Lagann. It's a mech anime. It's the most EPIC anime that I've seen in my whole life, with Berserk coming in at second place. You should try Berserk too if you haven't.

And what's better than fighting anime? Fighting anime girls. Not those stupid kinky ones... I'm talking about the badass ones in Claymore. Some of the smoothest fight scenes ever in a seasonal anime, I would highly recommend this one as it remains true to the manga, up till a point. Btw, the guy in this one is a little annoying wuss. <_<

There's also the X TV series. Cool fights with a great orchestraic soundtrack makes my list of favorite anime.

If you liked Naruto, you might wanna try Hunter x Hunter if you haven't already. The animation style may be a bit out of date, but the fight scenes still live up to modern anime.

The more recent anime that recommend include Nabari No Ou and Soul Eater. However, I'm waiting for them to finish so that I can do a freakin anime marathon on them, lol.

Damn, that was a crapload of anime. good luck.

The more, the better. I've only seen like two of them, but the other one's you suggested seem pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

Guest balloons*

T_T I need some recommendation

I like animes like D.grayman, Reborn!, Yakitate!! Japan, Bleach and Kyou Kara Maou. I like fantasies. Can someone recommend me something good? Somewhat similar.... Thanks<3

Guest zombie-chan

Fairy Cube by Kaori Yuki (same person who did Godchild) I'm not entirely sure it catergorises as "horror" though~

Thank you!

I've actually heard of this, and was planning to buy it.

I completely forgot about it though. D: Haa.

I wrote it down on a postcard, /somewhere/.

I like animes like D.grayman, Reborn!, Yakitate!! Japan, Bleach and Kyou Kara Maou. I like fantasies. Can someone recommend me something good? Somewhat similar.... Thanks<3

If you liked D. Grayman, you should try out Fullmetal Alchemist ^__^

One of my favorite animes >_<

Guest jenniful92

Anyone wanna recommend me a good anime series to watch? :D

I like action things like Bleach and Naruto where there's a bit of humour tied in.

I also really liked Blood+ which had the whole mystery action + a bit of romance T_T

Annd i like the typical highschool comedy romances too :D

I'm quite flexible :) Just nothing gory or too creepy ._.

Guest j3n1f3r

OMG u should try Busou Renkin(like the storyline) or Samarai Deeper Kyo (I love this anime sooo much, so far the bests ones).....

Blood+, I have seen it, I felt sad at the ending.

Quote from Weird&Short

I've watched 12 Kingdoms (well most of it) .. so a female lead? that's not so great at the beginning? I'm currently checking out "blood+" and for some reason the girl reminds me of the protagonist in 12 kingdoms

Guest jhealizzie

recommend me some NEW shoujo mangas please!

with hot guys && kissing stuff (smutty ifpossible ;p)

I need TITLES!

i already read all shoujo mangas in MANGAFOX && ONEMANGA..

so hope, you can recommend me new ones...

Guest <3 Kim

Anyone wanna recommend me a good anime series to watch? :D

I like action things like Bleach and Naruto where there's a bit of humour tied in.

I also really liked Blood+ which had the whole mystery action + a bit of romance T_T

Annd i like the typical highschool comedy romances too :D

I'm quite flexible :) Just nothing gory or too creepy ._.

You should watch Death Note :D

Guest jeffword

I'm looking for a traditional harem anime to follow through~

I just can't seem to get rid of those series!

Something along the lines of SHUFFLE!, Love Hina, Futakoi Alternative[?],

anything that isn't just all lovey dovey gushy, I like having twists and dramatic

individual plots for the characters and such..

I dunno! Just, anything that isn't just gushy gushy goo the whole time.

Can anyone recommend me some titles, and what they're like?~

Guest Shery

Excuse me , does anyone know which anime this is ? The picture is below . I came across this lovely pic a while ago but still duuno the title of this anime .

anime-kiss.jpg

Guest catheezy

anime: Fushigi Yugi, Hitman Reborn

anime movies: Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke

manga: Marmalade Boy

i don't have a lot but. those are the only ones i've really bothered to finish :D or...i left off somewhere haha

Guest Darkforest

can someone recommend me some "reverse-harem" animes like Ouran. Or maybe something like Perfect Girl Revolution?

Saiunkoku Monogatari.

Reverse harem....with POLITICS!

The semi-medieval setting is astonishing not so much on account of the lurid details. Aside from S-M, you have the 'better-known' Fruits Basket Reverse harem- which is quite moderately parallel to Ouran Host Club in this outlook you seek. I assume you've seen it before, though. Also you have Fushigi Yuugi. Those are the only ones i can presently think of.

Guest tokix7

hi guyss!

im just here to ask for a recommendation on a sports manga

i've already read eyeshield 21, hajime no ippo, mr. fullswing, ahiru no sora, cross over, prince of tennis, lets play ping pong, slam dunk, whistle, and all the mangas by adachi

i also love mangas which have tourneys in them, like yakitate japan or hunter x huinter

i dont know why, but i think tournaments and such are really interesting

thats probably why i like sports manga so much, becasue most of them have tourneys in them

but the main char has to be good at what the manga is about, or at least improve to be crazy talented

thanks in advance(:

Guest mybigbangtop

What are some animes like Gakuen alice that you can recommend? i really like that anime idk why, but i really like characters esp. Natsume,Ruka,Hotaru, etc.