Quantcast
Godotology

Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Does anyone know a funny action anime??? i like naruto, soul eater, inuyasha, and some others i can't really remember right now.

i would RREALLLLY like it if someone can recommend something!!!

Fumoffu is so funny.... it's a spinoff of full metal panic, but you really don't need to watch the original series to watch it. I liked it even more than FMP

Guest anna12125

hey people, if you like bishounen, ninjas and have a yaoi-like mind, Nabari no Ou would be for you :)

Guest milkbottle.

Recommended Manga;

Beast Master

Angel Love Song

Faster than a Kiss

Nagatachou Strawberry

Peter Pan Syndrome

Rockin' Heaven

Kimi to Scandal!

KissxMiss

Missile Happy

Chocolate Cosmos

B.O.D.Y

These mangas are more of romance & comedy type :]. Most of them are quite short though. All of them can be found at mangafox.com

Guest Elee

can someone recommend me a good anime movie to watch ?

Guest zombie-chan

Hey~

Can anyone reccomend me any good Horror like manga?

=/

Not exactly horror per say, but things like Jigoku Shoujo/Hell Girl, Godchild, Uzumaki, Judas, Nightmare Inspector, Petshop of Horrors, School Days, Higurashi.

Just something more "dark", I guess, that doesn't have some epic fighting plot like most of the vampire manga. =/

(Don't get me wrong, I love those manga too, it's just not what I'm looking for. ;x;)

Guest I AM ON AWAY

manga: HIKARU NO GO. you will NOT regret it. =)

btw, is there a HnG thread in the anime section? i cant seem to find itttt

Guest amyoii

Mars & Case Closed. I'm not sure if they are anime or manga :D

Guest zombie-chan

Mars & Case Closed. I'm not sure if they are anime or manga :D

Mars is definatly a manga and a drama, not sure about an anime, and Case Closed has all three. C:

Guest Bigjmaster14

I just finished watching Tengen Toppa gurren lagan

anyone else have anything similar to that?

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I just finished watching Tengen Toppa gurren lagan

anyone else have anything similar to that?

That anime was EPIC! If you're looking for mecha anime of the same magnitude as that of Gurren Lagann, then I'm sorry because there's none.

However, there's a similar anime. It's called Zegapain. But, after watching Gurren Lagann, don't expect too much. :sweatingbullets:

Guest severus

Thanks for the AAWWEESSOMMEEE recommendations RainySeasons :)

Missile Happy and Kimi to Scandal were veryy cuttee ^_^

Guest jenniferx

Anyone recommend any ROMANTIC anime?

Hello guys, can you please recommend anime similar to Saiunkoku Monogatari, Fushigi Yuugi or 12 kingdoms.

Guest stellabella

recommend me a good anime? based on the ones i've seen and liked....

inuyasha- i liked the anime but it did tend to drag out too much at times.

death note- absolutely LOVED this one, except for the fact that it wasn't realistic at all. by that I don't mean the death note or the shinigamis. it was just unrealistic how L or Light could come up with a conclusion like they just pulled it out of their richard simmons.

samurai champloo- love it. nothing bad to say, nothing extremely great to say.

Guest viviannethai

Hey~

=/

Not exactly horror per say, but things like Jigoku Shoujo/Hell Girl, Godchild, Uzumaki, Judas, Nightmare Inspector, Petshop of Horrors, School Days, Higurashi.

Just something more "dark", I guess, that doesn't have some epic fighting plot like most of the vampire manga. =/

(Don't get me wrong, I love those manga too, it's just not what I'm looking for. ;x;)

How about Elfen Lied? There's some nudity though. >_>

Guest monkeii

Hey~

=/

Fairy Cube by Kaori Yuki (same person who did Godchild) I'm not entirely sure it catergorises as "horror" though~

on to others ...i reccomend:

Black Cat

Angel Diary (if you're a fan of the whole cute romance; "girl pretends to be guy" thing)

Prince of Tennis!!!

Whistle (so CUTE!)

SKIP BEAT!

Air Gear

Cafe Kichijouji De

Eyesheild 21

Trinity Blood

Yakitake Japan!

Spiral

D.Gray-man (WARNING: this manga tends to drag sometimes and have quite a few fillers/interludes that are WAY random)

***those mentioned are the ones that recently captivated me...and by recent i mean the past year.

recommend me a good anime? based on the ones i've seen and liked....

inuyasha- i liked the anime but it did tend to drag out too much at times.

death note- absolutely LOVED this one, except for the fact that it wasn't realistic at all. by that I don't mean the death note or the shinigamis. it was just unrealistic how L or Light could come up with a conclusion like they just pulled it out of their richard simmons.

samurai champloo- love it. nothing bad to say, nothing extremely great to say.

Code Geass has a "death note" feel to it... check that out. (in both cases, the protagonist are schemers and it's a "cat and mouse" game....)

Hello guys, can you please recommend anime similar to Saiunkoku Monogatari, Fushigi Yuugi or 12 kingdoms.

I've watched 12 Kingdoms (well most of it) .. so a female lead? that's not so great at the beginning? I'm currently checking out "blood+" and for some reason the girl reminds me of the protagonist in 12 kingdoms

Guest Pebrero

If you like the Naruto theme I recommend Nabari No Ou.

Guest chika_shia

Can you guys recommend some anime that has action/fantasty/fighting/adventure or something like that? It's also okay if it has romance too, but i don't really care if it's not in there. I don't really like to watch anime that is centered around romance, high school and drama (unless it's Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host club :P) cause i find them boring unless they're manga or when i read them.

I really liked Naruto, Bleach, FMA, the Gundam series, escaflowne, vampire nights...things like that.

Thanks!